Online Booked Excursions

Huggsy

Hi All, I've just booked and had my shore excursions confirmed. I now want to cancel one of the tours. I've gone into my account, hit the customise button, clicked on the port where it displays each excursion, then selected the tour which I wish to delete but the 'ticks' beside our names are greyed out and locked in, so I can't seem to make any changes. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

I booked all my shore excursions online well before embarking. Received an email confirmation of the bookings.  Today I realized I had not received tickets or anything (I thought maybe Regent went electronic and eliminated paper tickets), so I went to Destination Services.  They had no record of anything I had booked….ZERO. So I had to rebook everything, some of which I am waitlisted on or had to take a different time.  Do not rely on online booking! If you do so then call in advance to confirm your bookings.  

1 hour ago, Sunprince said:

I booked all my shore excursions online well before embarking. Received an email confirmation of the bookings.  Today I realized I had not received tickets or anything (I thought maybe Regent went electronic and eliminated paper tickets), so I went to Destination Services.  They had no record of anything I had booked….ZERO. So I had to rebook everything, some of which I am waitlisted on or had to take a different time.  Do not rely on online booking! If you do so then call in advance to confirm your bookings.  

We receive a confirmation email within minutes of  "completing" the order. Some people may not realize you have to go all the way through the process to the "purchase" area even if you only choose the complimentary excursions which of course do not require credit card payment.

• Like 1

Also, you will not receive the actual ticket until you get to your suite. 
I have received an email confirmation for each tour booked and I can check all my booked tours in manage my bookings, but no tickets until I get to the ship.

• Like 1

Booking tours is something I'm hopeful will improve with all the latest developments on the website - thank you @Mike Moore !  Following an itinerary change, our previously complete tour collection needs updating and we await the offerings in a couple of the replacement ports.  Last evening, we were able to book a couple of additional tours so made our choices and completed the transaction.  The confirmation came through to our email immediately - *with a zero entry* - not a single tour listed and all previous choices and bookings previously confirmed had disappeared.  Cue a five minute panic....followed by a calm retreat to check on our online account, where all tours were still in place.  I think (hope) all is well, but such incidences don't do a great deal for our confidence (or my blood pressure!)  even though we have never had problems in many Regent cruises and have always found an envelope with our tickets there as expected on the table in our suite when we checked in. 

Edited by Gilly

Too late to update my previous post, but in the cold light of day, that "zero entry" email wasn't anything of the kind, but merely showed the most recent additions.  

My apologies for confusion and misunderstanding.   Lesson learned: don't fiddle about with these things last thing at night but wait until the cool calm morning light to manage them!

14 hours ago, Sunprince said:

If you can please forward that email to me at mmoore@rssc.com I'll look in to the issue for you. As @Kwaj girl mentioned even free tours have to go through the checkout process. And yes @Gilly we will be making improvements to this area of the website to make it much faster and easier to use. The faster will come first, hopefully in the next month or so, the easier to use will be a bit of a larger under taking.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mrstanley said:

Gilly: How were u able to book excursions in the new ports? According to the Regent Website the shore excursions haven’t been confirmed yet for the new ports…. Like Molde, Norway.

Only Invergordon and Bruges.... the others like Molde, Edinburgh and Newcastle will appear in due course, I assume.  (today?  I have no idea!)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Gilly said:

Only Invergordon and Bruges.... the others like Molde, Edinburgh and Newcastle will appear in due course, I assume.  (today?  I have no idea!)

Thanks for the early tip on these ports.  We're on most of the Grand Arctic Navigator cruise, and these ports were meant to be bookable in about 15 hours, but we could book Bruges early.  So still four more ports to book.😶

• Like 1

Invergordon, Scotland was on the original itinerary. You should have already selected a shore excursion for this port.

The new ports that we need to select shore excursions for:

Molde, Norway

Kirkwall, Scotland

Edinburgh,, Scotland

Bruges, Belgium

New Castle, England

But our Invergordon choice had disappeared in the adjustments and we were glad to have chance to rebook that one.  Everything else remained as it was - days were amended as necessary.  We still await the offerings for Molde, Kirkwall, Edinburgh and Newcastle having booked Bruges (and rebooked Invergordon) last evening.

18 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

We receive a confirmation email within minutes of  "completing" the order. Some people may not realize you have to go all the way through the process to the "purchase" area even if you only choose the complimentary excursions which of course do not require credit card payment.

5 hours ago, Mike Moore said:

If you can please forward that email to me at mmoore@rssc.com I'll look in to the issue for you. As @Kwaj girl mentioned even free tours have to go through the checkout process. And yes @Gilly we will be making improvements to this area of the website to make it much faster and easier to use. The faster will come first, hopefully in the next month or so, the easier to use will be a bit of a larger under taking.

Thanks, I am quite familiar with the checkout “purchase” process. I did complete it all the way and received an email that said:

We are pleased to confirm payment for the following shore excursions.
Tickets will be provided to you onboard the day of embarkation. Please print a copy of this confirmation page for your records. If your tours are in Wait List status, you will be contacted if and when space becomes available and any charges, if applicable, will be added to your booking at that time. If you would like to make any changes to the shore excursions below, please call Reservations.

The excursions then showed up on my online account….so not sure why they never made it into the ships system. 

Still waiting to hear from butler if dinner reservations are also lost. 

21 hours ago, Sunprince said:

What did Destinations say when you showed them the confirmatory email?

They should have immediately reinstated your bookings without further issue? If not, why not?

1 hour ago, Sunprince said:

Still waiting to hear from butler if dinner reservations are also lost. 

If there is an issue with your previously confirmed restaurant reservations then I suggest you raise the matter with the F&B Manager, who should be able to reinstate your chosen dates & times.

Edited by flossie009

3 hours ago, flossie009 said:

What did Destinations say when you showed them the confirmatory email?

They should have immediately reinstated your bookings without further issue? If not, why not?

If there is an issue with your previously confirmed restaurant reservations then I suggest you raise the matter with the F&B Manager, who should be able to reinstate your chosen dates & times.

Destinations employee just shrugged his shoulders and suggested that I did not complete the reservation process properly (not sure why this is the first go to assumption?).  I dug out the email which clearly showed successful booking.  No real response other than to “try” to rebook lost excursions.  We have most of them back now, except for Seattle which is waitlisted. And one other at a different time than I prefer.  I will speak with them again tomorrow to sort this out. 

The good news is that the restaurant reservations are intact and in the system. The lovely and helpful Faith, confirmed them for me today.  So all is good.  

Otherwise and on a positive note…all is well on the Mariner.  Service, food has been excellent…but we are at less than 300 capacity. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sunprince said:

Destinations employee just shrugged his shoulders

Perhaps some retraining required. Something to be mentioned on the mid-cruise comment card.

30 minutes ago, Sunprince said:

I will speak with them again tomorrow

Ask for the Destinations Manager. If unavailable request that he/she contacts you.

Glad to hear that everything else is going well.