Verifly emails.... is this for real?

This evening I received 7 emails within 10 minutes from...

Carnival Cruise Line <funships@carnivalcruiselineemail.com>

about VeriFLY.

Just checking if this is legit? As it looks like spam to me.

Thanks for any help

B&B

Edited by breadandbutter
typo

I didn’t respond on that link above, but ya, verifly does make it easier. Out of Pt Canaveral they made sure we had it open when we went inside the building as there was no cell service inside the building. We just had to show the app.

As for it being 7 emails, ya, what the heck Carnival? Both hubby and I got that many. Must be a hitch in their get a long. 

• Like 2

We used VeriFLY out of Miami on the Freedom. 
They did not ask for but I let them know. They were pleased. Called someone over, checked a few boxes and off we went. Did not have to provide any of our hard copy documentation at the initial check in station.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, breadandbutter said:

This evening I received 7 emails within 10 minutes from...

Carnival Cruise Line <funships@carnivalcruiselineemail.com>

about VeriFLY.

Just checking if this is legit? As it looks like spam to me.

Thanks for any help

B&B

Gotcha beat we received 21 emails all one minute apart. I guess they are trying to make a point

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, dbrucern said:

Gotcha beat we received 21 emails all one minute apart. I guess they are trying to make a point

Now I started getting the Verifly emails, and I ended up with 30! I'd say they have a serious glitch in their system!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, kctwinmommy said:

Now I started getting the Verifly emails, and I ended up with 30! I'd say they have a serious glitch in their system!!

Received another 9 yesterday so we are now tied, since I have now completed everything in Verifly and have our passes I pray no more emails

23 hours ago, satxdiver said:

We received 16 emails Monday all within a few minutes of each other.  Looks like they really messed up.  Sent them all to the trash bin.  

Yeah I guess John Heald had a FB post about it.

We're not even doing the Verifly. I just didn't have the time and read about such mixed reviews with it. I've had too much other stuff going on that stressed me out. So no biggie. We'll bring our paper stuff, it doesn't bother me any.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ilovesailaway said:

Wait Carnival is having a tech issue and sending out erroneous emails?

Maybe someone should call them and let them know......lmao

They are aware of the problems. John Heald has acknowledged them several times on his page. What I am having difficulty with is their inability to resolve them. They seem to careen from one web related problem to another on a far to frequent basis.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joe817 said:

I think it's still in beta testing. I'm not going to use it until they smooth it out, and everyone at Carnival knows how to use it properly. 

I'm with you! I'm fine bringing my documents on paper.

• Like 1

Went on a cruise 2 weeks ago and I have to say it was incredibly easy to use verifly. it really streamlined my embarkation. 

Even let me upload multiple cruises I am booked on

Edited by KyloRen

• 2 weeks later...

Leaving Saturday on a cruise, got email from Carnival today "strongly encouraging" me to use VeriFLY, so I got the app and actually read all the fine print before signing up. Nope, not doing it, makes it quite clear they will share/sell your info to all kinds of companies. There is enough of that as is.

Using my paper copies of everything has not been an issue, get checked in very quickly in Galveston, so will continue to do this.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, kafraser78 said:

I tried uploading my Vaccine Certificate with the QR code and the App wont take it. 🤷‍♀️ 

I really wanted to use the App, but paper copies seem so much easier.  

If you select to input manually, it only takes about 10 minutes to receive confirmation that you're good to go. I don't know of anybody who has successfully used the QR code.

Has anyone calculated how much time it takes them to enter all the info into the VeriFly app? On our last cruise I started to try to use it but after 15 minutes of trying to take my picture (move camera closer, move camera away... endless cycle) I said the heck with it. It took less than thirty seconds for each of us for them to look at our paper test result and vaccine cards (out and in hand as we approached the counter). It took a bit longer for them to fool around with the passports.

I don't see any time savings for us and only minor time savings for them.

1 hour ago, icft said:

I don't see any time savings for us and only minor time savings for them.

Well, it's not about you and it is about them.

If at the end of the day, they can knock off 1 hour of processing time among 2500 passengers and get everyone aboard the ship smoother and faster, that saves them time and money which may or may not reduce the amount of increase in the cost to cruise.

Think big picture.

The only thing constant in life is change.

Edited by klfrodo

33 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Well, it's not about you and it is about them.

If at the end of the day, they can knock off 1 hour of processing time among 2500 passengers and get everyone aboard the ship smoother and faster, that saves them time and money which may or may not reduce the amount of increase in the cost to cruise.

Think big picture.

The only thing constant in life is change.

Making my life less enjoyable in order to increase Carnival's profits is not in my big picture.