On the Escape 4/16. Will we cruise?

I hope so for your sake. 🤞

It seems like NCL doesn’t make that call until a week or less before the sailing.

If I were in your shoes I would have a “just in case” cruise picked out now so if your cruise is cancelled you will have something to switch to. 

Saw this picture posted on the “Escape damaged passengers flown home” thread. It looks like a pretty significant hole.

04/09 sailing was cancelled. You may want to read that thread @Ocala Cruisers(if you haven’t already) some new second hand info on the last page. Take it for what it’s worth I guess  C75E8E0F-90AB-49CE-82A7-F1E043A4F10A.thumb.jpeg.7d740b4f8cfdae3d6dd7676b5cfbb4f1.jpeg

40 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Saw this picture posted on the “Escape damaged passengers flown home” thread. It looks like a pretty significant hole.

04/09 sailing was cancelled. You may want to read that thread @Ocala Cruisers(if you haven’t already) some new second hand info on the last page. Take it for what it’s worth I guess  C75E8E0F-90AB-49CE-82A7-F1E043A4F10A.thumb.jpeg.7d740b4f8cfdae3d6dd7676b5cfbb4f1.jpeg

Thats the hull damage??? The Escape ran aground, that looks like she hit a dock

That is not a picture of the Escape, and is not a picture of the damage.  The person who posted that photo was using it as an example of what damage can be repaired. 

Edit: After doing a quick reverse image search, that photo is of the Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas from when it hit the dock in Costa Maya, in 2005.

Edited by kaprin02
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, kaprin02 said:

That is not a picture of the Escape, and is not a picture of the damage.  The person who posted that photo was using it as an example of what damage can be repaired. 

Edit: After doing a quick reverse image search, that photo is of the Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas from when it hit the dock in Costa Maya, in 2005.

Thank goodness! 
I wish the person that posted it on the Escape thread had mentioned that it wasn’t the Escape🤦🏻‍♀️

Take it for what it's worth but someone on the April 16th Facebook page just posted that she heard from a very reliable source that the cruise is definitely being cancelled.  She said it's directly from a crew member on the Escape and she already changed her booking to the Joy because of what she was told.

I'm on this cruise as well and will hold out hope until something official comes.

On 4/6/2022 at 9:37 PM, Encore37 said:

Take it for what it's worth but someone on the April 16th Facebook page just posted that she heard from a very reliable source that the cruise is definitely being cancelled.  She said it's directly from a crew member on the Escape and she already changed her booking to the Joy because of what she was told.

I'm on this cruise as well and will hold out hope until something official comes.

We heard the same thing. 

It's absolutely ridiculous that we're a week out from the 16th and still nothing from NCL!  They have to know by now if the cruise is a go or not.  If we're cancelled I have to pay a fortune to change my flights, I have two non-refundable hotels booked using air miles and transportation to and from Orlando airport.  With it being Easter week, the hotels are very expensive.  Even if I found out today, for me to switch to the Joy for "free" it would cost me the price I already paid for the cruise to switch everything.  So the cruise isn't "free" and I have to go through hours and hours of changing everything!

• Like 3

I would rather doubt if you hear anything more about The Escape until either Monday morning or Tuesday morning.  If they are waiting for parts to come from who knows where, given getting anything in a timely manner, it still might be a bit before Norwegian has anything new to report.

Even if they know this repair will last until mid summer they wouldn't change their process of not updating cruisers until the last second. I'm sure their motive is to ease the burden on the call center, but it's not easy on all of us who put so many hours in to planning. 

• Like 1