Jim_Iain – Silhouette Live Post April 8, 21, 30 - B3B - TransAtlantic, Portugal Spain, France and the Norwegian Fjords

Jim_Iain

Tick Tok  running around doing all the last minute things. 

Passports and Vax certificates out

86CDFED0-FE1C-41DD-8E86-28EC6796A093.thumb.jpeg.be535cc549e95451c55c917562923c28.jpeg

Airline Tickets,  Sea Pass and Luggage Tags printed

7FAAC80C-5F04-491B-B5FF-F7D3097C8391.thumb.jpeg.77d750ec5736db55feefe4683ee1727c.jpeg

and Hilton Embassy Suite checkin and Digital key 🔑 processed

F083815A-0F27-4103-870B-528010D304C0.thumb.png.ffbd38f950391c0d9f9c6bde179e4621.png

584DFE8F-C9AE-46B8-9F19-C96F21661E79.thumb.png.afa12ac40123ba2c7936302ce0539c9b.png

also ran to bank to get US, Euro’s and UK Pound's. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Jim,

Your favorite desert is no longer on the menu at Cafe al Bacio but if you order it by name you can get it.  Despite my efforts, they still have all the ingredients

We found that out on the Reflection a couple weeks ago, still had no problem getting it, but we were asked if we wanted Vanilla or Chocolate Gelato and we didn't remember which it came with so we had to order 2 (each) so we could taste test... still don't remember so we just kept tasting them all week!

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Jim,

I am happy to report that I just saw Fre being served in Luminae so hopefully there will be plenty onboard for your B2B2B.

Your favorite desert is no longer on the menu at Cafe al Bacio but if you order it by name you can get it.  Despite my efforts, they still have all the ingredients

I can't image there will be a run on it.  But on one cruise they did have a run on it and ran out.

Yikes... I'm surprised they removed it from the menu.   They haven't changed the menu in at least a decade.

29 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

We found that out on the Reflection a couple weeks ago, still had no problem getting it, but we were asked if we wanted Vanilla or Chocolate Gelato and we didn't remember which it came with so we had to order 2 (each) so we could taste test... still don't remember so we just kept tasting them all week!

Your my kinda guy.    By the way @DaKahuna what do you mean "Desert".    Just a regular coffee---- LOL not as many calories that way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Your my kinda guy.    By the way @DaKahuna what do you mean "Desert".    Just a regular coffee---- LOL not as many calories that way.

True, but I prefer to think of it that way since I am in the habit of ordering mine with a shot of Bailey’s. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

Hmmm, never entered my mind to do it that way.  I have always went with Vanilla. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tigrou said:

Jim_Iain. I’m looking forward to following your live trip report, especially as I’m also on the TA.

Just need to get a negative test result tomorrow ……

Of course you will. We both tested negative yesterday and our ready for our 8 May sailing that's if X gets round to publishing the European requirements. Geoff.

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Tick Tok  running around doing all the last minute things. 

Passports and Vax certificates out

86CDFED0-FE1C-41DD-8E86-28EC6796A093.thumb.jpeg.be535cc549e95451c55c917562923c28.jpeg

Airline Tickets,  Sea Pass and Luggage Tags printed

7FAAC80C-5F04-491B-B5FF-F7D3097C8391.thumb.jpeg.77d750ec5736db55feefe4683ee1727c.jpeg

and Hilton Embassy Suite checkin and Digital key 🔑 processed

F083815A-0F27-4103-870B-528010D304C0.thumb.png.ffbd38f950391c0d9f9c6bde179e4621.png

584DFE8F-C9AE-46B8-9F19-C96F21661E79.thumb.png.afa12ac40123ba2c7936302ce0539c9b.png

also ran to bank to get US, Euro’s and UK Pound's. 

Hi Jim and Iain, love your contributions to this and other posts.

Hope we get to meet you during the 8 May Norwegian Cruise. We are regulars in Al Bacio and are instantly recognisable as we are a party of 3 - Me,  Anita (the boss) and Molly.

Molly is a bright red 4 wheeled walker.

Have a great crossing, Geoff.

PS my cousin served in the Royal Navy starting as a boy sailor at 15 and retired as a Lieutenant Commander.

• Thanks 1

Hi Jim. I''m late to the party as usual 😆 Always look forward to your live threads. Particularly looking forward to this one as the Transatlantic has always been on our bucket list and next year maybe the time to do it as we have a sailing on the Silhouette in late September 2023 to the Canaries, so plenty of time to sail next April.

Also on your 21st April sailing we have two lots of friends who will be onboard, a couple who are experienced cruisers and a family who have only one previous cruise a few years ago. I know they are al looking forward to it.

We sailed aboard Silhouette last summer on one of her UK sailings and she is beautiful, we had a great time and were blessed with gorgeous weather especially in Scotland.

We will be on the Reflection this summer so looking forward to that.

• Like 1

Hi!   Wishing you both a wonderful and safe trip!   😃

I always enjoy your 'Live Reviews'.  Thank you for taking the time to share your adventures with all of us.    We're all in for an extra long treat with this one. 😉

🍹

2 hours ago, groryjm said:

@Jim_Iain I see you have that lovely extra large CS balcony for the crossing. for your next two RSs are you in the same suite or do you have to move.

It worked out well.   We are in the same RS for both cruises.   So will only have to change rooms once.

• Like 3

Submitted both Covid and Vax records to Bermuda.   It will be interesting to see how long it takes them to process.   I can only imagine people at the pier waiting for a reply.   I submitted an hour ago and nothing back yet.

Real easy.    After you register and pay the fee they send you a link to upload your Test Results and Vax Certificate.     On the form you just select file location for each and press submit.

2022-04-06_9-07-08.thumb.jpg.358dc3b08ffcaf69784240c13416e1d3.jpg

2022-04-06_9-07-42.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 2

Alls go.  Iain also tested Negative.   The strange thing with the test,  after the stringent controls to test you read your own results.  Not too bad for this long of a trip.   Iain has one more carry on still to arrive. 

17160CA7-FD6E-452D-A0CC-B69B6EF35049.thumb.jpeg.3d4d9d64dcd1d294328e25fbdeac212c.jpeg

• Like 7

When we used the BinaxNow proctored tests, we initially read them ourselves, then were required to hold them up to the camera for the proctor to verify.

Glad that you are both negative! Have a wonderful time!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Alls go.  Iain also tested Negative.   The strange thing with the test,  after the stringent controls to test you read your own results.  Not too bad for this long of a trip.   Iain has one more carry on still to arrive. 

17160CA7-FD6E-452D-A0CC-B69B6EF35049.thumb.jpeg.3d4d9d64dcd1d294328e25fbdeac212c.jpeg

How do you pack that light for a month?  Sure, you have laundry service, but still............

I had twice that much luggage for my latest ten-night cruise!  Okay, fine...I am a chronic over-packer.😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 4