Backing in to check in?

nlktx49

We checked in last night for our cruise in two weeks on Mardi Gras.  Didn't have any issues.  As the others have said, you can only check in 16 days prior (diamond / platinum) and 14 days prior for others.  I'm not sure there is a way to "back in" outside of those time frames.

The website is down. I haven't been able to get in all morning. I had my TA book a room on an Australian 2024 sailing for me and my husband and she wanted to know which room to book for my kids and I can't even tell her because I can't get on to the website to look.  Tried 4 or 5 times throughout the entire morning.  

9 minutes ago, FiredogCruiser said:

Is it just a perception, or are they continually having web issues?

It appears that Carnival is continually having issues. You'd think that by now, the IT people would have fixed it by now. But that's not the case. :classic_blink:

My sister and I are traveling with our parents. They are platinum level but we are not. When they check in online 16 days in advance, can they  reserve the same check-in time for us as their travel companions or do they need to wait to check in with us on day 14 so we all get the same time? We are driving in together and they are older and use walkers and need our help. 

26 minutes ago, Damikaan said:

My sister and I are traveling with our parents. They are platinum level but we are not. When they check in online 16 days in advance, can they  reserve the same check-in time for us as their travel companions or do they need to wait to check in with us on day 14 so we all get the same time? We are driving in together and they are older and use walkers and need our help. 

If they use walkers and need help to ambulate, you should not board Plat.  Maybe get in touch with guest services who take care of that.  Carnival’s people will assist with boarding.  

My friend had a stroke when she was young-ish and I think I was in denial or something because it was a huge mistake not asking Carnival for assistance.  She really struggled to get on board.   

40 minutes ago, Damikaan said:

They should choose a later time or if they get an earlier time, wait for you.

4 minutes ago, audcc77 said:

If they use walkers and need help to ambulate, you should not board Plat.  Maybe get in touch with guest services who take care of that.  Carnival’s people will assist with boarding.  

My friend had a stroke when she was young-ish and I think I was in denial or something because it was a huge mistake not asking Carnival for assistance.  She really struggled to get on board.   

Carnival will ask the seniors to use a wheelchair so they can be pushed up the ramp. If they wish to walk, there isn't much crew can do

After about four hours of logging in, logging out, watching the circles go around was finally about to complete my check in, get my arrival time, and get my boarding passes. Yes, I'm Platinum, and yes it's 16 days to my cruise, and yes this happens every time I try to check in.

Carnival tries to say it's a "glitch" or a random issue. No, it's that Carnival does not have adequate access to their website. Next cruise in September I'll get up at 4 a.m. and see if there are fewer people on line at that time and if it works any better.

I'm the OP - when I asked about "backing in" there used to be people who had some rarely known URL that let you get to the check in some other way than clicking the Check In button. Haven't seen anyone post something like that in a long time.

Just now, nlktx49 said:

After about four hours of logging in, logging out, watching the circles go around was finally about to complete my check in, get my arrival time, and get my boarding passes. Yes, I'm Platinum, and yes it's 16 days to my cruise, and yes this happens every time I try to check in.

Carnival tries to say it's a "glitch" or a random issue. No, it's that Carnival does not have adequate access to their website. Next cruise in September I'll get up at 4 a.m. and see if there are fewer people on line at that time and if it works any better.

I'm the OP - when I asked about "backing in" there used to be people who had some rarely known URL that let you get to the check in some other way than clicking the Check In button. Haven't seen anyone post something like that in a long time.

No the closest thing to take was the link to see your fulling booking info and luggage tags.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

You don’t need to complete the check in to get an arrival time. Just choose the arrival time first and come back later to do the rest.

Thanks - this is good to know. Getting the arrival time is really the only reason to do the check in as early as possible.

17 hours ago, Damikaan said:

I had our adult kids linked to our booking for our MG cruise last month.  I was able to check in 16 days in advance but their check-in was not showing as available until 14 days out.  We were all going together too so we just arrived in between appointment times and it worked out perfectly (they weren't that far apart).

• Like 1