EZAir - Yet another issue - Flights disappear from AA website

Ken the cruiser

We are booked on an AA roundtrip flight through EZAir to SFO and back in late April and were just waiting for Princess to pay for the flights so we can pick our seats. Then about 2 weeks ago, our AA flights disappeared from our accounts on the AA website. When we try to retrieve the flight information using our booking number, it finds the booking and displays both our names and also states the ticket is (still) pending, but no itineraries are listed.

When we contacted our TA, she said Princess is having flight issues and for us to email her 30 days out if we still have an issue, so she can start bugging the Princess EZAir folks. She said if she tries to bug them any farther out, like now which is 34 days out, they won't do anything. Funny thing is the flights are still listed in our Princess online accounts.

This is a new one for us. Anyone else having similar issues?

• Haha 1

I always once I pay my final request the air be ticketed.  Once ticketed you have control over the ticket online at the airline site.  So I would ask her to ticket it NOw

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Denmal said:

I always once I pay my final request the air be ticketed.  Once ticketed you have control over the ticket online at the airline site.  So I would ask her to ticket it NOw

Funny thing is we paid for the cruise as well as the flights over 2 months ago. We were under the understanding the flights would be paid for by Princess about 45 days prior to the cruise. Obviously, that didn't happen or maybe it did? We won't know until our TA is "allowed" to ask about them no more than 30 days out. But I also have to say this is the first time we've ever had our flights disappear from an airline's website when we've booked them using a cruise line's air booking service.

Just now, Ken the cruiser said:

Funny thing is we paid for the cruise as well as the flights over 2 months ago. We were under the understanding the flights would be paid for by Princess about 45 days prior to the cruise. Obviously, that didn't happen or maybe it did? We won't know until our TA is "allowed" to ask about them no more than 30 days out. But I also have to say this is the first time we've ever had our flights disappear from an airline's website when we've booked them using a cruise line's air booking service.

If you have control on Princess Cruise Personalizer..you should be able.to.click a button to have them ticketed...they do not pay for.them until 45 days or less.  I WOULD not wait to get flight issues resolved 

I've used EZAir for years and never had a problem - until our post "pause" bookings.  I called when our flights weren't ticketed 30 days prior to our August 2021 cruise.  I was transferred to the air department and they found that there was a mismatch between what Princess had vs. what was in the United systems and it had to be manually processed.  The person had it ticketed within a half hour.

I didn't use EZAir for our February cruise but did for our May 2022 cruise.  I noticed at the end of February that the flights on the Princess website did not match what was on the United website.  I thought that was weird as they usually react to changes within days so I let it go for a while.  Last week I got an air notification from Princess and I thought, ok, they've finally caught up with the new flights.  Nope!  The same old flights that no longer exist were on the air notification.

I used Princess chat on Saturday and the representative contacted the air department.  They agreed that there was a problem and said I would get a notification when it was fixed.  Nothing yet but I suspect that mine is in the queue and they are working other issues.  Our flights start in 58 days so we have time.  But it's pretty clear from the issues I've been reading here and on FB that EZAir which worked well in the past has broken down, just like so many other things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Denmal said:

If you have control on Princess Cruise Personalizer..you should be able.to.click a button to have them ticketed...they do not pay for.them until 45 days or less.  I WOULD not wait to get flight issues resolved 

I just checked and there was no such option available to purchase the tickets, probably because we're booked through a TA rather than directly with Princess.

8 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I just checked and there was no such option available to purchase the tickets, probably because we're booked through a TA rather than directly with Princess.

It's usually there when you click add / modify flights even if you've booked through a TA (I always do).  But if there's a problem with the reservation (like there is for your's and mine) you'll just see this.

image.thumb.png.a2b6c2e5bb4aada6629c783d7baf3d16.png

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

It's usually there when you click add / modify flights even if you've booked through a TA (I always do).  But if there's a problem with the reservation (like there is for your's and mine) you'll just see this.

image.thumb.png.a2b6c2e5bb4aada6629c783d7baf3d16.png

Yup! That's what I'm seeing too, only with a little bit different wording.

