ArriveCAN

Babr

5 hours ago, joyandjerry said:

Kathy, Jerry and I are in the same situation with Bermuda first on 30 September, then Canada/NE on 6 October with RCCL from Baltimore. What a mess! We did Bermuda in the spring when one had to upload test results and I was so stressed I couldn't sleep. RCCL told me any necessary testing would be done on the ship, but the first one may be accepted from the first cruise. So we will see when we get on. There is no way that they would make us get off the ship and find other testing! I am not paying for the internet plan, so they can just help me get the code if necessary from what I have filled out before the cruise. Major, unnecessary hassle!

Definitely a hassle! I should be getting excited about the upcoming cruises and my mind is spinning worrying about the ArriveCan and the Bermuda TA and getting tested 2 days before  for Bermuda and testing for Canada while we’re on the ship… 🤯

• Like 2

Some help from my CC buddies please!   Working on my ArriveCAN FOR MY Sept 7 cruise on Princess Ruby.  Where it says to upload “travel documents” are they talking about passport or Ship itinerary?   Thanks .

9 minutes ago, LawDog61 said:

Some help from my CC buddies please!   Working on my ArriveCAN FOR MY Sept 7 cruise on Princess Ruby.  Where it says to upload “travel documents” are they talking about passport or Ship itinerary?   Thanks .

You don't need the itinerary. Personal docs like fax cards, passports, or whatever they tell you to do.

On 8/22/2022 at 5:05 PM, LawDog61 said:

Passports. 

On 8/16/2022 at 6:10 PM, KATHYMAC68 said:

Definitely a hassle! I should be getting excited about the upcoming cruises and my mind is spinning worrying about the ArriveCan and the Bermuda TA and getting tested 2 days before  for Bermuda and testing for Canada while we’re on the ship… 🤯

@KATHYMAC68My B2B is a month after yours.  I, too, am worried about all of this! I'll do what I can with the ArriveCAN before embarking for Bermuda, and RCCL can let me use the internet to finish up. Earlier in the thread you stated, "I was told that I wouldn’t need another Covid test. Since I’m already on the ship they can use the one prior to first cruise." Is this still the case? That would ease my mind quite a bit. Who told you that? When I called today, they just told me to ask at Guest Services aboard.

You must be in a tizzy trying to pack and get all of this together. Blessings and good wishes that is works out well for you. Please let us know in a few weeks how it went!

1 hour ago, joyandjerry said:

@KATHYMAC68My B2B is a month after yours.  I, too, am worried about all of this! I'll do what I can with the ArriveCAN before embarking for Bermuda, and RCCL can let me use the internet to finish up. Earlier in the thread you stated, "I was told that I wouldn’t need another Covid test. Since I’m already on the ship they can use the one prior to first cruise." Is this still the case? That would ease my mind quite a bit. Who told you that? When I called today, they just told me to ask at Guest Services aboard.

You must be in a tizzy trying to pack and get all of this together. Blessings and good wishes that is works out well for you. Please let us know in a few weeks how it went!

From what I’ve been reading, Royal will test us for the second b2b (Canada NE) And since I’m diamond, I will use my 1 free day of wifi the day I need to send the ArriveCan. 72 hrs 

I just won’t be able to print it out. So I will screen shot it just in case I can’t get to it during the check in.

it’s starting to come together…

I will post a review when I get back. Hopefully it will help the next person.

Have.a great cruise!

1 minute ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

From what I’ve been reading, Royal will test us for the second b2b (Canada NE) And since I’m diamond, I will use my 1 free day of wifi the day I need to send the ArriveCan. 72 hrs 

I just won’t be able to print it out. So I will screen shot it just in case I can’t get to it during the check in.

it’s starting to come together…

I will post a review when I get back. Hopefully it will help the next person.

Have.a great cruise!

Thanks ever so much for the info! Really hoping not to be tested on the ship. On our May cruise to Bermuda, I got COVID, but did not test positive till day four of getting home. A few days later, Jerry tested positive. We didn't mask on the ship, but did indoors in Bermuda. Really worried about it.

For those of us not on a B2B-We are taking a cruise out of Boston that goes to Canada.  Is it my understanding that we fill out the ArriveCAN before getting on the ship?  I think? also that we have to test two days before the cruise and not three like some do.  Just seeing if I am understanding all of this correctly.

11 hours ago, bunzini said:

For those of us not on a B2B-We are taking a cruise out of Boston that goes to Canada.  Is it my understanding that we fill out the ArriveCAN before getting on the ship?  I think? also that we have to test two days before the cruise and not three like some do.  Just seeing if I am understanding all of this correctly.

