Royal's IT department strikes again -- rogue FCC email!

I just called my TA in a panic over an unexpected FCC email.  

As promised, below is your Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credit (FCC) to plan another cruise with us. We appreciate your understanding during this very fluid situation, and we hope you'll use this credit to sail with us again soon!

I'm sailing Saturday on five B2B/S2S cruises, and I was freaking out that one of them was cancelled.

This is an FCC from October 2020 that has already been used.  What the heck, Royal???  

Now to recover from the adrenaline rush!!!

• Like 2

Well, I received an email yesterday with subject:

"*Calling All Adventure Seekers* Use your Future Cruise Credit NOW".

It appears to be a new FCC certificate, and it's an amount they owe me, but this is the first time I've been notified of the FCC (and lists no related booking ID).  Plus the turnaround of the credit (if it's what they owe me) is a shockingly short 19 days.

I did check it via the "Check my Future Cruise Credit balance" page and it comes back as valid with the correct balance.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Well, I received an email yesterday with subject:

"*Calling All Adventure Seekers* Use your Future Cruise Credit NOW".

It appears to be a new FCC certificate, and it's an amount they owe me, but this is the first time I've been notified of the FCC (and lists no related booking ID).  Plus the turnaround of the credit is a shockingly short 19 days.

I did check it via the "Check my Future Cruise Credit balance" page and it comes back as valid with the correct balance.

I didn't know they had somewhere to check FCC's. I just looked for on their FAQ page and cannot find. 

can you copy the link and paste here?

I got one of those emails too.  Thing is I never had a cruise cancelled.  I have one booked for Feb. 2023.  But it gave me 2 FCC's worth $200 each so I submitted one of those towards my next cruise.  Waiting to see if it is accepted.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I didn't know they had somewhere to check FCC's. I just looked for on their FAQ page and cannot find. 

can you copy the link and paste here?

Start a mock booking (any sailing).  After selecting the sailing, scroll down and click "Check Credit Balance". 

image.thumb.png.74559dacd132bca5674434147d4e1231.png

• Thanks 1

I take that back - mine says "Here's your Cruise with Confidence Certificate".

Dear Guest,

As promised, below is your Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credit (FCC) to plan another cruise with us. We appreciate your understanding during this very fluid situation, and we hope you'll use this credit to sail with us again soon!

I got one also.  Applied it to my Dec cruise.  Fully expect them to recall it, but you never know.  I totally know they did not catch our cruise 2 weeks ago on Explorer, so am not going to worry about it until they catch it.

• Like 2

I got one for an April 2020 cruise that was the first of seven we had cancelled over the last 2 years. FCCs have been rolling through and I had just about used them up. Applied it to our September cruise, was accepted and got an updated invoice.

Who knows if it'll stick or get "fixed" but I'll hope for the best and expect the worst.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No harm in trying

Put it on one of my Jan 2023 cruises and see what happens!  

Thanks, @Ourusualbeach, for talking me off the ledge when I first got the email, too!  I could barely even talk, and stuttered like crazy reading the email over the phone.  With five cruises in a row starting on Saturday, having any one of them get cancelled screws up the whole shebang.

I'm sure I sounded like a maniac on the phone.... "It's Brillo -- WHY DID I GET AN FCC SENT TO ME???!!!!!?????" <hyperventilating breath noises>

This is why you get a TA, folks.... I forwarded him the email, he looked it up, and sent me an answer right back.  How long would I have had to wait on hold with Royal to have them tell me the same thing?  I had my response back in my inbox within THREE MINUTES of forwarding the email to him.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

WTH are you thinking of.  You were no longer on the ledge, you were halfway to earth.🤣

LMAO -- he's not lying, folks.  

I'm surprised he could understand a word I was saying.... after my name, I'm sure it all sounded like the guy who lists the "terms and conditions" at the end of a radio advertisement that they're required to list by law, but the announcer reads them off at an incredibly fast rate (like "fine print" for the audio world), only I was stuttering in the process, like a verbal Tommy gun!   Poor guy probably felt violated after hanging up the phone!  LOL

Oddly enough, I'm fine in an ACTUAL emergency -- I can do chest compressions (CPR) on an actual human while carrying on a conversation with the people around me.  But you potentially mess with my cruise schedule, and I'm a blathering idiotic mess!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I got that email yesterday for a very nice sized FCC. I sent it to my TA and asked her to check on it, and if valid, please put it on my September cruise. She emailed me this morning that she had taken care of it and it was all good! 

• Like 2

Has anyone figured out what these emails are about/if they are legit? We cruise on Sunday - and it’s only cruise booked right now - but my travel agent tried to look into this random FCC & couldn’t see anything tied to me or my booking in her/Royal’s system! It’s in my name, and the “check FCC” option someone mentioned above just spins & does nothing when I try to look it up myself. Help?

1 hour ago, squale2 said:

is there someplace to call if you are expecting an FCC - I want to book but have not received an email yet. Just want to see if it is actually in process. Thanks

You need to call (and wait on hold 😞 ).  You need the booking number from the cruise that "earned" the FCC.  

They really screwed up the FCC process. It is stupid to re-issue FCCs.  It would be much simpler to issue a single FCC and it is valid until the balance is $0.  No, they void the unused portion and put it back in the queue to be re-issued as a new FCC.  🙄

• Like 1