How are those of you getting approved for shareholder OBC applying?

Eli_6

Just now, maryann2 said:

Email.

Good luck.

We were denied on our last cruise bc they said we had a special rate. Not holding out much hope for this one to be approved bc it is a really good rate.

Sent in info to apply to Pride B2B2B beginning 10/11.  All three were booked under Hot Streak offers (slight discount on cabin, DOU, some OBC).  Sailings of 10 nights, 9 nights, and 13 nights.

Just got my email.  I was expected $100 OBC each but they approved the 2nd for $150 since the combined first two are over 14 days.

Technically, I'd like to argue that since the total is 32 nights, they should give me $250x2 but I'm not going to get greedy!

On 7/12/2022 at 12:33 PM, 1912 said:

The Alaska B2B2B on the Splendor that I booked over the weekend I submitted my request this morning and Voila! within 20 minutes all 3 cruises showed the shareholder benefit as having been applied, so does the booking summary page of each cruise. I think this was the quickest ever it was done from my 70 odd cruises.

Thanks for your post - can I ask how did you attach your shareholder statement ? was it a jpg file or a pdf file ?

3 hours ago, Janet&Carl said:

Thanks for your post - can I ask how did you attach your shareholder statement ? was it a jpg file or a pdf file ?

Sure, this one was a PDF file but I am certain that in the past I have sent files in the JPG format as well and they had no problem opening either format.

On 7/15/2022 at 3:06 PM, canes20 said:

Submitted July 6, still no response other than canned reply that came within 5 minutes.

I submitted mine on July 5 and got approval this morning.  This was my first time submitting.  I requested credit for 2 cruises - December 2022 booked under the Free Cheers RU1 rate and May 2023 booked under the 50% off sale for Carnival's 50th birthday.  Both were approved. 

39 minutes ago, sunshower9 said:

I submitted mine on July 5 and got approval this morning.  This was my first time submitting.  I requested credit for 2 cruises - December 2022 booked under the Free Cheers RU1 rate and May 2023 booked under the 50% off sale for Carnival's 50th birthday.  Both were approved. 

The rate I got for this cruise is nowhere near as good as what you got. We were denied last cruise and it was on a RU2 code. Still have not heard yes or no on request.

9 minutes ago, canes20 said:

The rate I got for this cruise is nowhere near as good as what you got. We were denied last cruise and it was on a RU2 code. Still have not heard yes or no on request.

We were just approved on an RU2 rate so hopefully you will have some luck.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 11:45 AM, canes20 said:

Got reply today, only took 6 weeks.

Response By Email (08/15/2022 08:28 AM)
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR SHAREHOLDER ON BOARD CREDIT

Thank you for providing us with the required documentation in order to process your shareholder on board credit.  Credit in the amount of $50.00 has been applied to your reservation as redeemable onboard credit that is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash value. Any unused portion of the onboard credit will be forfeited.

We value your business and hope that you will enjoy a fun and memorable cruise with us.

Best Regards,
  • Like 2

It was 3 weeks yesterday since I applied via mail for my onboard credit for having CCL stock, should I be concerned.  This will be my 12th Carnival cruise and I was denied in January so I really hope they don't find a way to deny it this time.  Is there a way to contact them to inquire?

37 minutes ago, Kellyann said:

It was 3 weeks yesterday since I applied via mail for my onboard credit for having CCL stock, should I be concerned.  This will be my 12th Carnival cruise and I was denied in January so I really hope they don't find a way to deny it this time.  Is there a way to contact them to inquire?

I think it took like 6 weeks for the last one. It was approved although we had been denied for previous ones

I haven't been denied yet (knock on wood) but for the first time, my PVP submitted my stockholder statement with all account numbers redacted.  It took at least 3-4 weeks but I did get approved.  Didn't receive my usual email from Carnival (maybe my PVP did) but I saw in my Booking & Order Details in my Cruise Manager that I had been credited.  This was for my Thanksgiving cruise coming up this year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, spirit-wedding? said:

This Saturday 😬

There have been stories of being approved really fast but 3 days might be pushing it. We did get one approved in 2 or 3 days but it does usually take longer. You never know, you could send it again with the info just for kicks and get it approved before you go. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, canes20 said:

There have been stories of being approved really fast but 3 days might be pushing it. We did get one approved in 2 or 3 days but it does usually take longer. You never know, you could send it again with the info just for kicks and get it approved before you go. 

Fingers crossed.  If not I only have myself to blame.  I might try again on Friday if I don't hear anything.

2 minutes ago, spirit-wedding? said:

Fingers crossed.  If not I only have myself to blame.  I might try again on Friday if I don't hear anything.

Sent info in for one cruise and had the correct booking number, attached statement and put the sail date in with correct month and day but wrong year. It was denied of course, because they could not just realize I made the mistake of putting the wrong year. That is the one we resubmitted as soon as we received the denial and it was approved in the next day or two. 

• Like 1

FYI, I submitted mine on 9/3 for a cruise on 10/1, received the confirmation email but didn't get a reply or show additional OBC up to this morning.  I called Carnival and connected to the extension for existing cruise bookings and got a rep to look into it.  I gave them the incident number from the auto reply confirmation email and they got it credited to me in about 10 minutes.

You should give them a call since it appears the rep can contact the right department and get that processed right away.

I have a question, hopefully you all can help.  We are new to the shareholder business, but my husband has purchased the Carnival shares.  My question, do the names on the cruise and on the shareholder proof have to match?  I am taking my daughters on a quick get away next June to kick off my 60th birthday month!  He isn't going on this trip.  Would they approve the OBC for my cabin, or must it be to his name?  Just curious at this stage of the game.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, mlmalone3 said:

I have a question, hopefully you all can help.  We are new to the shareholder business, but my husband has purchased the Carnival shares.  My question, do the names on the cruise and on the shareholder proof have to match?  I am taking my daughters on a quick get away next June to kick off my 60th birthday month!  He isn't going on this trip.  Would they approve the OBC for my cabin, or must it be to his name?  Just curious at this stage of the game.  Thanks!

Not 100% positive, but I do not think they would approve in the scenario you described.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mlmalone3 said:

He would have to be going. Our stock is in my wife's name and I usually book under my name, but she is the other passenger.

• Like 2