Cheers Package

Gambler458

They ran a special about 2 years ago (right before the pandemic) where it was 20% off if you purchased it online. And that was 20% off the already 10% "discounted" pre-purchase price. But I've only seen that once and wouldn't count on it happening again.

51 minutes ago, ray98 said:

No.....they ran some included fare special when they were dying to get people on the ships after COVID but they have long dried up.

There are still some fares out there that include Cheers.  I know that my mother still has one listed in her VIFP offers.  

1 minute ago, ArchieCruise said:

There are still some fares out there that include Cheers.  I know that my mother still has one listed in her VIFP offers.  

They are all RU9 codes which is basically no discount at all.  If you do the math the fare is the same if you do the cabin on a VIFP offer and purchase Cheers separately.  I am on in 2 weeks and the RU9 code was actually more expensive than separate purchases.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

May 1st it goes to $59 a day from $51. 

Yup $8 increase per day PLUS the 18% automatic gratuity added on it making a grand total of $70.74 a day per person after May 1st. Of course individual drink prices have also gone up already and may also increase. Buy it before May 1st and if you simply drink 4 drinks a day at the Alchemy Bar you have come out even. Breakeven point is still around 5-6 cocktails and you still get all the bottled water and coffee you can drink to counteract the alcohol.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ray98 said:

They are all RU9 codes which is basically no discount at all.  If you do the math the fare is the same if you do the cabin on a VIFP offer and purchase Cheers separately.  I am on in 2 weeks and the RU9 code was actually more expensive than separate purchases.

That wasn't the case when I booked my last cruise with an RU9 code. Cheers for my wife and I wound up being about $100 more with the RU9 code than it would have been with the cheapest other code available to us at the time. This was for a 6-day cruise. They're not giving us the RU9 anymore, but if they were, I'd use it in a second.

1 hour ago, MisterOJ2 said:

That wasn't the case when I booked my last cruise with an RU9 code. Cheers for my wife and I wound up being about $100 more with the RU9 code than it would have been with the cheapest other code available to us at the time. This was for a 6-day cruise. They're not giving us the RU9 anymore, but if they were, I'd use it in a second.

I guess it depends on what other fares you are offered.  We have been getting $25 cruises since November so the RU9 never made sense.

21 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

We have not been getting any great $25 cruise deals and all RU9 offers we've had were no deal at all.  In every case it was cheaper to book the cheapest fare code available and add Cheers separately.  😞

All the deals that hit my inbox or on the app are for the Conquest for 3 day booze. Not driving 18 hours for a booze cruise.

4 hours ago, MisterOJ2 said:

I did the math for our RU9 code and I found the same result as you.

They may have listened to P.T. Barnum when he said, "There is a sucker born every minute".

11 hours ago, ray98 said:

Her current offer is the RU2 code.  

41 minutes ago, ArchieCruise said:

Her current offer is the RU2 code.  

That's a fairly rare rate code right now. You can't get much better than that, and I've not seen an RU1 code In a lonnnggggg time! I'd jump on it if you were so inclined. We have that offer(RU2), but are light to moderate drinkers. But still......it's awfully tempting!