EZ Air nightmare - help!

Lobstermobster

Agree with AZbirdmom.  Used to love EZ air, but now, with so many airline schedule changes, that 3rd man in the chain of communication just slows everything way down to an unacceptable delay.  Better these days to make independent airline reservations and work directly with airline or the online travel agency for any changes - works much quicker.

Don

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DHP1 said:

So I booked a plane ticket through EZAir and the airline change the flight time (which I know through the airline app) however, Princess has not updated there flight time on there website.

Question - should I care that Princess hasn’t notify me?  

No. What is important is that you know the actual fliggt schedule.

Just keep checking the airline web site now and then to make sure the airline did not change flight times again.

14 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

Agree with AZbirdmom.  Used to love EZ air, but now, with so many airline schedule changes, that 3rd man in the chain of communication just slows everything way down to an unacceptable delay.  Better these days to make independent airline reservations and work directly with airline or the online travel agency for any changes - works much quicker.

It is not EZAir's fault that airlines keep changing their scheduled.

Just as if you had booked direct;y with an airline, if you used EZAir for the booking check the airline's web site often to be sure the schedule has not changed.

And if it does change to an unacceptable schedule, work with the airline to get it fixed.

With the number of cruises that cruise lines cancel, the best part of EZAir is that if Princess cancels your cruise, you are not responsible for any cost of the airline ticket and are not stuck with an airline credit that must be used by a certain date.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, DHP1 said:

So I booked a plane ticket through EZAir and the airline change the flight time (which I know through the airline app) however, Princess has not updated there flight time on there website.

Question - should I care that Princess hasn’t notify me?  

8 hours ago, caribill said:

No. What is important is that you know the actual fliggt schedule.

Just keep checking the airline web site now and then to make sure the airline did not change flight times again.

I suggest contacting the airline and confirming you are, in fact, booked and confirmed on your flight(s).  I've seen posts on other threads where EZ Air failed to make timely payment to the airline and the airline cancelled the booking(s).  It may be possible that you're not hearing from Princess because the airline no longer has a booking for you, thus no need for the airline to notify Princess about your flight(s).  It can't hurt to wear a belt and suspenders...

2 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Put the airline app on your phone with notifications on and you’ll be alerted on every flight change.

What airline AP does this?

Are you referencing the paid subscription AP offered by Expert Flyer?

Edited by jagoffee

On 4/23/2022 at 9:03 AM, azbirdmom said:

After having spent hours on hold to solve other problems that Princess created already this year I said that I'm very disappointed in Princess customer service and she apologized but then said there was no way for me to contact them directly.  It definitely has not been ticketed and I will probably try one more time to contact them before I turn it over to our TA to resolve.  She's been embattled as they all have over the past couple of years and still heavily discounts so I try not to add more to her plate unless absolutely necessary.

I'm Mrs. Lobstermobster, wife of the OP, who dealt with this mess on the phone with Princess and three times the person to whom I was speaking tried to put me off and tell me not to worry, that it would all be sorted out and I would get an update. I asked if I could call the airline directly, and she said no since it was booked via EZ Air that they could only make adjustments, so imagine my surprise to see people here posting that you can go to the airline directly. Since that is the case I would ask your TA to help you sort it out if you can't get help from Princess.

And she also told me it was absolutely impossible for me to speak to their EZ Air agents. But I resisted every attempt to be put off and demanded to speak to a supervisor, not once, but all three times she tried to get me off the phone. Guess what? Somehow she was able to finally connect me with an EZ Air agent who was very nice, very helpful and had us rebooked on new flights within 30 minutes. So it can be done. I really don't enjoy being so assertive with people, but given our cruise is literally in a week I wasn't just going to sit back and wait for a magical resolution to appear. Thankfully it all worked out, but I can guarantee that there is a certain Princess representative who likely never wants to speak to me again!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

I'm Mrs. Lobstermobster, wife of the OP, who dealt with this mess on the phone with Princess and three times the person to whom I was speaking tried to put me off and tell me not to worry, that it would all be sorted out and I would get an update. I asked if I could call the airline directly, and she said no since it was booked via EZ Air that they could only make adjustments, so imagine my surprise to see people here posting that you can go to the airline directly. Since that is the case I would ask your TA to help you sort it out if you can't get help from Princess.

And she also told me it was absolutely impossible for me to speak to their EZ Air agents. But I resisted every attempt to be put off and demanded to speak to a supervisor, not once, but all three times she tried to get me off the phone. Guess what? Somehow she was able to finally connect me with an EZ Air agent who was very nice, very helpful and had us rebooked on new flights within 30 minutes. So it can be done. I really don't enjoy being so assertive with people, but given our cruise is literally in a week I wasn't just going to sit back and wait for a magical resolution to appear. Thankfully it all worked out, but I can guarantee that there is a certain Princess representative who likely never wants to speak to me again!

