Is it mandatory to get a booter shot or just 2 shots is needed?

Ashley321

We have only had the 2 shots last summer  but never did get a booster.

We would like to go on a cruise in December of this year. 

Is it mandatory to get a booster (especially it will be 1 1/2 years later since our 2 shots by the time we go on that cruise  ) or is it just recommended?

If it is mandatory to get a booster, how many months before the cruise is the longest time from the cruise date is acceptable to cruise?

Hello

Each cruise line would have their own rules regarding their Covid-19 rules and requirements. All of them would have them prominently listed on their websites. That would be the easiest way to be sure that you are getting current information. Don't forget that these requirements are continually being updated. So, don't be surprised that what is a rule today will likely change by Dec.

hope this helps

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashley321 said:

We have only had the 2 shots last summer  but never did get a booster.

We would like to go on a cruise in December of this year. 

Is it mandatory to get a booster (especially it will be 1 1/2 years later since our 2 shots by the time we go on that cruise  ) or is it just recommended?

If it is mandatory to get a booster, how many months before the cruise is the longest time from the cruise date is acceptable to cruise?

Boosters may not be required. But, to get into some countries (particularly some within the EU), your most recent shot must be no older than 270 days past. 
Don’t rely solely on CC posts for info. If you’re flying, some airlines (like United) have a Travel Ready Center that will tell you what you need where. Even then, I’d still check (and recheck) with the nearest consulate/embassy of each country whose border you will enter (no matter how you get there.

• Like 4

Azamara requires a booster:

"As of March 1, 2022, all guests must be fully vaccinated and boosted. Azamara will require vaccine eligible guests to be fully vaccinated with all initial doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. We also require that fully vaccinated guests get a booster dose when they become eligible to do."

The only answer to the OP's question is to be found on the website of the relevant cruise line. Even then, protocols can change on short notice.

• Like 1

It depends on the cruise line.  We just got off a Princess cruise and my sister is vaccinated but has not had the booster and it was fine.  Perhaps some countries/ports might require boosters, so more research might be needed.

52 minutes ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

It depends on the cruise line.  We just got off a Princess cruise and my sister is vaccinated but has not had the booster and it was fine.  Perhaps some countries/ports might require boosters, so more research might be needed.

There is also the question of is one eligible for a booster and there is a minimum time required (I am not sure but I think it is 6 months) after the single J&J shot or the two dose Moderna and Pfizer shots before one is eligible. You did not mention whether your sister was or was not eligible for a booster shot.

13 hours ago, ontheweb said:

There is also the question of is one eligible for a booster and there is a minimum time required (I am not sure but I think it is 6 months) after the single J&J shot or the two dose Moderna and Pfizer shots before one is eligible. You did not mention whether your sister was or was not eligible for a booster shot.

Very true.  She was eligible, just didn't get it due to procrastination.