ArriveCAN

Babr

• 4 weeks later...

Just got off Ruby Princess - last stop was Prince Rubert, Canada

no one asked to see our ArriveCan form  - I asked the Canada official and he said that they were told that we only needed to show our medallion

Edited by roxievegas

We are cruising the Summit Iceland to Boston, Our first port in Canada will be St.John's, Newfoundland, In the ArriveCAN APP there are 2 options St.John's Marina and St.John's Marine Terminal (Newfoundland), which is the correct selection?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 6:25 PM, roxievegas said:

Just got off Ruby Princess - last stop was Prince Rubert, Canada

no one asked to see our ArriveCan form  - I asked the Canada official and he said that they were told that we only needed to show our medallion

What is a medallion?  TIA

On 7/7/2022 at 11:10 AM, shipgeeks said:

How does this work for those without a smartphone?  

ArriveCan can also be submitted on their website, and then they email you a receipt which you could print out (or you could print out the screen showing the receipt when you submit if you don’t have email) and take that printout along for embarkation.

https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/services/arrivecan.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

ship medallion that you use to get on and off the ship with.

I just looked up ship medallion...it appears that it is on Princess Lines?  I'll be sailing Royal Caribbean, so I guess it doesn't apply to me?🤔

1 hour ago, bookbabe said:

ArriveCan can also be submitted on their website, and then they email you a receipt which you could print out (or you could print out the screen showing the receipt when you submit if you don’t have email) and take that printout along for embarkation.

https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/services/arrivecan.html

Thank you; that's one more thing I can put to rest.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

How does this work if I have a B2B? And Canada is the second cruise?

Fill in ArriveCan in the 72 hours before boarding the cruise ship that enters Canada at some point during the cruise.  With more details, it would be easier to give a more specific answer.

On 7/16/2022 at 8:12 AM, bookbabe said:

Fill in ArriveCan in the 72 hours before boarding the cruise ship that enters Canada at some point during the cruise.  With more details, it would be easier to give a more specific answer.

What details do you need? 5 nights in Bermuda on Adventure of the Seas out of Bayonne, then 9 nights Can N/E.

Thanks for any assistance. We don’t have access to a printer onboard. Is that something we have to printout?

3 hours ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

What details do you need? 5 nights in Bermuda on Adventure of the Seas out of Bayonne, then 9 nights Can N/E.

Thanks for any assistance. We don’t have access to a printer onboard. Is that something we have to printout?

Does your cruise line count it as one cruise or two?  If it’s two separate cruises, ie you check in twice, even if the second checkin is onboard, you’d do ArriveCan in the 72 hours before you check in for the second cruise.  If it’s counted as one cruise, which is much less likely I think, you’d do ArriveCan in the 72 hours before the first (only) check in at initial embarkation.  

You can use the app on your phone connected to hotel/ship/port Wi-Fi and then just screen shot the receipt to show offline later if you need to.  Or use the web version and they’ll email you a receipt that you can show on your phone or print out at home before you leave if the timing is right or at the hotel/ship business center or Internet cafe if that’s easier.

You will show the receipt when checking in for the cruise that enters Canada, so that’s the important detail to figure out.  Your ArriveCan (and testing) use that departure date as the start point for counting back for your Covid requirements.  Everything happens in the days leading up to that Canadian cruise departure date.   

Not part of your question, but you also need to do an antigen test in the two days before your Canadian cruise departs, so you’ll need to check with your cruise line about them doing it onboard.  If they can’t you will need to take along  telehealth tests or find a testing site in Bermuda.  

Edited by bookbabe
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, bookbabe said:

Does your cruise line count it as one cruise or two?  If it’s two separate cruises, ie you check in twice, even if the second checkin is onboard, you’d do ArriveCan in the 72 hours before you check in for the second cruise.  If it’s counted as one cruise, which is much less likely I think, you’d do ArriveCan in the 72 hours before the first (only) check in at initial embarkation.  

You can use the app on your phone connected to hotel/ship/port Wi-Fi and then just screen shot the receipt to show offline later if you need to.  Or use the web version and they’ll email you a receipt that you can show on your phone or print out at home before you leave if the timing is right or at the hotel/ship business center or Internet cafe if that’s easier.

You will show the receipt when checking in for the cruise that enters Canada, so that’s the important detail to figure out.  Your ArriveCan (and testing) use that departure date as the start point for counting back for your Covid requirements.  Everything happens in the days leading up to that Canadian cruise departure date.   

Not part of your question, but you also need to do an antigen test in the two days before your Canadian cruise departs, so you’ll need to check with your cruise line about them doing it onboard.  If they can’t you will need to take along  telehealth tests or find a testing site in Bermuda.  