Yes, I know that you can actually talk to someone from the air department.  I did it last July.  I hadn't mentioned it in my earlier post but I had one other experience with EZAir post-pause that wasn't great.  I noticed about a month before our August Alaska cruise that my air hadn't ticketed so I called Princess.  I'm someone who checks both the Princess and airlines websites frequently so I was aware that the ticket hadn't been issued.  This used to happen around the 45 day mark but apparently post-pause Princess has been paying the airlines closer to 30 days prior to embarkation.  Anyway the person who answered the phone initially passed me to the airline department and they said it was set to ticket within the next 24 hours.  She then said just a sec then that she was glad I called because there was some kind of mismatch in their system and it would not have ticketed without intervention.  She said she would have it ticketed within a half hour and it was.

So they are batting 0 for 2 regarding a seamless experience for our air reservations since the cruising restart.  And I've cancelled one other air reservation in the interim.  The fares used to be consistently better than the airlines and that has not been the case in the last year, for us at least.  The EZAir system used to react within a day or two of flight changes occurring in the United systems but that's not happening any longer (my current reservation took two months before the change was reflected in EZAir and is still not ticketed).  I don't think I have ever needed to call them about air issues in the past and I used EZAir for more than two dozen cruises.  It was easy now it's a pain.

I was a big cheerleader in the past for EZAir but something is very broken right now.  As others have said if you use them, make sure you check frequently for changes AND to ensure that the ticket has been issued before your departure date.  For us the extra effort is just not worth it right now.

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

What airline AP does this?

Are you referencing the paid subscription AP offered by Expert Flyer?

No, if it’s a Delta flight put the Delta app on your phone (skymiles) and link your flight (add the confirmation number) 

You will be alerted to any changes with your flights even  if booked through  EZAir once **paid in full 

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

No, if it’s a Delta flight put the Delta app on your phone (skymiles) and link your flight (add the confirmation number) 

You will be alerted to any changes with your flights even  if booked through  EZAir once **paid in full 

Good to hear that Delta and their AP is so reliable about notifying customers of any changes to flights.  Is it correct to assume that Delta sends you an email and it is not really the AP itself?

I always add my flights to my account on American and United, but they are not always reliable about notifying you when there is a change to the flight.  I just check my flights periodically.  Sometimes they notify me and sometimes they do not.  

Thank you.

21 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Good to hear that Delta and their AP is so reliable about notifying customers of any changes to flights.  Is it correct to assume that Delta sends you an email and it is not really the AP itself?

I always add my flights to my account on American and United, but they are not always reliable about notifying you when there is a change to the flight.  I just check my flights periodically.  Sometimes they notify me and sometimes they do not.  

Thank you.

We were booked on Delta and received absolutely no notice from them. We discovered quite by accident via our Princess booking site when going to look up aspects of our upcoming travel. When we tried to pull up our flights we got an error message which prompted us to reach out to Princess. We got zero notice from Delta or Princess.

Edited by karatemom2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Thank you.

In the app itself, you’ll get push notifications and updates. It’s very accurate especially the day of travel with gate changes and delays.

My last EZAir booking was s return flight from Heathrow and I did receive an email as well from Delta when my times changed.

I recommend adding your flights to your airline accounts/apps as soon as possible. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

We were booked on Delta and received absolutely no notice from them. We discovered quite by accident via our Princess booking site when going to look up aspects of our upcoming travel. When we tried to pull up our flights we got an error message which prompted us to reach out to Princess. We got zero notice from Delta or Princess.

I fly Delta often snd once it’s connected to my Delta/Skymiles  account I have never had an issue with notifications when using EZAir either.

Did you link your flight to your Delta account? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jadn13 said:

I fly Delta often snd once it’s connected to my Delta/Skymiles  account I have never had an issue with notifications when using EZAir either.

Did you link your flight to your Delta account? 

Yes, my son did on his account. That’s the first place we looked when we kept getting the error message. The flights we had linked were just gone - the number didn’t even work. It’s like they vanished. No message, no email, no text. I assumed it was because they were booked by EZAir instead of us booking directly. 

2 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

Yes, my son did on his account. That’s the first place we looked when we kept getting the error message. The flights we had linked were just gone - the number didn’t even work. It’s like they vanished. No message, no email, no text. I assumed it was because they were booked by EZAir instead of us booking directly. 

