Explain (2D) Balcony GTY on Radiance Class

Can someone tell me what Regular Balcony Categories are above and below Category 2D........Please list out all. Do not list any Suite Balconies because pretty much know wouldn't be assigned any of them.

But are the categories always listed the same way or does the order change up sometimes because of the way Royal prices out each on different sailings?

When I picked up the GTY it listed this was a 2D Gty

Edited by Jimbo

38 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

But are the categories always listed the same way or does the order change up sometimes because of the way Royal prices out each on different sailings?

When I picked up the GTY it listed this was a 2D Gty

While rarer than the generic XB GTY, RCI does offer category specific GTYs.

The order is the same (1D is always higher than a 2D) - the pricing may not be. 

• Like 1

Radiance balcony categories pricing may not necessarily match the order, but they are (low to high):

5D, 4D, 3D, 2D, 1D, 4B, 3B, 2B, 1B    There is also CB (connecting balcony), and S4 & SB - spa balconies (which are highest).

If your GTY is listed as a category specific GTY than I would guess that would be the likely assigned category - and the base category should assignments be higher.

And you would not be assigned a suite from a balcony GTY.  Suites have their own GTY's, typically starting at the lowest JS.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Right now I have a 2B already booked , it's $382 more then the 2D GTY I have on HOLD

Wonder if I'm losing a lot by down grading to the 2D GTY  Current 2B is about 15 cabins behind the Centrum on deck 9. Plus I would be losing $50 of my OBC going with the GTY.......so in reality switching to the GTY would save me $332

What to do?

2 minutes ago, Extra Kim said:

Keep in mind that the starboard side of the Radiance class are noisy close to the centrum, due to the open elevator shafts.

We are on the port side, not sure what open elevator shafts are?

There is a size difference - B's @ 204 sq. ft v D's @ 179 sq.ft. - balcony sizes are the same.  And RCCL would pick the location, which may be on a different deck, etc.  

Can't tell you what to do, but that is what you are looking at in staterooms for the $.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Extra Kim said:

Keep in mind that the starboard side of the Radiance class are noisy close to the centrum, due to the open elevator shafts.

Only a possibility if you are on a hump location. Even those staterooms have a hallway wall between them and the centrum, and the noise factor reduces with higher decks.

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We are on the port side, not sure what open elevator shafts are?

The elevator banks are on the port side in the centrum, which is open from deck 4 through 13.   The noise emanates upwards in the centrum from the lobby bar on deck 4.   The starboard hump staterooms on deck 7 - 10 can be affected if there is a band playing there.  Although we have been on deck 9 hump and couldn't hear anything in our stateroom - just out in the centrum.

13 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Only a possibility if you are on a hump location. Even those staterooms have a hallway wall between them and the centrum, and the noise factor reduces with higher decks.

I meant the port side, we had noise issue on Jewel in 7066. We sailed on Radiance on the starboard side and had no issues, but that cabin are in the aft of the ship (7666).

28 minutes ago, Extra Kim said:

I meant the port side, we had noise issue on Jewel in 7066. We sailed on Radiance on the starboard side and had no issues, but that cabin are in the aft of the ship (7666).

Don't think either of those cabins had noise from the centrum, I think in Cabin #7066 you might have had noise from the rest room below your cabin on deck 6 there in that cabin.

25 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I wasn't sure as they are still showing those categories listed on at least one sailing.  Also look like they are moving to H & G category designations v B & D.

They just haven't deleted the spa codes from cruising power, none of them have any inventory and they all show as closed.

The H&G codes were used at one point, not sure if they still are for North and Southbound Alaska cruises based on direction so they could charge a premium. They are not replacing the B and D.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

They just havent deleted the spa codes from cruising power, none of them have any invemntory and they all show as closed.

The H&G codes were used at one point, not sure if they still are for North and Southbound Alaska cruises based on direction so they could charge a premium. They are not replacing the B and D.

Yeah I saw the spas as listed but CLS. I only included them as in checking they were showing. The H & G codes were showing on several random Radiance specific itineraries - not sure I was looking at AK cruises in particular. (OP didn't specify).  

BTW my "retirement activity" has been on intentional hiatus recently so I may not be as up to date as you on certain details - which is why I often defer to you. 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Yeah I saw the spas as listed but CLS. I only included them as in checking they were showing. The H & G codes were showing on several random Radiance specific itineraries - not sure I was looking at AK cruises in particular. (OP didn't specify).  

BTW my "retirement activity" has been on intentional hiatus recently so I may not be as up to date as you on certain details - which is why I often defer to you. 😉

I think once they list the codes for a ship they appear for all sailings for the ship whether or not they are offered.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I think once they list the codes for a ship they appear for all sailings for the ship whether or not they are offered.

Makes sense.  And I hope all is well with you and that you have successfully survived the past two years!  With me - while taken seriously - it was always as extra activity and to support our own travel - not a primary thing.   I wish you the best moving forward.

1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Makes sense.  And I hope all is well with you and that you have successfully survived the past two years!  With me - while taken seriously - it was always as extra activity and to support our own travel - not a primary thing.   I wish you the best moving forward.

Thanks.  Been doing very well.  My 10 year plan getting into this has been shortened substantially

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks.  Been doing very well.  My 10 year plan getting into this has been shortened substantially

A few of those World Bookings should put you back on track. Will more then make up for the missed 2 years for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Don't think either of those cabins had noise from the centrum, I think in Cabin #7066 you might have had noise from the rest room below your cabin on deck 6 there in that cabin.

Well we DID have noise issues from the music from the centrum.