Pacific Coastal Millennium Cruises Cancelled

mikewomb

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We are contacting you to provide an update on the status of your 2022 cruise vacation. As a result of deployment changes, Celebrity Cruises will be relocating Celebrity Millennium from the Mexican Riviera to the Caribbean. These adjustments will require a change for the Celebrity Millennium sailings departing September 16, 2022 and December 19, 2022.

At this time, we would like to offer you the choice of being re-accommodated on another Celebrity Cruises vacation or receiving a 100% Refund.  From now through April 26, you have the option to Lift and Shift your existing cruise vacation plans to a specified Celebritysailing.  Please contact us or your travel agent for alternate sailing options and your reservation will be shifted at the same rate including any promotion you currently have on the booking.  

If you are unable to rebook by April 26, you will automatically receive a 100% refund to your original method of payment.  You can expect to receive a refund within at least 30 days after cancellation. Cruise taxes and fees would be refunded separately.  Please note, any reservations paid with a Future Cruise Credit will not be eligible for a cash refund, however, your Future Cruise Credit will be reinstated. No action is required on your part to receive this refund. 

If you have pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruise Planner, you will be refunded in full to your original method of payment.  Guests with air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically.  You will not need to call in to initiate the process.  Guests with independent excursions or air arrangements need to contact their tour operators and air carriers directly to make all required cancellations.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to work through these unique circumstances.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation.

Sincerely, 

Celebrity Cruises

Interesting.. Our reservation will be transferred to the Solstice. Which I have mixed feeling about. I sailed on the Solstice before, she is a fine ship. But we go from a ship that has been just refurbished and modernized  to one that has been refurbished in 2016 with no retreat space. I do not know how I feel about this.

Dear Guest,

We are contacting you to provide an update on the status of your 2022 cruise vacation.  As a result of deployment changes, the Mexican Riviera sailings on Celebrity Millennium departing September 24, 2022 through December 11, 2022, will now be onboard Celebrity Solstice.

Experience a vacation like no other onboard Celebrity Solstice. Relax and enjoy unforgettable spaces, world-class amenities, and our stylish accommodations. Play your favorite outdoor games, catch a concert, or just take in some sun at The Lawn Club. We know that you will enjoy this beautiful ship, the namesake of our award-winning Solstice Class ships.

At this time, we will automatically move your cruise reservation to the Celebrity Solstice Mexican Riviera sailing at the same rate including any promotion currently on the booking. No action is required on your part to initiate this move.

If you choose not to sail onboard Celebrity Solstice, from now through May 12, please contact us or your travel agent to request a 100% refund to your original method of payment. You can expect to receive a refund within at least 30 days after cancellation.  Cruise taxes and fees would be refunded separately.  Please note, any reservations paid with a Future Cruise Credit will not be eligible for a cash refund, however, your Future Cruise Credit will be reinstated.

If you have pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruise Planner, you will be refunded in full to your original method of payment.  Guests with air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically.  You will not need to call in to initiate the process.  Guests with independent excursions or air arrangements need to contact their tour operators and air carriers directly to make all required cancellations.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to provide a compelling array of itinerary options around the world.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

Edited by angelhelly

We are booked on the Nov 5th sailing. This cruise is a family cruise so we are booked in Aqua. The down side with Solstice is we wont be able to order off the MDR menu in Blu. Upside I can do glassblowing and we can open up the balconies of our 3 cabins. We were also on Millie last Oct and like the upgrades we saw. Oceanview was a much better layout. June we are booked on Millie in a suite. So Solstice for us will be a nice change.

We are on the 12/3 sailing and haven’t been notified by our TA yet.  What options did they offer for you to move to?
Just read the 2nd notice that covers our sailing.  Now to find out what suite we got moved to.

Edited by jelayne

We were on the Millie Dec. 11th in Aqua.  No changes showing yet with travel agents or on X when signed in.  We really want to pick our Aqua.  I think I would be more nervous in a suite since the location could be more of a problem with the buffet and pool.  I am sure it will be not problem for Jelayne because she is on top of it.  The Solstice was supposed to have been in Asia that week.  Hummm

Just got an email from TA that the Solstice will be doing those cruises as I see posted here. I don’t understand why people are upset about that ship. It is a nice one..don’t care if it has been updated or not. 
we are on it on May 6th Alaska Celebrity Suite. 

10 minutes ago, wildtky101 said:

We had an aft Aqua class room on the Millennium. Does anyone know if it's customary to be moved to the same when they make changes like this? We were so excited about our cabin.

They will move you to the same category (A1 - A1) if possible and if not to a A2.

There are 5 aft facing A1s on the Solstice so fingers crossed you get 1.  There are also a lot of A1 forward of the aft elevators however some are under the pool.