They just failed you, that’s not great. 
I can understand why you would be wary of Delta and EZ Air then. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

In the app itself, you’ll get push notifications and updates. It’s very accurate especially the day of travel with gate changes and delays.

My last EZAir booking was s return flight from Heathrow and I did receive an email as well from Delta when my times changed.

I recommend adding your flights to your airline accounts/apps as soon as possible. 

I always add them.  Yes, the system is very good about gate changes, delays, and the status of the flight on the day of.  But not when a change that is made months ahead of time. Is it different on Delta?

11 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I always add them.  Yes, the system is very good about gate changes, delays, and the status of the flight on the day of.  But not when a change that is made months ahead of time. Is it different on Delta?

My last EzAir was changed months ahead and I was notified by Delta not Princess/Ez Air 

• Like 2

We were very lucky using EZAir for our Emerald cruise at end of March to beginning of April .  We had absolutely NO problem whatsoever!   Guess it was the luck of the draw!    We have an upcoming cruise that requires a multi-city itinerary.  I ended up using our AA miles for 1 part and booked United for return.  But this trip isn't until early & mid July, so it appears there is lots of time for a "glitch".....hope not.   Read today where the major airlines are cancelling service to smaller airports!   

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  NEVER assume Princess or the airline will notify you of flight changes.  Of all the flights on all the airlines I've taken, only once was I ever notified of a schedule change - about a week after I already rebooked the flights because I discovered the change.  Once you book the flight through EZ Air, take the locator number and go to the airline website and check, check, check it again.  Especially as it gets closer to the flight date.  Our flight in November has already been changed twice and I found it by checking and never got any communication from Princess or AA.  I was checking every 2 weeks, now it's weekly and will be every couple of days as time progresses.   I fully expect more changes as time goes on.

• Like 1

I agree EZAir and Princess air reps are both nightmares!
After reading all the above posts I got on a chat with AA to see when they will ticket my flights.  They said the ‘travel agency” (Princess??) should issue my ticket!  Princess told me that AA had been paid.  AA confirmed that they have been paid.  I’ll call Princess in the morning and demand my ticket!  I’d like to try to get the seat back that I asked for last July!  I’d also like to change my return flight which I’ve been trying to do since before the 45 day deadline… 

4 hours ago, Jessejo said:

I agree EZAir and Princess air reps are both nightmares!
After reading all the above posts I got on a chat with AA to see when they will ticket my flights.  They said the ‘travel agency” (Princess??) should issue my ticket!  Princess told me that AA had been paid.  AA confirmed that they have been paid.  I’ll call Princess in the morning and demand my ticket!  I’d like to try to get the seat back that I asked for last July!  I’d also like to change my return flight which I’ve been trying to do since before the 45 day deadline… 

Save yourself the phone call.

Airline tickets no longer physically exist.

Instead of a physical ticket, you will have a boarding pass that you can print out the day before your flight or at the airport.

If AA has been paid, then your ticket number would be available on the AA web site or via phone to AA.

For those who are talking about downloading the airline app to receive notifications.  That is a great way to stay notified, but not the only way.  You can log into your account on your preferred airline.  Pull up your reservation and once there look for "one time notification".   type in your flight number and put either your phone # for txt notifications' or email for notifications.  Either way you will be covered.  If you have more than one leg on your flight you put in each flight # to receive the notifications.  You will receive notifications of delays, gate changes, or canx.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Save yourself the phone call.

Airline tickets no longer physically exist.

Instead of a physical ticket, you will have a boarding pass that you can print out the day before your flight or at the airport.

If AA has been paid, then your ticket number would be available on the AA web site or via phone to AA.

I did an online chat with AAAdvantage last night and was told that my flight had been paid for and that Princess would have to ticket me.  I want to change my seat back to my original selection .  And, will try to change my return flight.  I have to have a ticket number!  Am on hold now for EZAir, which will take at least an hour…

47 minutes ago, Jessejo said:

I did an online chat with AAAdvantage last night and was told that my flight had been paid for and that Princess would have to ticket me.  I want to change my seat back to my original selection .  And, will try to change my return flight.  I have to have a ticket number!  Am on hold now for EZAir, which will take at least an hour…

There is no ticket number. Refer to your airline confirmation number.  Seat selection are done by the airline, not by Princess. Flight cancellation and flight changes  are done by Princess. 

1 minute ago, DHP1 said:

There is no ticket number. Refer to your airline confirmation number.  Seat selection are done by the airline, not by Princess. Flight cancellation and flight changes  are done by Princess. 

I should be able to select my seat if I can access my booking - thru my ticket number.  Princess is supposed to issue my ticket according to AA.