Speciality dining and Chefs Table.

govanguy

53 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

I bought the 3 table tour with the Chef’s table, but I didn’t see any link to make a reservation, guess I’ll go look again.  

Don't spend time looking.

There is no way to book online.  As mentioned upthread, just head to the table(s) where they are booking when you embark and secure the booking(s).

10 hours ago, crusinbanjo said:

So……..  What if you bought the dining package that includes the Chef’s Table, then when on board, it is all booked out.  What happens then?

2 hours ago, Leo_On_Geo said:

Doesn't happen because you can book BEFORE you board....

1 hour ago, crusinbanjo said:

I bought the 3 table tour with the Chef’s table, but I didn’t see any link to make a reservation, guess I’ll go look again.  

13 minutes ago, Leo_On_Geo said:

I don’t believe there is a way to make reservations online. All my previous experience is that reservations are made on board. So if they are selling the premium dining and it seems from your experience they are, and if you get on board and there are no reservations available, which was your original question,  then they would refund you money. 

🤔🤨😕

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

You CANNOT book before you board! You can purchase the package, but have to wait until you board to reserve the tables.

That seems odd that they will over sell in advance of the cruise.  Personally I would be pretty disappointed if after spending $$$ for a selection of special restaurants and then have them tell me sorry, there is no space left.  

26 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

That seems odd that they will over sell in advance of the cruise.  Personally I would be pretty disappointed if after spending $$$ for a selection of special restaurants and then have them tell me sorry, there is no space left.  

Don’t worry. They will find you space. But it is wise to head to the reservation table (usually outside of Windows Cafe) soon after boarding).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2023 at 7:51 AM, crusinbanjo said:

They know how many Chef's Tables were pre-sold before boarding begins and hold seats for them. But, you still want to go to make your reservation as soon as you board so you can get the date and cuisine you prefer.

1 minute ago, manc said:

On Journey we were told that someone was not specifically employed to ensure that they have more chefs tables on each cruise so offering a choice of cuisine and evenings

Now employed