Boarding Harmony tomorrow 4/17 on a B2B (not live but will respond to questions/requests)

4 minutes ago, orville99 said:

At sea today. Bright sunshine and an easterly breeze across the bow. Skipped formal night last evening - did that menu last week and it was disappointing at best. Went to WJ instead and had the best meal we’ve had in 9 days on board. Pad Thai stir fry with chicken and steak,  roasted duck (which was also being served in the MD), and they converted an entire kiosk from salads into a showcase of all of their fancy desserts.

I was missing your WJ reports, glad to hear another good one! We saw the most amazing dessert showcase once. Can't remember the ship or year (probably Oasis) but they had a giant display of at least a dozen different chocolate based desserts. White, milk, dark, cake, mousse in fancy glasses, etc.

33 minutes ago, orville99 said:

At sea today. Bright sunshine and an easterly breeze across the bow. Skipped formal night last evening - did that menu last week and it was disappointing at best. Went to WJ instead and had the best meal we’ve had in 9 days on board. Pad Thai stir fry with chicken and steak,  roasted duck (which was also being served in the MD), and they converted an entire kiosk from salads into a showcase of all of their fancy desserts.

Yums!!  😋

25 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I was missing your WJ reports, glad to hear another good one! We saw the most amazing dessert showcase once. Can't remember the ship or year (probably Oasis) but they had a giant display of at least a dozen different chocolate based desserts. White, milk, dark, cake, mousse in fancy glasses, etc.

I have seen those before.  No big deal for me, not a chocolate fan...but Bucky goes into the "Deer in the headlights" stare when they have those...with his tongue hanging out.  😄  

Did they have that huge chocolate fountain as well?  

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

That is a fairly accurate description of what we saw last evening. Reminded me of the olden days when there would be a midnight show buffet on the last night of the cruise..

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

I have seen those before.  No big deal for me, not a chocolate fan...but Bucky goes into the "Deer in the headlights" stare when they have those...with his tongue hanging out.  😄  

Not sure about the fountain.

That's funny, it was more exciting for my wife b/c she's picky but loves chocolate desserts. I liked some it, don't get me wrong, but I can always find something I like, especially at a buffet.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

That is a fairly accurate description of what we saw last evening. Reminded me of the olden days when there would be a midnight show buffet on the last night of the cruise..

Yep, I remember those. Sadly they disappeared after I had only cruised a couple times if I recall.

18 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Not sure about the fountain.

That's funny, it was more exciting for my wife b/c she's picky but loves chocolate desserts. I liked some it, don't get me wrong, but I can always find something I like, especially at a buffet.

Indeed finding new "treasures" at the WJ is always fun!  And you can take as little as you want to just try it.  No "sad face" waiters if you don't eat it.  😉 

41 minutes ago, island lady said:

Indeed finding new "treasures" at the WJ is always fun!  And you can take as little as you want to just try it.  No "sad face" waiters if you don't eat it.  😉 

This is the biggest difference b/t our family cruises and when my wife & I cruise alone. Her parents have no interest in WJ for dinner. So on family cruises, like next month, we will eat early in either CK or MDR with the family (half the time picky wife orders standby caesar salad and boring chicken) and then go to WJ afterwards.

My 12-year-old niece likes trying different foods and has already texted me about tagging along. 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

And you can invent your own dishes if you feel adventurous enough. When I can’t decide what I want I start gathering different things that might just go together - DW looks at me a bit weirdly, but she usually tries one of my concoctions 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Haven’t seen one of those in years. Probably a food safety thing.

Aww...must be in storage with all the cute little C&A gift baskets, the chocolates for our pillows, the package with real luggage tags they used to send, etc..etc.  😉 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

And you can invent your own dishes if you feel adventurous enough. When I can’t decide what I want I start gathering different things that might just go together - DW looks at me a bit weirdly, but she usually tries one of my concoctions 

LOL...both Bucky and I do that.   He does make an interesting mixology with rice and veggies sometimes.  😉 

On 4/23/2022 at 3:30 PM, orville99 said:

I misspoke on the tote bags. Checked with the LA and it is actually a 340 point choice.

Still waiting for a tote bag and a towel that was promised during one of our February cruises. (they were out, and we declined available gifts.) We are on board now, so maybe I’ll see if Paul has them. 

On 4/23/2022 at 2:49 PM, Biker19 said:

According to @little britain, refunds for crappy VOOM are easy. 

On 4/23/2022 at 3:11 PM, bobmacliberty said:

What do they do if VOOM is included in the cost of a suite?  

It would never occur to me to ask for a refund of something that was included in my accommodations, or as a benefit. 

M

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Anthem end of March had a chocolate fountain at least one night in WJ.  Whole line of kids waiting of course.  Staff member was doing the dipping, which pretty much takes the fun out of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Still waiting for a tote bag and a towel that was promised during one of our February cruises. (they were out, and we declined available gifts.) We are on board now, so maybe I’ll see if Paul has them. 

They had the tote bags last week, so Paul should still be able to get them for you. Not sure about towels however.

10 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Just docking in St. Martin. Looks like we will be the only ship in port today. Big difference from February when there were six ships here. 

Enjoy!

Our favorite excursion is there. Private tour with a guy who goes by Captain Bob who moved there from NY a while back and owns a handful of custom boats that hold about 16-18 people but have extra motors on the back so they fly. He makes several stops, 2 for snorkling, beach, lunch, Maho airport to see the planes land, then he stops in the water just off another beach and you can swim, hang out, etc. Unlimited beer/soda/water on board (which the crew will toss to you as you're floating in the water on that last stop). Then when you return to shore you get a free ice cream cup from this little gift shop type place to enjoy on the short walk back to the pier (really good ice cream for some reason).

We were there about 5-6 years ago, would have been back if not for covid.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, orville99 said:

Haven’t seen one of those in years. Probably a food safety thing.

Celebrity does one. Last day, lunch buffet extravaganza. 

Staffed, thank goodness, I don’t even want to think of the mess that passengers would make if left to their own devices with liquid chocolate.

I’ve had pretty good luck with the internet. Not lightning fast, but not the problems others have reported. Using Apple devices,

My bad luck is in the form of loud balcony talkers/door slammers on one side of me, and a family of feral, screaming kids 2 doors down the other way. Aaahhh yes, cruising’s back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

feral, screaming kids 2 doors down

If it makes you feel better, my cruise is over a month away and I already know I'll have that right next door... my 2 nieces (whom I love very much of course). 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

If it makes you feel better, my cruise is over a month away and I already know I'll have that right next door... my 2 nieces (whom I love very much of course). 🤣

Make sure they open the divider between the two cabins so you can join in their fun.

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Make sure they open the divider between the two cabins so you can join in their fun.

Oh we're well past that... my SIL said something like "we have to remember to have the balcony dividers removed SO I CAN SEND THE GIRLS OVER TO YOU."

My response... "You're sending the 8-year-old to us via THE BALCONY!?!?!?!?" 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wonderful day in St. Thomas yesterday, but had to divert to San Juan after we left for a medical evacuation. Coming into that harbor at night was a bit rough (P.R. Had small craft warnings all the way around the island) and we were really rocking and rolling entering and leaving the channel. 

Seas are like glass today.

• Like 2