Re-pricing NextCruise purchase??

Three weeks ago while on Anthem we purchased a cruise for an October cruise on Oasis. We received $50 OBC normally associated with this cruise plus an extra $100 OBC for booking onboard. Deposit was also reduced to $100. Today I noticed that the cruise price had dropped by about $100. Just wondering if we try to reprice this cruise if we will be able to keep the extra OBC or will it disappear? I seem to recall seeing reports of people not being able to reprice without loosing the benefits gained from purchasing onboard but I just wanted to confirm before I call. Thanks

If onboard bookings follow the same price guarantee policy as other bookings, you will be able to re-book at the new price.  If you happen to be within the final payment window, you will receive the difference as onboard credit.

Depending on the phone agent they might tell you the Next OBC will be lost.  If so hang up and try again. 

I've recently repriced a couple times and one agent said I'd lose the Next OBC so I thanked them and told them not do anything then I called back and got the price drop and kept the Next OBC with a different rep.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The key is to avoid ever using the phrase "re-book". Make sure you are calling the C&A desk and not the general reservations number. We book all of our cruises while onboard, and have taken advantage of price drops on countless occasions with no problems. As long as you are keeping the same booking number you should not have any problems. If an agent tells you that you need to cancel and re-book, as others have said, hang up and call again. There is never a legitimate reason to cancel and re-book a cruise to get a price drop.

51 minutes ago, twangster said:

Depending on the phone agent they might tell you the Next OBC will be lost.  If so hang up and try again. 

I've recently repriced a couple times and one agent said I'd lose the Next OBC so I thanked them and told them not do anything then I called back and got the price drop and kept the Next OBC with a different rep.

Will repricing a cruise, booked with next cruise, work for 2023 sailings since they are beyond the CWC dates?  We have two we booked onboard earlier this month, and their prices are now lower.

Hard to believe, but out of the many cruises we have booked, these are the first ones where we have seen a lower price after booking.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Will repricing a cruise, booked with next cruise, work for 2023 sailings since they are beyond the CWC dates?  We have two we booked onboard earlier this month, and their prices are now lower.

Yes, a booking is not impacted by which promotions were in effect when the booking was made. CWC dates only affect the method of protecting your payments in the event the cruise is cancelled. We have repriced several cruises that were booked anywhere from 2019 (including a few that had been L&S'd several times) to cruises that were booked during the CWC promotion without any problem. 

Thanks for the replies. We just called and after 45 minutes the agent said that our cruise was not showing as being less than our original booking price. I told her that I was on the site and what the lower total was. I asked if she had included our age, province and C&A # (we are Emerald) and she indicated that we still were booked at the best price. At that point the line went dead and we were cut off. If the lower price is still showing tomorrow I'll call then.

5 minutes ago, Jcol5786 said:

she indicated that we still were booked at the best price.

Before you call, make sure that the room category where you see the lower price is the same as the category you currently have booked. We have had issues in the past where the on line price appears lower, but that was because the category tied to that price was different. Just went through this last week where the category at the lower price had a different designation than the one we had booked. (J4 vs J3), and the only way we would have been able to get the reduced price would have been to switch cabins to a different deck and location.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Hard to believe, but out of the many cruises we have booked, these are the first ones where we have seen a lower price after booking.

Until final payment due date in North America we are assuming Royal will go back to old ways. Other regions may vary.  

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Before you call, make sure that the room category where you see the lower price is the same as the category you currently have booked. We have had issues in the past where the on line price appears lower, but that was because the category tied to that price was different. Just went through this last week where the category at the lower price had a different designation than the one we had booked. (J4 vs J3), and the only way we would have been able to get the reduced price would have been to switch cabins to a different deck and location.

Had this exact same thing, it’s all about your category. If you do call again ask them what category you are booked in so when you look online you’ll have a better idea of what to look for.