Portunus Club points

amajaa

Has anyone else had their old Portunus Club points removed from their loyalty . I wondered why our points had changed so checked all the cruises and they matched and then realised it said the Portunus ones don’t count, well they always used to. We are now back to Mediterranean. 

I can’t get into my Husband’s account either to check if his are there but we had an email saying statement of account in Oct with the full points. Unfortunately we won’t even be able to get through to them will we as the lines are always busy. Has anyone got a good email address? 

Plus just noticed they had added it up wrong e.g. they have made 70 + 110 , 140 instead of 180 and then 140 should be added which they have then  made 250 instead of 320. Making 70 short, the rest have added up correctly except of course missing out the Portunus points. 

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

Has anyone else had their old Portunus Club points removed from their loyalty . I wondered why our points had changed so checked all the cruises and they matched and then realised it said the Portunus ones don’t count, well they always used to. We are now back to Mediterranean. 

Just checked mine and they are all still there. Might just be a IT blip.

• Like 1

Just phoned P & O ( got through in 15 minutes 👏👏👏 ) Spoke to a very nice lad. He confirmed all okay. I think it is just the way they are wording it now and adding up.

Panic Over 🤞

• Like 1

All our points are still there and we have the same total points.  It is true the cruises done under Portunus are not detailed under the individual listed cruises, but the line above those and below the newer cruises which are towards the top of the list (in date order), is a line specifically mentioning Portunus points and the total of Portunus points we had on the changeover is inserted on that line and are still added into the final total.

So looks like the points are all still there, but listed differently.  Even our half points given for Swan Hellenic cruises, when they were under the Carnival umbrella are still added into the total points showing (not individually, but are included in the  Portunus points total.

Edited by tring

3 hours ago, amajaa said:

Plus just noticed they had added it up wrong e.g. they have made 70 + 110 , 140 instead of 180 and then 140 should be added which they have then  made 250 instead of 320. Making 70 short, the rest have added up correctly except of course missing out the Portunus points. 

I think you may have misunderstood the strange way the points totals are shown.  The total points alongside each cruise entry, is a total of all previous cruises (i.e. the points you have during that cruise).  The points for the cruise in question is only shown added to the total shown on the line for the next cruise.  If you work from the start of your cruise list, going down to the bottom of the list showing past cruises, that should then be clearer.  

For instance our next booked cruise (Azura next Oct) is showing the points as 1420, which was the points earned prior to that cruise (i.e. as our points balance at present).  The 160 points for that 16 night cruise are only added after that cruise has been completed, so is only added to the total as written against our next cruise (Aurora November 2022).  Also the loyalty tier, in the "Loyalty Tier Predicted" is only shown against the next cruise, but that loyaty level would be obtained after the return from the previous cruise.  I know I am talking future cruises, but the past cruises are totalled in the same way, with the last cruise points not showing until another cruise is listed.

Hence in your calculations, I suspect your missing 70 points are the 70 you have started your calculation with, but they will not show on your account list until you have booked another cruise, when it will show alongside that future cruise.  Sounds a bit complicated, but worth looking at your total again as I think I am probably correct regards that.  

EDIT Sorry just realised you had made a previous post after ringing P&O, so presume you have followed that now, but I will not delete this post as others may have the same thoughts.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1