Freedom Windjammer Cafe are there trays?

Nope, no trays in WJ.  I took the small tray the coffee set up sits on from our room.  Additionally, if you order even a free continental breakfast from room service, you could hang onto the tray it’s delivered on.

• Like 3

My husband and I always bring our own trays. They lay flat and take very little room in the suitcase. But we have found that unless you hide your trays in the closet the room steward takes them, so we write our names in very big letters on the front and back and put a sticker with our room number for each cruise.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 11:55 AM, ONECRUISER said:

That's the one thing I miss in WJ is the Trays that all the Ships use to have. Made it easier getting food for 3 little ones and now with almost always carrying my Lunch back to my Cabin.

I don't ever remember seeing them onboard.  Sweet!  

5 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I decided to buy a small 10x14 tray from Amazon for less than $5. Fits dinner plate and silverware which is enough for me.

update: I actually can fit a glass on there too.

tray.jpg.ae0d5b6fba510d18c8ce2fdcd62ef1fd.jpg

I put food on one plate and invert a plate on top to protect food, I can also stack plates this way too.  If I am bringing back coffees, I put the cups on a plate, cover with another plate and put food plate on top of that.  You can also ask a waiter for a cover but I am only getting stuff for two of us, so my stacking works fine.

• Like 2

On the little silver coffee tray from our room I was able to fit 2 cups of coffee, 3 ojs, a couple of glasses with cut up fruit, topped with a plate with 2 bagels, cream cheese and a big ole side of bacon.  Made it all the way from deck 16 to deck 10 without spilling anything!  Supermom!!

11 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

You two are much better balancers than I am! I don't think I should attempt more than 1 level. Stacking would probably be a disaster.

If you have a good base, you can do it!  I always get more than two cups of coffee to make it more stable.  I have gotten juice and put it in coffee cups so that all is level.  Anything I don't want squished, goes on top and I will put a napkin across it, instead of a plate, as people get very nosy at what you have when you are on the elevator.  I will take the stairs if I have a shorter stack and not lots of decks.

• Like 3

We just order room service the first night for a late night snack and hold onto the tray for the week.  We leave a post-in on the tray for our steward or speak to them the next day explaining that we want to keep it for the week.  We've never had any issues with doing it that way and we have our trays to bring down to get our food when needed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Our solution was to use the plate warmer/cover.  You get one when you do carryout or room service.

Load one plate of hot items, use cover, stack another plate for cold items, cover with napkin.  Was stable so really felt like carrying silverware and one plate sorta like a normal trip to the buffet.  Enough food for two.

Not good if you need beverages in glasses, ok for coffee.  Trays are nice too.