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

They will move you to the same category (A1 - A1) if possible and if not to a A2.

There are 5 aft facing A1s on the Solstice so fingers crossed you get 1.  There are also a lot of A1 forward of the aft elevators however some are under the pool.

Thank You. We were under the pool our last cruise on he Silhouette and we wouldn't want to do that again. This was our first time in an aft cabin and we so looking forward to it.

54 minutes ago, angelhelly said:

Interesting.. Our reservation will be transferred to the Solstice. Which I have mixed feeling about. I sailed on the Solstice before, she is a fine ship. But we go from a ship that has been just refurbished and modernized  to one that has been refurbished in 2016 with no retreat space. I do not know how I feel about this.

Dear Guest,

We are contacting you to provide an update on the status of your 2022 cruise vacation.  As a result of deployment changes, the Mexican Riviera sailings on Celebrity Millennium departing September 24, 2022 through December 11, 2022, will now be onboard Celebrity Solstice.

Experience a vacation like no other onboard Celebrity Solstice. Relax and enjoy unforgettable spaces, world-class amenities, and our stylish accommodations. Play your favorite outdoor games, catch a concert, or just take in some sun at The Lawn Club. We know that you will enjoy this beautiful ship, the namesake of our award-winning Solstice Class ships.

At this time, we will automatically move your cruise reservation to the Celebrity Solstice Mexican Riviera sailing at the same rate including any promotion currently on the booking. No action is required on your part to initiate this move.

If you choose not to sail onboard Celebrity Solstice, from now through May 12, please contact us or your travel agent to request a 100% refund to your original method of payment. You can expect to receive a refund within at least 30 days after cancellation.  Cruise taxes and fees would be refunded separately.  Please note, any reservations paid with a Future Cruise Credit will not be eligible for a cash refund, however, your Future Cruise Credit will be reinstated.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to provide a compelling array of itinerary options around the world.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

But Solstice is ten years younger than Millennium and even without this Revoluzion updates a much more modern ship. 

• Like 4

DH and I are currently on Apex and just saw this post. Thanks to the OP for sharing the news. We have reservations on the Sept. 16 Millenium Pacific Coastal cruise.  Just went to speak to someone in Future Cruises who could only tell us that our reservation has been “flagged.”  She said she’d try to find out what that means, as she has no other info. at this time.  We’ve not rec’d. any emails from Celebrity or our TA yet.   

We were booked on the repo as well as the first MR cruise. If anyone gets the Lift and Shift info please do post it. We are hoping to keep a B2B if at all possible.

Despite the stress (and the lost airfare to the first leg and the nonrefundable hotel reservations), I'm looking at this as an upgrade. I like Solstice much better as a ship. I'm going to try to roll with it.

Edited by SusieV

we received the notice today also (Millennium to Solstice) for our late September sailing

It is not clear to me from the email if Celebrity  booked flights will remain if we do not cancel. The way I am reading it, it sounds like excursions and flights are automatically refunded regardless. Not a big deal, but we reserved the flight a while ago at a crazy low price which I would hate to lose and would factor into my decision to cancel or not.

Edited by rodndonna

1 hour ago, NCNina said:

DH and I are currently on Apex and just saw this post. Thanks to the OP for sharing the news. We have reservations on the Sept. 16 Millenium Pacific Coastal cruise.  Just went to speak to someone in Future Cruises who could only tell us that our reservation has been “flagged.”  She said she’d try to find out what that means, as she has no other info. at this time.  We’ve not rec’d. any emails from Celebrity or our TA yet.   

My TA emailed me this morning, and said the cruise will go on, it is being replaced by the Solstice. 

1 hour ago, ChampagneandFanfare said:

We received notice this morning that Solstice to Asia is also cancelled through April 2023. Sounds like no Asia at all for the interim. Our notice is similar to above except "September 2022 through April 2023".

Friends tell us their Princess cruise from Hong Kong to Japan next Spring has been cancelled.. I know this is about Princess but they also seem to be avoiding Asia 

3 hours ago, mikewomb said:

These adjustments will require a change for the Celebrity Millennium sailings departing September16, 

2022 and December 19, 2022 

Thanks.  My concern is that these two sailings, of which ours is the former, are cancelled completely.  Thus the offer to rebook on another cruise or get a refund.  So frustrating.  This was to be our 1st Aqua class experience to celebrate my retirement from teaching.  Finding it a bit ironic that we’re having so much trouble getting information about this (so we can begin to think about alternatives) while we’re on board a Celebrity ship! 

1 hour ago, mikewomb said:

Did you read what my TA said…the ship is being replaced by the solstice. The message from celebrity was not clear. 

This is true for the Mexican Riviera. It is not what the notification says for the Pacific Coastal.

Solstice was doing Alaska out of Seattle before the repo. 

Edited by SusieV