Glass shower door

15 hours ago, CarolRoy said:

We were on the Enchantment two weeks ago in 3054 and it had a curtain.  Also no refrigerator.

I've never seen a room with no refrigerator (or a slightly cooler than room temperature machine).  Even every inside cabin had one that I've ever seen.  Hmmmmmmm 🤔

Hello,

I was on Navigator and there was a very long sticker on the 'cooler' describing it as such and giving the working parameters, though I was losing the will to live before I got to the end so stopped.

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I've never seen a room with no refrigerator (or a slightly cooler than room temperature machine).  Even every inside cabin had one that I've ever seen.  Hmmmmmmm 🤔

Sail some Vision class ships. 

FYI, you can make the fridge colder by propping open the door.  They are thermoelectric coolers and have a maximum difference in temp between the inside and the outside.  When it is in the cabinet, the air inside the cabinet gets hot, limiting how cold the cooler can get.  Prop open the door and the hot air leaves and the cooler gets colder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SRF said:

FYI, you can make the fridge colder by propping open the door.  They are thermoelectric coolers and have a maximum difference in temp between the inside and the outside.  When it is in the cabinet, the air inside the cabinet gets hot, limiting how cold the cooler can get.  Prop open the door and the hot air leaves and the cooler gets colder.

Good to know. Can anyone else confirm that this works?

12 hours ago, SRF said:

I tried this last week on the Wonder of the Seas because I read that this would help.  I bought  a new thermometer from Amazon and put it in to test the theory.  It was 41.3° with the cabinet door closed.   I propped the door open overnight.  When I checked it in the morning it was 43.1°.   The thermometer records high and low temps and I reset it the first time I checked it.  It stayed between 41.3° & 44.7°.   You may have different results on other ships, but the cabinet on Wonder seemed to have a lot of holes and slots for ventilation.

I don't know why the pictures are sideways.

PS. This thermometer also has a magnet on the back so it can be used on the stateroom wall, even if a magnet is not helpful inside the refrigerator. 

20220406_090618.jpg

20220406_090656.jpg

20220406_232046.jpg

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers