Celebrity bottled water?

Redtravel

What Is "acceptable"? Is that the same as "good", or "worth it"? All a matter of personal preference. Try it when you board. If you don't like it, any bartender at any bar can upgrade you to premium. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Is the canned Celebrity water acceptable?  Or should I upgrade to premium which includes Evian?  Not a big alcohol drinker. I do love good water.

We found the canned water fine, better if cold. Only snag I had was opening it, I found the top on some of the cans hard to twist off. Agree with the advice to try first and see how you get on.

If you are not a big alcohol drinker upgrading to premium may work out more expensive than simply paying  the additional cost of Evian over the canned water, I wouldn’t have thought the difference would be that much. Perhaps someone can confirm the price difference…

10 minutes ago, chemmo said:

We found the canned water fine, better if cold. Only snag I had was opening it, I found the top on some of the cans hard to twist off. Agree with the advice to try first and see how you get on.

If you are not a big alcohol drinker upgrading to premium may work out more expensive than simply paying  the additional cost of Evian over the canned water, I wouldn’t have thought the difference would be that much. Perhaps someone can confirm the price difference…

With the Classic Package you can't pay the difference for Evian water unfortunately. It is a Premium Package only item. You would have to pay full price. Same as the Aqua smoothies, full price or none with the classic package.

• Like 1

I am partial to evian since it's the only water I drink.  😉  That being said, you can wait and taste the canned water and see how it is to you or just upgrade ahead of time (also a possible Captain’s Club Discount pre-cruise).

Some other options:

If you don't need a package for alcoholic beverages but prefer a water they consider Premium,  you can go with the Premium Non-alcoholic Package (includes Premium Water) or the Premium Water Package.  Now, I don't know how those packages work if you already have the Classic Beverage Package included.  Can you pay the difference like you can when upgrading from Classic to Premium?   

The package descriptions are on the Celebrity website. 

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl

I was in the water filtration business for over 20 years, and I am very picky about what I drink. The canned water on the Equinox last year was just horrible with a foul metalic taste. Fortunately, we had the Premium drinks package and our butler kept our cabin stocked with glass bottles of Evian water. Whoever came up with the idea of having canned water on a cruise ship?

Wow... maybe I'm weird but I find the Tap Water on most of the ships to be as good or better than the Canned "Spring Water".     Unless they bring on water (which happens on occasion) the ships produce  their own water that is probably as pure as distilled water.    It may lack the mineral favors of fresh spring water but even with a package I usually have a piter of Ice Water delivered daily.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, terrydtx said:

...Whoever came up with the idea of having canned water on a cruise ship?

Someone who was concerned about plastic waste? Aluminum is recyclable but does not cause the same harm to the ocean and other parts of our environment as plastic does if it does get discarded. Glass is heavier, therefore costs more to ship etc. 

With respect to the water onboard, the canned water I ok for me, but I prefer to refill my own aluminum bottle from the tap or the water jug ion Oceanview.

Stan

• Like 1

Celebrity finally broke their silence on Bermuda today. -

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Silhouette® for your upcoming sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

This information is designed to help get you onboard as quickly and smoothly as possible, so that you can start enjoying your vacation.
BEFORE YOU SAIL
For Itineraries that have a port of call in Spain, Italy, the Netherlands and Bermuda, the following needs to be completed before arrival to the country:
• Spain: All guests ages 12 and up must complete a health form and receive a QR code to travel. Health Form can be found here.
• Italy: All guests ages 6 years and older must complete a health form that can be found here.
• The Netherlands: Guests ages 12 and up must complete a health form that can be found here.
• Bermuda Travel Authorization: All guests must complete an online Travel Authorization form, upload their negative test results, and pay an associated fee directly through Bermuda’s dedicated website located here. A receipt of this form, digital or paper copy will need to be presented at check-in in order to board the ship. This form is available beginning 30 days prior to sailing and all guests must present their approved authorization form in order to board their sailing.
VACCINATION POLICY
In order to sail on a Transatlantic crossing with us, all guests must be fully vaccinated with all doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing with WHO- or EMA-approved vaccines.

Please plan to present documentation of full vaccination at the terminal as a condition for boarding.

Guests are not required to be boosted. However being boosted or within 270 days of receiving the final vaccine dose significantly eliminates ongoing testing requirements throughout the cruise. Please see the Mid-Cruise Testing section.

Guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses, will also be considered fully vaccinated:
Pfizer   Johnson & Johnson   Sinovac
Moderna   AstraZeneca   Sinopharm
Covaxin        
Any guest who has received one dose of a vaccine (other than Johnson & Johnson) will not be considered fully vaccinated.

Please be aware that Bermuda does not recognize Novovax and Covaxin vaccines. Guests vaccinated with either brand will not be able to enter Bermuda.
PRE-ARRIVAL COVID-19 TEST
Our boarding requirements include that, in addition to documentation of full vaccination, all guests must present at embarkation a negative COVID-19 test result. This test can be either an Antigen or PCR test, conducted within two days* of boarding the ship. Pre-arrival testing must be completed by an authorized provider at your own expense.
* For itineraries that have a port of call in Spain OR that end in Spain, the pre-arrival test must be taken within one day of sailing, regardless of homeport.
Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR test result taken between 11-90 days prior to the sail date in order to board. In addition, you must still present a vaccination card. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record.
  • Like 2