Life from Millenium may 3rd

MarkusToe

I'll Start a bit early and hope not to have the pain from last MSC cruise. 

Booked at my US TA this time, got a nice deal and got aqua this time. 

We will start our trip on April 26

Fly to Los Angeles, road Trip to Vegas, Grand Canyon,down to San Diego..... 

Party of 6, i've rent a 12 seater.... We'll See how this will work.... parking will be an issue, l assume. 

The first problem rised, don't know if this is a prob or not. 

Checked in using the App, App said, Checking vacc Status. 

Login at X at PC, all fine, clear.....and now? 

Are we fine to go or not? 

Edited by MarkusToe

• MarkusToe changed the title to Life from Millenium may 3rd

Hope you have an excellent trip.  Be prepared for it to possibly be very warm (hot) in LasVegas already at the end of May.  And if you are interested in our desert SW parks there is a nice National Park just outside LV called Red Rock Canyon that is a beautiful drive and visit (though not quite Grand Canyon).

Next step will be adding your negative Covid test (if still required) 1-2 days prior to boarding.  Once we did that we were good to go.

Just off the Millennium and loved it.  Ship is in great shape and the Revolution certainly spruced up the cabins.  As usual staff were fantastic. 

• Thanks 1

We are deck 11 Aqua, ive seen there is a big movie screen on deck 12, adverticed having sourround System... 

Do we have to expect noise from there? 

Some people said, there is an overhang, shure? I thought  deck 11 has sun all the time... 

• 2 weeks later...

Preparing for flight. Suitcases packed. 

+1 2big onces. Ive a big and a carry on.

Charging all Devices and powerbank.

Tomorrow pre covid test to Check.

Monday real test for flight and document  upload.

Tuesday early morning flight to LAX to start our roadtrip to Las, via National parks to San Diego.

Ive bought upfront from Amazon  a prepaid US simcard (t-mobile) unlimited data, hopefully this will work...

• Like 1

Just remember, we drive on the wrong side of the road 😉. Safe trip & enjoy the parks (make sure you make a reservation for the parks or you might get disappointed)

We are on deck 11 and dining in Blu. I have stayed on deck 11 before and noise from outdoor movies was a problem. I got the last cabin in Aqua class so I didn’t have a choice of cabins. 
there is very little overhang if you are on the side of the ship. The aft facing cabins have more overhang. See you on May 3rd, cheers 

Heather

The Millennium is a great ship we have been on deck 11 with 2 different cabins 1108 was great cabin heard no noise from movie but cabin 1131 was clear as a bell movie sound this was in Nov & Feb.  deck 9 has a huge overhand so no sun at all.  Blu was fabulous as was the whole ship

Edited by If only

LH state: be at the airport at 4h upfront your flight.

****, at the airport 700, LH lounge entrance 745....

Boarding 945.....

A lot of waste time.

Lounge quite full, champagne tasteful....

Edited by MarkusToe

2 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

LH state: be at the airport at 4h upfront your flight.

****, at the airport 700, LH lounge entrance 745....

Boarding 945.....

A lot of waste time.

Lounge quite full, champagne tasteful....

Sincere best wishes for your road trip and following cruise! 

Which parks are you intending to visit? Over the years we have enjoyed several road trips in the US.

When we were last in Vegas we booked Le Cirque in Bellagio for a meal with wine pairings. Not cheap but a wonderful meal and a great way to watch the fountains! We also loved the Grand Canyon helicopter trip, wonderful memories.

Re parking in Vegas, we loved the valet parking…Just hand over your keys and let someone else worry about your vehicle size! I don’t know if this is available at all hotels but we have used it in a few.

We are at trasure island  now.

As there is free parking on Level 2....its fine. 

What we see is a dremendous price increase since the last trip( 3y ago)

Tomorrow lazy Day at Vegas, may be a bit shopping. 

5 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

We are at trasure island  now.

As there is free parking on Level 2....its fine. 

What we see is a dremendous price increase since the last trip( 3y ago)

Tomorrow lazy Day at Vegas, may be a bit shopping. 

Tonight is the NFL Draft in Vegas, it’s going to be crazy busy there today/tonight. 

Just saw on the news that they built a huge stage for the draft over top of the Bellagio Fountain lake. 

We're also on the May 3rd sailing.  Flying to San Diego Monday morning so we can spend some time on the USS Midway.  Also spending an extra day in Vancouver as it was cheaper to stay an extra night and fly the next day than fly home on a Friday.  Works for me!

Ive to say we are on the Bad Bad Bad luck side.

First ive vergotten my jacket at trasure.  Lot of hustle, befassen if weekend, to get the shipment to DE done.

Next I got a lumbago, cant move properly anymore. 

One of our party was at Hospital at Vegas because of a kidney stone...

And finally 4 of our party catched covid..... 

Im fed up.....

I am so sorry to hear all that bad news😟. I presume you will not be able to embark on the cruise now. Hoping you have all the necessary Travel Insurance that will kick in and take care of you all. Sending you best wishes for speedy recovery and safe travel home.

if still in Vegas go across the street to the area where the Big Wheel is.   There are a lot of restaurants there.   One of our favorites is the Yard House.    They have a great happy hour.    The appetizers at 1/2 off are usually a dinner for us.   The Poke Nachos, Chicken wraps and sliders are great for the price.  They will also give free samples of the beer you are interested in.   They have a large selection of craft beers sold by the pint or yard.   You can go there and not break the bank as all food in Vegas is very expensive but this place is still reasonable.  The food is better than typical bar fair.  

https://www.yardhouse.com/happy-hour/nv/las-vegas-restaurant/8319

Another nice restaurant that is across the street from the Bellagio fountain is Mon Ami Gabi.   It has outside and inside.   Most prefer the outside patio as it gives a view of the fountain and strip.   Good food and location.   The price is reasonable for Vegas and the atmosphere.

https://www.monamigabi.com/

if you want to drive a few miles the Omlete House is very good and also cheap.   There is one Downtown Vegas that is rather old and cramped.   The other one is newer and more modern.   The omelettes  are large enough for 2 people. The banana bread and pumpkin bread are more like a cake or muffin  instead of bread.    We usually take it with us for a little desert snack later.   

https://omelethouselv.com/omelet-house-menu/

Wishing the best for your group, hopefully your bad luck streak will end fast.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Some time is over.... very disappointed by X.

Communication do not exist. We got our prepaid excursions back and about 600 US as FCC.

No info, no cancelation invoice, nothing.

If we'll get final cancelation from X, I'll get my money from the insurance, but now...

Sorry to say but after close to 3Y of COVID cancelations, that's unprofessional 

Firstly so sorry your vacation plans ended so badly. I am sure lots of people will come on to relate their cancellation experiences. Hopefully they may be able to offer some advice.