Obstructed Balcony Cabins on Anthem

7 minutes ago, artvlay said:

Thanks. How do I get in contact with this person?  I clicked on email envelope and didn't work 

That's why Merion mom tagged him. If he has his notifications turned on he will see this post. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

You don't want a cabin where the black marks are, they are davits that hold up the life boats, in between the black marks is the cabins you want where you will see out to the ocean over top the top of the lifeboats, do take note from these deck 6 cabins you will not be able to look straight down to the ocean.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd112/robtulipe/Cruise/AnthemDavits_zpspxq9dqmo.jpg

AnthemDavits_zpspxq9dqmo.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

You don't want a cabin where the black marks are, they are davits that hold up the life boats, in between the black marks is the cabins you want where you will see out to the ocean over top the top of the lifeboats, do take note from these deck 6 cabins you will not be able to look straight down to the ocean.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd112/robtulipe/Cruise/AnthemDavits_zpspxq9dqmo.jpg

AnthemDavits_zpspxq9dqmo.jpg

Thanks for finding Rob's diagram, Jimbo.  🙂

I can attest to 6162 being quite obstructed.  And 6310 is VERY obstructed.

• Like 1

I just got off the Anthem on Sunday.  We had 6560 which is considered an obstructed view.  There really no obstruction unless you look right (AFT).  The davit blocks your view.  Here is a youtube video of 6160 (obstructed View).  We had the same cabin the other side. I would book this room again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We had 6288 several years ago. It wasn't bad, but we don't mind looking over the lifeboats. Here are some images. We actually booked this same cabin again and the one next to it for an upcoming cruise. With only 2 days at sea we thought we would save money on cabins since we wouldn't use the balcony much. Happy to just be able to open the door and get fresh air and some water views.

PS - This had a slightly larger balcony too.

Stephanie

boats 2.jpg

boats 3.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LivLove2Cruise said:

I just got off the Anthem on Sunday.  We had 6560 which is considered an obstructed view.  There really no obstruction unless you look right (AFT).  The davit blocks your view. 

Thanks very much for this. We have 6560 booked for September (chosen on the basis of comments by posters on earlier threads) so it's good to have confirmation. 

• Like 1

We have 6258 for an upcoming sailing on Anthem May 2nd. Other sources say this is one of the least obstructed, and I like the box shape rather than the rectangular shape. I will report back once on board. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ridge4 said:

We have 6258 for an upcoming sailing on Anthem May 2nd. Other sources say this is one of the least obstructed, and I like the box shape rather than the rectangular shape. I will report back once on board. 

Thanks ridge4. It would be great to post photos. Have a nice time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, ridge4 said:

Wide balcony.  More later.

B7993C04-BC08-464D-B52B-F885001EE4AE.jpeg

10168E54-7ECD-4F22-B355-5244E840177C.jpeg

Yes, I love the square cabin and wide balcony.    Perfect for your TA crossing.    

I am jealous as I saw some fabulous prices for the crossing but the flights home were way too expensive if I did a last minute booking.    Enjoy😃

• Like 1

I have been in one of these cabins on other side.   Hardly any obstruction from lifeboat unless you want to look straight down to water..   The larger shower is always nice.   I liked having the extra window like JS have.   I thought I would miss the sofa but didn't miss at all.   

How is the weather for your crossing?

7 minutes ago, artvlay said:

So I take from your enthusiasm I should switch to this cabin.

I do know anything about the one you booked but we did enjoy these square cabins.    If you view Post #6 chart of obstructed cabins, you will see small davits for these particular cabins that is because there are smaller life boats not the full size lifeboats that go with the full size davits on the chart.   

If one of these cabins is available you may want to switch.    As you can see from photos above, you get more space than the rectangular cabins but only get a chair instead of a sofa (which was just fine by us).