Category E Staterooms

patty1955

We are booked on a cruise next September on the Insignia. Today we received an email that read:

"Dear Valued Guests and Travel Advisors,

We have an important update about your upcoming voyage. As a result of our OceaniaNEXT brand enhancement program, our Category E Oceanview Staterooms are being re-classified as Solo Oceanview Staterooms which will be dedicated to single occupancy.

With this change, we are taking the opportunity to provide you with a complimentary upgrade to a larger Oceanview stateroom with a spacious seating area, more storage space and unobstructed views of the sea.

In the coming week, you will be receiving a new cruise confirmation with your updated stateroom assignment. There is no action required on your part.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact your Travel Advisor or Oceania Cruises’ Guest Services department.

Warmest regards,

Carlos E. Ortega
Vice President, Guest Services"

I guess that explains why Category E staterooms have disappeared from the price list.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Dwtlion said:

Appears Cat. E will only show up if, when potentially booking a cruise, you indicate only 1 passenger.

I just tried that on an Alaska cruise and got the total price for 2 people even though I put 1 in.  Did you try it and get a different price than dbl the single?

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Great news for you

This is the second time something like this has happened and this will be our second Oceania cruise. On our first Oceania cruise, we were "upgraded" because of " evolving technical needs of our Marine Operations department".

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

I just tried that on an Alaska cruise and got the total price for 2 people even though I put 1 in.  Did you try it and get a different price than dbl the single?

I believe that E category cabins will only be sold as a single, but the current single pricing will prevail - on most cruises it is dbl pricing.  They do have some sailings with a discounted single pricing

25 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Maybe the website has not been updated yet

You may have to call for solo pricing still 😉

http://crweworld.com/article/news-provided-by-pr-newswire/2334840/oceania-cruises-reveals-new-solo-staterooms-and-two-new-tour-series

Pricing and availability for the new Solo Oceanview Staterooms will be available on April 11, 2022, for sailings beginning on or after September 25, 2022 - Regatta on September 25, 2022; Nautica on September 26, 2022; and Insignia and Sirena on October 1, 2022.

Edited by KS&JW
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, anaco_angler said:

So for those of us who had a cat E stateroom booked, will we be switched automatically to cat D?

We were. We got an email this morning and then a new invoice for a cat D guaranty. We don't have a TA so the email came directly to me. 

I booked the Riveria in the Med this August as a single.  My cruise is now listed under the "Special Single Supplement" cruises.  Yet, when I go to book as a single it's a bit more than I booked?  Will call tomorrow, but wondering if anyone has any insight?

1 hour ago, anaco_angler said:

I understand the cruise line has the right to reconfigure its cabin categories but it's disappointing to be moved from deck 6 to deck 3 with no recourse.

They have been moved to a much larger cabin with a large, unobstructed window 

9 hours ago, anaco_angler said:

I understand the cruise line has the right to reconfigure its cabin categories but it's disappointing to be moved from deck 6 to deck 3 with no recourse.

Call O or your TA to ask if there is any flexibility to reassign you a cabin on a different floor. Maybe?

7 hours ago, patty1955 said:

We were moved to a larger cabin with a smaller window(porthole).

What cabin did they move you from?

Some of those E cabins you do not have much of a view  & the crew can be outside your window at  anytime 😉