Reflection lounge similar to Summit's Rendezvous?

teetoppz28

We are sailing on the Reflection for the first time this month. We are veteran Summit cruisers. We spend every evening in the Rendezvous lounge on our cruises, as it tends to be more low-key, darker, relaxing, and with good band music.

Which lounge on the Reflection would be most similar? We've checked the list, so we're thinking Passport or Ensemble might fit the bill?

Thank you for your help!

The Sky Lounge white not dark has a band and small dance floor.  The Ensemble is dark, doesn’t have bands, more duo’s or solo artist & no dance floor.

The Passport bar is a bit darker, has small dance floor and band occasionally.

it is in a atrium area so can be busy and noisy from the Martini Bar just above. 
Give them all a try!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The Sky Lounge white not dark has a band and small dance floor.  The Ensemble is dark, doesn’t have bands, more duo’s or solo artist & no dance floor.

The Passport bar is a bit darker, has small dance floor and band occasionally.

it is in a atrium area so can be busy and noisy from the Martini Bar just above. 
Give them all a try!

Wow! Thank you for the descriptions! We do plan on hitting them all during the cruise, but we have a deep love for the Rendezvous style lounges. We embark this Saturday and we can't wait to try a new ship!

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

We have seen people dancing in the Ensemble Lounge but there is no 'dedicated' dance floor .. there is room just in front of where the entertainers are set up. 

We're definitely not dancers. We're more of the sit back and enjoy a glass (or 3) of cognac and talk about our adventures of the day. 🙂 

Thank you!

4 hours ago, rM3panno said:

You would likely be looking for the Ensemble lounge on deck 5

2nd that.   

Cellar  Masters is a dark secluded lounge but usually no band.   You may be able to hear the entertainment from the atrium

World Class Bar is a little brighter and usually quite unless there is a group that are  sitting at the long table. 

Passport Bar usually has a a band, playing a game or other activity.   Same  for the Sky Lounge.  It can get very noisy there but if you look at the  deck plan you can avoid some of it by sitting near the entrance 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

While the Ensemble is in concept similar to Rendezvous, unfortunately it is very small exacerbated by huge immobile furniture and poor sight lines.

We like both M and S class but unfortunately except for the underutilized Sky Lounge

S class forces a lot of entertainment into the atriums that have little to no seating, stand and watch only.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foodsvcmgr said:

While the Ensemble is in concept similar to Rendezvous, unfortunately it is very small exacerbated by huge immobile furniture and poor sight lines.

We like both M and S class but unfortunately except for the underutilized Sky Lounge

S class forces a lot of entertainment into the atriums that have little to no seating, stand and watch only.

You are so right.  We were on Constellation last month and it had been almost 20 years since we were on an M Class ship.  We loved the Rendezvous for before/after dinner,  nice to have comfortable place to sit and not have to stand and lean over railing on the atrium.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foodsvcmgr said:

We appreciate the heads up! I guess we’ll have to make our rounds the first night to find our space to relax at night!

46 minutes ago, blueboro said:

You are so right.  We were on Constellation last month and it had been almost 20 years since we were on an M Class ship.  We loved the Rendezvous for before/after dinner,  nice to have comfortable place to sit and not have to stand and lean over railing on the atrium.

The Rendezvous lounge is our favorite… I’m hoping to not be too disappointed this cruise. I’m sure we’ll find our spot! 

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it wasn't just me LOL....I really enjoyed the Rendezvous lounge on both Constellation and Summit - and really missed it on Silhouette.  I didn't find anything really comparable. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, green snakes said:

Is the Sky Lounge a good place to watch sail aways & see the ocean in the day light?  Something like the Crown & Viking bar & lounge on RCCL?

Yes, (shhh!) the Sky Lounge is a great place to watch sail away.  And to watch the ocean in daylight in air-conditioned comfort.  The bar there is generally not open until later in the day but you can get a drink at The Mast Bar a few feet away.  The Sky Lounge bar will definitely be open for sail away.

Follow-up on my question...

Just disembarked from the Reflection this past Monday. The wife and I enjoyed the Ensemble lounge a lot. Though it wasn't as good as Rendezvous, it was a great place to relax, have a few drinks, and listen to music. The only downside is the bar is in the middle of the room, so a lot of the seating is blocked from seeing the stage. We found seats right next to Murano's door, where we had a side view of the musicians. Bartenders were both amazing and kept our wine glasses full all night.

Side note: Nikia, the single musician this trip, was AMAZING!! She is so very talented and knew almost every song request we threw at her. 🙂 Dos Duo, the duet, was also very good.

Thanks to all for your responses! We look forward to our next sailing on the Reflection.

• Like 1