FLL transfers

Lyndihop

9 minutes ago, Lyndihop said:

I’m assuming that taxis are plentiful?  
What kind of fare should I expect?

The whole port to airport transport is commonly discussed on the Florida Departures board. There will be HUGE line of taxis when you get off the ship.

Pre-Covid and inflation, the common taxi fare, on the meter was less than $15, before tip.

Probably less expensive to not use HAL transfers to FLL, but, depending on one's circumstances, may be the better option.  

A disadvantage to a HAL transfer to FLL is one is among the earliest off the ship.  If one's flight is later in the morning, early afternoon, that can be a irritant.  When I experienced that, I was able to obtain a day pass for Delta's Sky Club while I waited.  Don't think that is available any more, however.  

51 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

No, it was a set rate up front.  

Sorry - you got ripped off. 😢 There is no flat rate fare. 

The meter fare between FLL and PE (either direction) is about $15 - add in the tip and the ride should be $20 or less.  UberX or Lyft might save you a couple of dollars but the fare will be set before the car arrives to pick you up.

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Agree with @JohninDC, you got ripped off. There used to be signs by the taxi stand that said the meter is to be used, there are no fixed rates.

I sailed on Holland Rotterdam this March, and when we disembarked the ship on the 27th, taxis were not plentiful.  However, when we did get one, we were also charged a flat rate, and I know had the meter been used, it would have cost less. But as we did have to wait quite a while for a taxi, I was not about to bicker about the price.