That’s my understanding.  We are leaving from NJ next month.

21 hours ago, joyandjerry said:

Thanks ever so much for the info! Really hoping not to be tested on the ship. On our May cruise to Bermuda, I got COVID, but did not test positive till day four of getting home. A few days later, Jerry tested positive. We didn't mask on the ship, but did indoors in Bermuda. Really worried about it.

I plan on using my mask while indoors on the ship. I don’t want to be denied for the second leg of the b2b. We cruised in November and is was required then. I didn’t think it was that big of a deal.

21 hours ago, bunzini said:

You are correct. ArriveCan needs to be completed 72 hours before boarding. And a beg Covid test 2 days before boarding.

31 minutes ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

I plan on using my mask while indoors on the ship. I don’t want to be denied for the second leg of the b2b. We cruised in November and is was required then. I didn’t think it was that big of a deal.

I think we will, too. We never take elevators and stay away from others. Will have to be careful at the shows and trivia. always wear them when out shopping at home anyway, like in Wally  World today. Pity Canada doesn't require testing for arrivals by air or auto, only cruises. Enjoy yourself!

Edited by joyandjerry

So can you complete the ArriveCan earlier than 3 days arrival at first Canadian port? We board our cruise in NYC and will have 3 more stops in US ports so on day 4 of our cruise I think we hit our first Canadian port . I was under the impression I could not select an entry date  in Arrivecan app until exactly 3 days before arrival. I have already created an account and it would not allow me to put any date after the 3 days displayed on the app. Appreciate any advice or feedback for those traveling with similar travel circumstances. Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, joyandjerry said:

I think we will, too. We never take elevators and stay away from others. Will have to be careful at the shows and trivia. always wear them when out shopping at home anyway, like in Wally  World today. Pity Canada doesn't require testing for arrivals by air or auto, only cruises. Enjoy yourself!

That’s so funny that you said Wally World! That’s what we call it too!

Some people have no idea what I’m talking about.

10 minutes ago, bobolz said:

So can you complete the ArriveCan earlier than 3 days arrival at first Canadian port? We board our cruise in NYC and will have 3 more stops in US ports so on day 4 of our cruise I think we hit our first Canadian port . I was under the impression I could not select an entry date  in Arrivecan app until exactly 3 days before arrival. I have already created an account and it would not allow me to put any date after the 3 days displayed on the app. Appreciate any advice or feedback for those traveling with similar travel circumstances. Thanks in advance

Must be completed 72 hours before boarding

2 hours ago, bobolz said:

Maybe we are on the same cruise. I am hoping for an email from Celebrity explaining this?  Interesting that you could not put in anything beyond the three days.  We arrive in Canada on the fourth day of our cruise.

5 minutes ago, bunzini said:

Maybe we are on the same cruise. I am hoping for an email from Celebrity explaining this?  Interesting that you could not put in anything beyond the three days.  We arrive in Canada on the fourth day of our cruise.

You can complete ArriveCAN within 72 hours of your boarding date/time.  As you go through the screens for a maritime entry you will eventually be asked for your first port in Canada and the date/time you expect to get there.  That could be two days, four days, ten days (I'm sure you get the picture)  after you board the ship.

ArriveCAN must be submitted anytime within 72 hours prior to boarding a cruise that will enter Canada at some  point. 

https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/services/arrivecan.html

The process is straightforward just answer the question as presented, don't try to anticipate questions.

If you want you can create a dummy entry. Just don't Submit the complete entry. Use an embarkation date within 72 hours to start. The system will retain passport and vaccination information for later reuse. The entry can be deleted or modified with valid data before submission.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I’ll check that section on the app more closely. I know  I selected arrival by maritime vessel, so I should be ok when it’s time to load. happy and safe travels everyone! 

Edited by bobolz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IrieBajan54 said:

Question:

So I am using an online monitored pre-test site that has been recommended. So when they send me the email results, do I need to print that out for embarkation check-in or does ArriveCan require that I upload it?

Embarkation check-in.

On 8/25/2022 at 7:40 PM, KATHYMAC68 said:

That’s so funny that you said Wally World! That’s what we call it too!

Some people have no idea what I’m talking about.

We don't have a Target or any other discount store here, so all types shop at Wally World, many in their pj's. And quite a few that obviously don't have a mirror in their house!

Blessings for a safe and happy trip!

• Haha 1