Thank you for all that info. RCI considers it 2 cruises since I have to check I in twice.

I was told that I wouldn’t need another Covid test. Since I’m already on the ship they can use the one prior to first cruise.

I guess I will get the internet package for the day. 3 days before we dock back in Cape Liberty. So I can fill out the ArriveCan. 
does it have something on there about the Antigen test?

12 hours ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

Thank you for all that info. RCI considers it 2 cruises since I have to check I in twice.

I was told that I wouldn’t need another Covid test. Since I’m already on the ship they can use the one prior to first cruise.

I guess I will get the internet package for the day. 3 days before we dock back in Cape Liberty. So I can fill out the ArriveCan. 
does it have something on there about the Antigen test?

You may be able to use the Internet cafe computers onboard to fill in ArriveCan, ask onboard.  They often allow free airline checkins, so maybe this will be counted the same way.

I’d be surprised if the Canadian government didn’t want a new test done in the correct time frame, in the two calendar days before the departure of your second cruise.  You might want to contact them to ask, as they will be the ones deciding if that first test can count, not the cruise line.  There’s a “contact us” link at the bottom left of this page.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise#pre-embarkation-test

ArriveCan is unrelated to the testing.  You’ll have to upload your vaccine docs, but not your test results.  You can fill in most of it ahead of time without pressing submit on either the webpage or the app, whichever you plan to use during the cruise, and then you’d just need to change to the correct dates and submit while onboard.  If you Google “using arrivecan youtube” there are dozens of videos that walk you through how to use the app.

• Like 1

So, let me get this straight. If we are flying into Quebec and going directly to the cruise ship, we need to complete arriveCAN before leaving home, go through customs at the airport, delete the receipt we have, enter a new arriveCAN application, then go to the ship? Is there good wifi at the airport? Will I be completing the second application in baggage claim/in the car on the way to the ship?

On 6/29/2022 at 8:28 AM, gerelmx said:

We are cruising the Summit Iceland to Boston, Our first port in Canada will be St.John's, Newfoundland, In the ArriveCAN APP there are 2 options St.John's Marina and St.John's Marine Terminal (Newfoundland), which is the correct selection?

As far as the ArriveCAN app selection, it appears (at least on my app) to be "Saint John Marine Terminal (New"

That's how it' shows on the app. That's the one I plan on selecting. The other choice would be "Saint John Marina". Doubt that one. 

We'll be on the Summit 21 September and Saint John is our first port in Canada. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

A person reported on another site that she had to pay $60 for her ArriveCAN.  Is there even a line in the application that asks you to pay??  (I think she is thinking of something else, but I'm curious.)

Nope, it's 100% free - but just like when eTAs started being required, a bunch of scammers have built websites to (at best) charge a fee while actually completing the required application and (at worst) take the money and run...

• Like 3

Well!  I just found out how easily one can be fooled.  I did a search for ArriveCAN, chose the one that seemed most likely to be government, and filled it all in.  Last page: "Choose payment method."  (No mention of amount.)  I jumped out, went back to the first page, and eventually found some fine print saying "This is a private travel agency, not an official government site".

Chose another one, filled it all in again, and was successful.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Well!  I just found out how easily one can be fooled.  I did a search for ArriveCAN, chose the one that seemed most likely to be government, and filled it all in.  Last page: "Choose payment method."  (No mention of amount.)  I jumped out, went back to the first page, and eventually found some fine print saying "This is a private travel agency, not an official government site".

Chose another one, filled it all in again, and was successful.  

Nancy, I am so glad you realized in time! One has to be really  careful. We were conversing in the Bermuda forum about the TA for the CCL trip in May on which we both were pax. What a nightmare - now this! Jerry and I are doing the Canada/NE as a second part of a B2B with Bermuda first, starting 30 September with RCCL. It seems like this aggravation is never ending.

On 7/15/2022 at 8:32 PM, KATHYMAC68 said:

How does this work if I have a B2B? And Canada is the second cruise?

Kathy, Jerry and I are in the same situation with Bermuda first on 30 September, then Canada/NE on 6 October with RCCL from Baltimore. What a mess! We did Bermuda in the spring when one had to upload test results and I was so stressed I couldn't sleep. RCCL told me any necessary testing would be done on the ship, but the first one may be accepted from the first cruise. So we will see when we get on. There is no way that they would make us get off the ship and find other testing! I am not paying for the internet plan, so they can just help me get the code if necessary from what I have filled out before the cruise. Major, unnecessary hassle!

• Like 1