Any other Princess cruises requiring booster?

IJustWantToGo36

19 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Here's what we just received regarding the above referenced 18 day PC cruise on the CP leaving SF on April 26.

Voyage / Dest: B216N / 18 Days Panama Canal - Eastbound

Ship / Registry: Caribbean Princess / Bermudan

Embarkation: April 26, 2022 / San Francisco

Disembarkation: May 14, 2022 / Fort Lauderdale

IMPORTANT NOTICES

Thank you for your attention to this notification.

Please be advised that guests 5 years and older on this voyage are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and meet the following requirements:

- have received their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the beginning of the cruise and produce proof of vaccination at terminal check-in

- if eligible and 18 years or older, produce proof of a COVID-19 booster. This requirement is due to the length and itinerary of the voyage.

- produce acceptable proof of a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken before or at embarkation (for guests 2 years and older).

If they are going to implement this policy for voyages of a certain length or longer, then they ought to be requiring it for any guests who are doing B2B's of the same or longer length.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I would think you would need to find another “long” cruise as the CP Panama Canal cruise is 18 days. Maybe one of April transatlantic cruises which are 14-15 days. There is also a TA in May 2022 that’s 18 days.

Lots of long voyages in individual cases where guests have booked B2B's (many of these have had "Live Froms" on here, so certainly plenty of cases.  We are doing 25 nights B2B2B in October, for example, although I hope these "waves" are mere ripples if at all by then.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Suite Susie said:

I do hope Princess do not insist on 270 days since the booster, as I will not qualify -273 days when we get off The Enchanted In August. Cannot get the Spring Booster in the UK unless you are over 75, so I do not know what you are supposed to do. Have had all 3 of my vaccines as soon as they were available. Our balance is due next week, so now I am not sure whether we should pay or cancel. 

Nothing to do with Princess.

270 day does not apply to boosters yet in the EU

Check the rules for the counties you are going to regularly.

anyone traveling anywhere should be checking they meet the requirements of entry and exit.

54 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

If they are going to implement this policy for voyages of a certain length or longer, then they ought to be requiring it for any guests who are doing B2B's of the same or longer length.

We agree. We are also looking forward to the day when they eliminate the antigen testing requirement prior to transition day on B2Bs. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, leck57 said:

That would be difficult as the definition of "eligibility" might vary from Country to Country.  

Eligibility is usually x months after previous shot and being in certain age groups or having certain higher risk medical conditions.

Although it might vary by country, Princess would require the strictest interpretation on an itinerary.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Because the ship is coming out of drydock- its covid explosion probability is lower than a 14 day crusie and maybe even some 10s with alot of B2Bs.

1 hour ago, Suite Susie said:

I do hope Princess do not insist on 270 days since the booster, as I will not qualify -273 days when we get off The Enchanted In August.

I think if 270 days is involved, it means you must have had the required most recent jab within the past 270 days. Almost everyone with a booster jab will have it it currently within the last 270 days. How long has it been since your last jab?

45 minutes ago, IJustWantToGo36 said:

Because the ship is coming out of drydock- its covid explosion probability is lower than a 14 day cruise and maybe even some 10s with a lot of B2Bs.

My comment was from a general sense across the fleet.  Someone like us sailing for 25 days as a 7+7+11 is no different in my mind than someone sailing on an extended voyage of similar length.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, caribill said:

I think if 270 days is involved, it means you must have had the required most recent jab within the past 270 days. Almost everyone with a booster jab will have it it currently within the last 270 days. How long has it been since your last jab?

If things evolve into an annual shot, similar to the flu, I wonder if the date will either change to 365 days, or just go away since no one requires a flu shot to travel.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

EU 270 day rules are for the basic jabs 1|2 depending on which one.

Currently does not apply to any boosters they have no time limits yet.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

If things evolve into an annual shot, similar to the flu, I wonder if the date will either change to 365 days, or just go away since no one requires a flu shot to travel.

If enough people get Covid vaccinated so that there is "herd immunity," maybe no require would be needed for travel.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Suite Susie said:

We had our boosters on 5th November and at the moment have no way of getting another. So if the rules change on our sailing we bust the 270 days before the cruise end. Very worrying. 

I would think the “if eligible” reference would apply in your case as well as for those folks from any other country where they’re not eligible yet.

- if eligible and 18 years or older, produce proof of a COVID-19 booster. This requirement is due to the length and itinerary of the voyage.

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

That's being hopeful!

In the meantime, I 'll just take the boosters as recommended by public health. And keep on sailing. 🙄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Suite Susie said:

I do hope Princess do not insist on 270 days since the booster, as I will not qualify -273 days when we get off The Enchanted In August. Cannot get the Spring Booster in the UK unless you are over 75, so I do not know what you are supposed to do. Have had all 3 of my vaccines as soon as they were available. Our balance is due next week, so now I am not sure whether we should pay or cancel. 

I was going to say the same as you we can only get the Spring Booster if you are over 75. They also recommend it as being most effective if you wait 6 months since your last jab. The website did let us book the booster before six months but we waited and booked again when the six months was imminent. Husband has just had his but I’m not eligible at the moment.  It would stop a high percentage of people in the UK from sailing if they made the second booster compulsory. Like you if this is the case I couldn’t sail either. 

Just for informational purposes, my Carnival Pride May 8th sailing (Barcelona round trip) has mandated a booster if the passenger is beyond six months of their last initial vaccination series. I will also be on the Emerald Princess Transatlantic (departing April 16th) however it does not have this requirement. Most likely due to timing.

