Jim_Iain – Silhouette Live Post April 8, 21, 30 - B3B - TransAtlantic, Portugal Spain, France and the Norwegian Fjords

Jim_Iain

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

Jim_Iain was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Our Next Adventure at Sea

Three Consecutive Cruises

silhouette-2560x1440.jpg.rend.8x3-large.jpg

First Cruise - April 8 - April  21, 2022 - Transatlantic 13 Night Cruise Fort Lauderdale to Southampton

Second Cruise - April 21 to April 30, 2022 - Southampton 9 Night France, Portugal and Spain

Third Cruise - April 30 - May 7, 2022 - Southampton 7 Night Norwegian Fjords

Side Trip -  May 7 to May 17 - Visit with Alex and Evelyn in Scotland

LET THE PLANNING BEGIN

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Welcome to our next Live Post -   We will be flying to Florida on Wednesday so thought I would get the Live post going this afternoon. 

I booked this TransAtlantic portion of this trip by mistake over 2 years ago.   Yea, you'll find that I'm not beyond making mistakes.     We were originally scheduled to do a TransAtlantic out of Rio de Janeiro  and as part of a B2B with a Rio to Buenos Aires.   They cancelled the cruise and I thought it was replaced with this one so I booked it.    After I booked it I realized it was out of FLL instead of Rio.      They next cancelled the other cruise so I ended up putting this trip together.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Our Next Adventure at Sea

Three Consecutive Cruises

silhouette-2560x1440.jpg.rend.8x3-large.jpg

First Cruise - April 8 - April  21, 2022 - Transatlantic 13 Night Cruise Fort Lauderdale to Southampton

Second Cruise - April 21 to April 30, 2022 - Southampton 9 Night France, Portugal and Spain

Third Cruise - April 30 - May 7, 2022 - Southampton 7 Night Norwegian Fjords

Side Trip -  May 7 to May 17 - Visit with Alex and Evelyn in Scotland

LET THE PLANNING BEGIN

Yeah - another Jim and Iain review!! Had a great time with you guys on St Croix last summer. We also leave on a Celebrity ship April 8 but it is the Constellation out of Tampa - wrong coast to see you again. Have a great trip.

Sounds like a great adventure.  Will be interested to hear how Celebrity handles Bermuda.  It seems pretty clear to me that we'll have to fill out the Bermuda Travel Authorization.  How we'll get tested is a whole different story.  Of course, on your TA, Celebrity could just skip Bermuda entirely.

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic vacation! We were on the Silhouette for a staycation last year and we loved her! 

We don’t cruise again until October so we will really enjoy following your adventures. Stay safe.

22 minutes ago, Richard&JohnSTX said:

Yeah - another Jim and Iain review!! Had a great time with you guys on St Croix last summer. We also leave on a Celebrity ship April 8 but it is the Constellation out of Tampa - wrong coast to see you again. Have a great trip.

We have fond memories our our day with both of you in St. Croix.   Great food, drink, company and a private tour by a local.   Are you still living in St. Croix or is the renovation in Florida completed?

8 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Sounds like a great adventure.  Will be interested to hear how Celebrity handles Bermuda.  It seems pretty clear to me that we'll have to fill out the Bermuda Travel Authorization.  How we'll get tested is a whole different story.  Of course, on your TA, Celebrity could just skip Bermuda entirely.

It's really crazy on Celebrity side that they have really missed the mark on letting us know about Bermuda.   Someone on Silhouette that is doing a B2B received instructions on Silhouette Letterhead  with what is required (for the 4/8 sailing). 

It's really crazy they send an e-mail out yesterday with all the vaccination and testing requirements but didn't even mention Bermuda.    I have a felling many are going to show up at the port without having obtained a Bermuda TA.

Silhouette Bermuda.jpg

• Thanks 1

I’ll be following as well. Very envious of your three itineraries, you’ll be covering lots of geography and I hope good weather follows you both! 