ERROR

• The air itinerary you are trying to retrieve has a schedule change that is not reflected in our system. Your flights will be updated shortly so please check back later for updated information.
Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

Ken,

It looks a little like the recent issue we had with AA booking through RCCL Air2Sea.

We have two cruises booked for August on RCCL and Celebrity.  We booked the air LAX-BCN via AA (the other legs are BCN to KEF on KLM/Icelandair and BOS-LAX on United).  We had originally booked that first leg on Air Canada, but had some issues with them so we switched to AA.

Air2Sea actually got us seat assignments and we had an airline code.  But, a few days later, our flight showed up on aa.com as "Canceled".  I called air2sea and they had it "reinstated".  Then, a few days later, canceled again...Oh, and each time, we lost our seat assignments.

I checked on aa.com...and our flights were still happening each time...without time changes or anything.

Eventually, air2sea fixed it permanently by going ahead and ticketing it--even though well in advance of their schedule.  Apparently, there's a quirk in aa's program that assumes unticketed reservations are moot--and cancels them.

• Thanks 1

Still waiting for Princess EZAir to get back to me to rebook a flight for a cruise.  Delta pushed back the flight, and now I'm scheduled to get into the city right when the ship is scheduled to depart. 😞

49 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

ERROR

• The air itinerary you are trying to retrieve has a schedule change that is not reflected in our system. Your flights will be updated shortly so please check back later for updated information.

I booked EZ directly through Princess. I too had this error message. A few days later I received an email that the airline schedule had changed. I didn't like the new flights, called the airline and re-booked for the same price. They tried to assign my seats but were unable to and told me I had to do that with Princess. So I went to Princess site, the new flights were already on my account and I was able to reserve our seats. Good luck with yours and I hope it is as easy as ours was.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

ERROR

I had a similar issue with HAL easy air on a booking with AA.  Booked yesterday and got the error message today when I checked.  Went to AA site to check the flight, no schedule change but the seats we reserved yesterday had become unoccupied and available now!!!

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

EZAir dropped our air flight, no notice.  I happened to check.

I rebooked, full payment paid.

Ezair dropped our air flight again without notice, something inside me told me to check…No air flights dropped again without notice…something about schedule chang.

We no longer trust Ez air.

spoken with EZAir for early tickets, cruise date 9/4/2023.

we were told that even with early tickets, there is still a chance air flight schedule will change again.

Lord help us.  We are canceling our flights with EZAir.  Enough time on hold on the phone already.

waiting for our refund.

Ken, I am thinking that maybe PAYING for your tickets does not automatically mean that your flights are ticketed.  That seems to be a different thing, to request your tickets before Princess gets around to processing the final ticket with the airline.

I am just curious.... 

Just in case EZ-air does offer a good fare.

If you can use EZ-air, and have your flights ticketed, then from that point on, you are in control.

You have your actual tickets.

So, would could there be any other problem with using EZ-air?

While EZ=air is supposed to be cancellable.  I am assuming that once you have them ticket your flights, from then on it is NOT cancellable?

Edited by Wishing on a star

19 hours ago, watchtennis said:

EZAir dropped our air flight, no notice.  I happened to check.

I rebooked, full payment paid.

Ezair dropped our air flight again without notice, something inside me told me to check…No air flights dropped again without notice…something about schedule chang.

We no longer trust Ez air.

spoken with EZAir for early tickets, cruise date 9/4/2023.

we were told that even with early tickets, there is still a chance air flight schedule will change again.

Lord help us.  We are canceling our flights with EZAir.  Enough time on hold on the phone already.

waiting for our refund.

EzAir does not change/cancel flights it is the airline.

• Like 4

If I didn’t check our flights, we would be in for a big surprise.  No one monitor the flight except me.  I quickly rebooked our flights with Expedia and there still good openings.

cruise 9/4/2023.  Wait and see what happens.