Serenade Dry Dock on 4/29/23?

Checking my future cruises, had put a deposit on the 4/29/23 7 day Western Caribbean cruise b2b with a 5/6/23 14 day TA to Barcelona.   The 4/29/23 Cruise is now listed as Grand Bahama Isl Bahamas, underneath there were six Dry-Dock (Location varies) listed.  So I checked the cruises available and the 4/22/23 and all other April and May cruises still available, 4/29/23 only one missing.

Does it seem possible that there will be a 7 day dry dock right before the TA?  Makes me wonder why RCI has not notified me about the change in the 4/29/23 Cruise. I am not very eager to schedule a 14 day TA out of Tampa right after a 7 day dry dock.  Anyone else have any news about this Cruise?  Don't feel up to waiting on hold to find out what I should have been told.  Just another reminder to always use refundable deposits.  There is no Roll Call.

3 hours ago, mugtech said:

Checking my future cruises, had put a deposit on the 4/29/23 7 day Western Caribbean cruise b2b with a 5/6/23 14 day TA to Barcelona.   The 4/29/23 Cruise is now listed as Grand Bahama Isl Bahamas, underneath there were six Dry-Dock (Location varies) listed.  So I checked the cruises available and the 4/22/23 and all other April and May cruises still available, 4/29/23 only one missing.

Does it seem possible that there will be a 7 day dry dock right before the TA?  Makes me wonder why RCI has not notified me about the change in the 4/29/23 Cruise. I am not very eager to schedule a 14 day TA out of Tampa right after a 7 day dry dock.  Anyone else have any news about this Cruise?  Don't feel up to waiting on hold to find out what I should have been told.  Just another reminder to always use refundable deposits.  There is no Roll Call.

I'm guess since the TA is relatively so cheap they don't really care if the Dry Dock aftermath of things that are still be working on as it crosses the Atlantic ruins some of your cruise experience on the TA.

Cruises and before and after the TA are  priced pretty high so don't want to effect those cruises with the dry dock issues.

Edited by Jimbo

I was on and off hold with a Royal Caribbean phone representative 

this morning for over an hour and they could offer me  no news or

explanation as to what is going on. I was told that it was forwarded to RCL

resolution department and to call back tomorrow to see if there is anything to report by then 

• Thanks 1

Not trying to resurrect a thread unnecessarily, just trying to

understand what’s going on and how to move forward.

Relatively new back to cruising after many years away so

we are not familiar with what happens when one of your

cruises suddenly comes up listed as “Drydock Cruise”

I called Royal yesterday and the representative could

offer no explanation and advised me to call today.

I just got off the phone with Royal and was advised 

to call back later today.  Totally understand the industry 

has a lot of moving parts and they have to do what the 

have to do. Just wondering if we will eventually receive 

an email and an opportunity to rebook something else

or do I continue to keep calling because the availability 

of cruises in this time frame is dwindling and the prices

seem to inch up daily. We are and will continue to remain loyal to

Royal Caribbean with 5 cruises completed since last September 

and 9 more scheduled over the next 2 years, just would like to have

an idea what to do next… thanks

8E33E720-F0C0-41B7-9CF3-D94F0150A0FB.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RRTcruiser said:

Just wondering if we will eventually receive 

an email and an opportunity to rebook something els

Yes, but that takes a while. Check the Roll Call thread for this sailing to see if others have more info. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, but that takes a while. Check the Roll Call thread for this sailing to see if others have more info. 

There is no Roll Call for 4/29/23 Cruise, I did warn the Roll Call for the 5/6/23 TA.  Be nice to hear something from RCI.

Edited by mugtech
No reason
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 10:12 AM, Jimbo said:

I'm guess since the TA is relatively so cheap they don't really care if the Dry Dock aftermath of things that are still be working on as it crosses the Atlantic ruins some of your cruise experience on the TA.

Cruises and before and after the TA are  priced pretty high so don't want to effect those cruises with the dry dock issues.

Probably only high because they arevattached to the TA. Very popular. 

However, if TA gets canned or messed with, they woukd lose a lot of passengers to cancellation

• Like 1

I just looked in the TA reservation system and there is no longer a 4/29/2023 cruise so it definitely going to be canceled, you just have to wait for them to send you the official cancellation letter. 

It might be awhile before you hear anything. I have a sailing booked for next January that has been chartered out and closed out in the reservation system and I still have not received notice from them yet. 

3 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

I just looked in the TA reservation system and there is no longer a 4/29/2023 cruise so it definitely going to be canceled, you just have to wait for them to send you the official cancellation letter. 

It might be awhile before you hear anything. I have a sailing booked for next January that has been chartered out and closed out in the reservation system and I still have not received notice from them yet. 

4/29/23 is not a trans Atlantic cruise, 7 days western Caribbean 

I called Thursdays (4/21) spent 2 hrs 15 mins on hold and spoke to 3 different people. The last person was a Supervisor. He said right now they do not have any info on this and I would need to call back in one week then MAYBE they would have more info. He recommended me NOT to cancel/move the cruise because I would lose my nonrefundable deposit.  He said to wait and if it was cancel RC would also offer a percentage off a future cruise because of the cancelation IF it is canceled. 

36 minutes ago, NC State said:

I called Thursdays (4/21) spent 2 hrs 15 mins on hold and spoke to 3 different people. The last person was a Supervisor. He said right now they do not have any info on this and I would need to call back in one week then MAYBE they would have more info. He recommended me NOT to cancel/move the cruise because I would lose my nonrefundable deposit.  He said to wait and if it was cancel RC would also offer a percentage off a future cruise because of the cancelation IF it is canceled. 

Thank you for the info, perhaps I will call next month.

On 4/27/2022 at 10:48 AM, NC State said:

I just logged into my Cruise Planner and it's no longer showing Dry Dock. But the Deluxe Drink Package for 2 adults is $1,123.36 🥵

From what I've read that price is accurate.

Got two Emails today, both the 7 day Western Caribbean and the 14 day TA to Barcelona are cancelled.  Said Serenade will be sailing out of Copenhagen as of 5/7/23.  Guess they expect politics to be settled by then.  Was offered the Vision going from Ft Lauderdale to Baltimore as a substitute.  I will be getting my deposits back.

12 hours ago, mugtech said:

Got two Emails today, both the 7 day Western Caribbean and the 14 day TA to Barcelona are cancelled.  Said Serenade will be sailing out of Copenhagen as of 5/7/23.  Guess they expect politics to be settled by then.  Was offered the Vision going from Ft Lauderdale to Baltimore as a substitute.  I will be getting my deposits back.

Serenade will replace Voyager in Copenhagen.