On a side note, I’d like to thank you for recommending the Bose sleepbuds on a previous  post….I ended up getting a pair and I’m finally sleeping solidly again. Well  worth the expense! 

Enjoy your travels!

Cathy

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic vacation! We were on the Silhouette for a staycation last year and we loved her! 

We don’t cruise again until October so we will really enjoy following your adventures. Stay safe.

Thanks Chemmo   

Always good to hear from you.    Did you notice CC must have implemented badges.   You and I both have a Live Post little ship icon on our icons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

I’ll be following as well. Very envious of your three itineraries, you’ll be covering lots of geography and I hope good weather follows you both! 

On a side note, I’d like to thank you for recommending the Bose sleepbuds on a previous  post….I ended up getting a pair and I’m finally sleeping solidly again. Well  worth the expense! 

Enjoy your travels!

Cathy

Those Bose sleepbuds are wonderful for any of us light sleepers with snoring partners.  

I will definitely have mine packed for the trip.   I still have a hard time describing them as they aren't noise cancellation but a type of noise masking.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Did you notice CC must have implemented badges.   You and I both have a Live Post little ship icon on our icons.

How does CC know? Just based on the title of your thread?

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Those Bose sleepbuds are wonderful for any of us light sleepers with snoring partners.  

I will definitely have mine packed for the trip.   I still have a hard time describing them as they aren't noise cancellation but a type of noise masking.

So much more comfortable and easier to use than my old technique of trying to jam those foam earplugs in. I enjoy the Swell masking sounds….imagine I’m on a ship and listening to the waves crash….so peaceful lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Always good to hear from you.    Did you notice CC must have implemented badges.   You and I both have a Live Post little ship icon on our icons.

I’m reading this thread on my iPhone. The avatar for every person who has posted on it has that little ship icon on it. Not sure what’s up with that. 

Have a great trip x 3  

Envious of a B3B.  Eight more years until retirement and we can take some B2Bs!

I laughed that one of my thoughts was, "B3B, in suites... wonder how many CC points that will be."  Not that you need them, I know 🙂 

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks Chemmo   

Yes, I spotted it this morning and traced it back to the live review I did in September when we did a staycation cruise on Silhouette in the PH. I try to do a live review most cruises as ‘payback’ as I enjoy reading the posts of others so much! I feel a very humble member of a badge club now, my reviews are certainly not as exciting or visual as yours!

You really have a wonderful itinerary. Have you visited Norway before? We cruised there a similar time of year to you and had fantastic weather. Cold if you were out of the sun but stunning beauty. Despite my foot being in an orthopaedic boot at the time we had a fantastic cruise.

• Like 2

I will be following Jim.
Can’t wait for our Mediterranean cruise on Silhouette at the end of July.

I am apprehensive though, as we are visiting both Spain and Italy and going by the TA protocols published last week, there’s a lot of testing required. I really wonder if one of the countries will be dropped, or will Celebrity charge for the onboard testing before the ports.

Or will our 2nd booster which we will be having on 6th April be sufficient? We are eligible for that due to our age, but I’m sure many passengers won’t be and will have had their booster too long ago(270 days for Italy).

We were  at the beach today in Mt Manganui, NZ looking out to sea and dreaming of cruising. Look forward to following your adventures. Safe travels to both of you.

• Like 3

Been looking forward to this ...and even more so to joining you on legs 2 and 3 once you reach the UK. Hope all falls into place for you shortly re Bermuda. We are still waiting for the testing protocols this end, but suspect it will be a test one day before as that is what Spain requires

18 minutes ago, kasijab said:

Been looking forward to this ...and even more so to joining you on legs 2 and 3 once you reach the UK. Hope all falls into place for you shortly re Bermuda. We are still waiting for the testing protocols this end, but suspect it will be a test one day before as that is what Spain requires

Sincere best wishes for two wonderful cruises!

• Thanks 1