GUEST ADVISORY

CARNIVAL PRIDE – MAY 8, MAY 19, and MAY 29, 2022
UPDATE ON SAILINGS DEPARTING FROM SPAIN
BOOSTER REQUIREMENT

April 1, 2022

Dear Carnival Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard for a fun and memorable vacation in Europe!

We want to remind you that you will be sailing on a vaccinated voyage and this requires you to be fully vaccinated, which is defined as having your final dose of an initial COVID-19 vaccine series at least 14 days before your sailing date (not including embarkation day). Proof of vaccination is required at check-in.

Additionally, we have been closely monitoring the European Union’s (EU) booster requirements.  Many countries are requiring guests to be boosted, when eligible, in order to enter a country and/or disembark at a port of call.  

Consequently, all guests age 12 and older who are fully vaccinated and are more than 6 months past the date of the last dose of their initial vaccine series, will need to show proof of having received a booster.  

A booster dose is considered:

• a third mRNA dose in an mRNA series or a mixed vaccine series or;
  • a J&J booster, or an mRNA booster dose if your primary series was a J&J vaccine. 

If you are eligible, this notice gives you ample time to get a booster dose. You will be considered boosted the day you receive the vaccine with no waiting period required. Unfortunately, eligible guests who are not boosted will be denied boarding.  If you are an eligible guest who does not plan on meeting the booster requirement, please contact 1-800-CARNIVAL, your Personal Vacation Planner or your travel advisor by April 15, 2022, so you can reschedule your cruise or receive a future cruise credit.

We are also following the testing requirements for entry into the EU and return to the U.S. and expect to have additional information for you in the coming weeks.  

Lastly, our shore excursions team is working with our tour operator partners to build a diverse tour program that maximizes enjoyment of your itinerary. While the entire process takes time to complete, we are frequently adding new tours to Carnival.com as they are finalized.  We encourage you to check our website often for updates. All tours should be available on our website no later than one month prior to your departure.

We greatly appreciate your cooperation and will be back in touch soon with more information.

Sincerely,

Christine Duffy
President, Carnival Cruise Line

Edited by niknot
correction

3 minutes ago, niknot said:

Just for informational purposes, my Carnival Pride May 8th sailing (Barcelona round trip) has mandated a booster if the passenger is beyond six months of their last dose. I will also be on the Emerald Princess Transatlantic (departing April 16th) however it does not have this requirement. Most likely due to timing.

GUEST ADVISORY

CARNIVAL PRIDE – MAY 8, MAY 19, and MAY 29, 2022
UPDATE ON SAILINGS DEPARTING FROM SPAIN
BOOSTER REQUIREMENT

April 1, 2022

Dear Carnival Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard for a fun and memorable vacation in Europe!

We want to remind you that you will be sailing on a vaccinated voyage and this requires you to be fully vaccinated, which is defined as having your final dose of an initial COVID-19 vaccine series at least 14 days before your sailing date (not including embarkation day). Proof of vaccination is required at check-in.

Additionally, we have been closely monitoring the European Union’s (EU) booster requirements.  Many countries are requiring guests to be boosted, when eligible, in order to enter a country and/or disembark at a port of call.  

Consequently, all guests age 12 and older who are fully vaccinated and are more than 6 months past the date of the last dose of their initial vaccine series, will need to show proof of having received a booster.  

A booster dose is considered:

• a third mRNA dose in an mRNA series or a mixed vaccine series or;

• a J&J booster, or an mRNA booster dose if your primary series was a J&J vaccine. 

If you are eligible, this notice gives you ample time to get a booster dose. You will be considered boosted the day you receive the vaccine with no waiting period required. Unfortunately, eligible guests who are not boosted will be denied boarding.  If you are an eligible guest who does not plan on meeting the booster requirement, please contact 1-800-CARNIVAL, your Personal Vacation Planner or your travel advisor by April 15, 2022, so you can reschedule your cruise or receive a future cruise credit.

We are also following the testing requirements for entry into the EU and return to the U.S. and expect to have additional information for you in the coming weeks.  

Lastly, our shore excursions team is working with our tour operator partners to build a diverse tour program that maximizes enjoyment of your itinerary. While the entire process takes time to complete, we are frequently adding new tours to Carnival.com as they are finalized.  We encourage you to check our website often for updates. All tours should be available on our website no later than one month prior to your departure.

We greatly appreciate your cooperation and will be back in touch soon with more information.

Sincerely,

Christine Duffy
President, Carnival Cruise Line

Thanks so it only says it requires a booster , not a second booster. As I said earlier I am not eligible for the second booster as not 75 yet. 

18 minutes ago, niknot said:

Just for informational purposes, my Carnival Pride May 8th sailing (Barcelona round trip) has mandated a booster if the passenger is beyond six months of their last initial vaccination series. I will also be on the Emerald Princess Transatlantic (departing April 16th) however it does not have this requirement. Most likely due to timing.....

That Emerald TA visits EU ports with the 270 rule for the regular 1|2 jabs, if past 270 booster required (no time limit).

9 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

That's being hopeful!

In the meantime, I 'll just take the boosters as recommended by public health. And keep on sailing. 🙄 

You can see from some of the above posts that PH recommendations for a 4th shot do vary in the timeframes.  I think medical consensus is to wait six months from 3rd shot.  Everyone makes their own call.  Our friends are getting 4th shot ASAP.  We are waiting until end of August which is about 4 weeks before we go to Europe for four voyages.  I don't think it is just hopeful at all that the pandemic will continue to subside and no longer be termed as such - it will happen as we can see the progress from where it was to where it is now.  We will have a better picture of the situation in Europe towards end of summer.  We can decide best thing to do then and see no issue in delaying our 4th shot past early June (six month mark).  I am more concerned about being compliant with Europe and Princess in order to travel freely.