Double itinerary for same cruise ship?

xXbunnyhopXx

On 4/17/2022 at 8:44 AM, Essiesmom said:

Look a little closer at the itineraries and you will see they are actually two cruises that can be booked separately or as one long cruise.  EM

There are also some - I believe called interport itineraries? -  that will have more than one departure and termination port within the same itinerary, but will each cover the same complete closed loop itinerary and ports of call. 

I am aware that MSC has done this with Caribbean itineraries and RCCL has done this with a Western Mediterranean itinerary, for example, where Rome to Rome and Barcelona to Barcelona are both embarkation and disembarkation ports within the same itinerary. 

You must book one or the other to complete the closed loop from each port.  When listed on the website they show as the same itinerary but with different dates depending on which port loop is booked. This would appear as a double itinerary for the same date range as suggested by the OP.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

34 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

There are also some - I believe called interport itineraries? -  that will have more than one departure and termination port within the same itinerary, but will each cover the same complete closed loop itinerary and ports of call. 

I am aware that MSC has done this with Caribbean itineraries and RCCL has done this with a Western Mediterranean itinerary, for example, where Rome to Rome and Barcelona to Barcelona are both embarkation and disembarkation ports within the same itinerary. 

You must book one or the other to complete the closed loop from each port.  When listed on the website they show as the same itinerary but with different dates depending on which port loop is booked. This would appear as a double itinerary for the same date range as suggested by the OP.

Yes, we were on the NCL Epic in the Western Mediterranean and embarked in Barcelona.There were also embarkation ports for the same cruise in Rome and Marseilles. In fact when we were at the Cirq d' Soliel dinner theater, we were on our second day while the couple we were sitting with were disembarking the next day.

15 hours ago, xXbunnyhopXx said:

Oh wow, ok, that makes sense. I looked at the itineraries and I noticed there's overlapping ports. Didnt realize there can be people embarking and disembarking on different days/ports. Thank you everyone~^^

Most cruise lines don't do their passenger booking this way. But a couple do.

17 hours ago, xXbunnyhopXx said:

Oh wow, ok, that makes sense. I looked at the itineraries and I noticed there's overlapping ports. Didnt realize there can be people embarking and disembarking on different days/ports. Thank you everyone~^^

And there can be different roll calls as passengers sailing with different starts but together part of the cruise.

59 minutes ago, JMorris271 said:

We are doing exactly that om Carnival Dream B2B May 7 -21. out of Galveston East then West with Galveston in the middle.

Those are two different itineraries that just originate from the same departure port with each itinerary's starting date.  B2B's with Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries frequently do this on several lines.  This is not the same as the OP is indicating where the same itinerary has different departure ports within that same itinerary.

As with the example I provided where the same Western Mediterranean itinerary had both Barcelona and Rome as separate originating departure ports within that same single itinerary and overall date range.  You would book one or the other but complete the same itinerary with both.  On the website it appears as two different dates and originating departure ports with the same itinerary, which is what the OP was questioning.

In other words, B2B's with different itineraries operating out of the same departure port is not the same as a single itinerary with different departure port options within that same itinerary.  

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1