The Koningsdam arrives in Victoria today: the first cruise ship to visit in 2.5 years

westcoaster

Interesting to hear how they all get off with the CANarrive??? or do they even have to do it......and I wonder how many are coughing or have headaches......wow....Princess sure had their problems.....Can HAL be any different????.....considering a cruise with HAL on May 11 out of Van but still going to watch what happens over the next three weeks and do a last minute booking.....seems to be lots of unused cabins.....snowing here up in Kelowna .....off and on.....winter suddenly came back....

9 minutes ago, Kelownabccan said:

Interesting to hear how they all get off with the CANarrive??? or do they even have to do it......and I wonder how many are coughing or have headaches......wow....Princess sure had their problems.....Can HAL be any different????.....considering a cruise with HAL on May 11 out of Van but still going to watch what happens over the next three weeks and do a last minute booking.....seems to be lots of unused cabins.....snowing here up in Kelowna .....off and on.....winter suddenly came back....

Koningsdam is green level CDC.  The best level.  Arrivecan has already been set up for cruise ships so that all the information is entered before we leave Canada for instance we have our arrivecan QR code for our arrival back into Canada on April 28th.  I think you are over thinking things.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Kelownabccan said:

Do you hear people coughing at home?  I sure do.  I know you’ve been saying the same thing for months about cruising.  It might be better to hold off.  I’ve spent 4 weeks on the koningsdam since November.  To add to what the previous poster said the koningsdam was also in green for my two weeks mar 6 to 20.  I was healthy the whole time.  Was back home for over 2 weeks and picked up a cold at home and I’m very careful.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kelownabccan said:

On Koningsdam now. There may be COVID cases, but we haven’t heard of any. Nothing like the recent Princess experiences. ArriveCAN worked very well - HAL made sure everyone had and completed it before arriving in Canada. Customs cleared the ship in less than an hour this morning and no issues getting off and heading into Victoria (except the wind!). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So nice to have a cruise ship back Victoria!  We watched her sail in this morning.  Seems the captain and pilot did a  good job.  We have heard that Victoria isn’t the easiest port to get into but they took it slow and from our vantage it looked like they did not use a tug in spite of the very strong wind.

We were on the K’dam christening cruise in 2015 but haven’t seen her since (we no longer sail HAL since they dropped dancing in the Ocean Bar - miss it!).

Welcome to Victoria for your first visit here K’dam!  Hope to see a lot more of you here!

464FDD2C-B8D5-4A9F-BCFA-44F16E441917.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Super news.....we are really keen to go on May 11.....wife still up in the wind about going but maybe HAL is somewhat better than the Princess cruises and news about the three ships with tons of covind aboard ......and just looked at prices....same price in $Can as  $ US.....so a real bargain.....and lots of cabins....only extra hassle is the antigen test to get if fly down to Van from up here.....maybe do one of those proctor ones the day before on the computer.....not bad at $40 or so per person....oh well.....things seems to be improving

6 hours ago, QuattroRomeo said:

Koningsdam's arrival in Victoria was just on our evening news (CTV), showing many who were there to greet it, waving flags and so on! The newscast indicated it was at Level Green. 

Good to hear that they weren’t calling it a Petrie dish.  That term drives me up the wall.

• Like 4