Miracle done in Long Beach?

pc_load_letter

Was just watching Doug Parker with Cruise News Today and he indicated that the Miracle would be home porting in SF after it's Alaska cruise season.

Kinda bummed, I enjoyed Miracle out of Long Beach. So that leaves Radiance and Pano?

Has anyone read or heard of a ship to replace Miracle in Long Beach?

Well LB used to have the Imagination and Inspiration doing Ensenada Catalina 3 and 4 day trips  and had the Miracle doing 7 day trips.

Now, the Radiance does 3 and 4 day trips and Panorama does the 7 night trip so yes, 1 less ship.  

22 minutes ago, txcruiser1234 said:

We're booked on the Miracle Feb 2023 from Long Beach to Hawaii... so I hope this is still valid as our air is already booked.

Our Cruise Manager still has Long Beach as the embarkation/debarkation city.

Cruise ships move around.  I am sure that cruise to Hawaii from LB is still good, I wouldn't see why not.

15 minutes ago, HB.Blake said:

Cruise ships move around.  I am sure that cruise to Hawaii from LB is still good, I wouldn't see why not.

Agreed. I would hope they would not change an embarkation port just nine months out. I just looked up some articles and they talk about the Alaska May-Sept 2022 season from San Fran on Miracle, which is apparently a new thing for Carnival. I think (hope) Miracle is still just reverting back to Long Beach after it's Alaska season. New bookings for the early 2023 Hawaii itinerary from Long Beach have not been available on carnival.com for a couple of weeks now, but I still can see the shorter Mexico itineraries during this period from Long Beach on Miracle. I would assume they would have notified us by now if the Hawaii itinerary was changing...we shall see...

---

Carnival Miracle originally was supposed to begin sailing out of San Francisco in March 2020:

(I had 2 Carnival Miracle bookings out of San Francisco in May and September 2020 that were cancelled due to covid.)

---

Edited by RSS from SF

2 hours ago, txcruiser1234 said:

We're booked on the Miracle Feb 2023 from Long Beach to Hawaii... so I hope this is still valid as our air is already booked.

There has been no recent change to the Carnival Miracle schedule.  It will sail out of Long Beach for half the year (including February 2023 and February 2024) and San Francisco the other half of the year.    You can see the ship's entire current schedule from now until January 2025 with a quick search on VTG, takes all of 20 seconds.

15 minutes ago, JLee1973 said:

The Miracle has always been planned to go out SF for a period of time. It will still have some sailings out of LB. None of this is new news.

The only thing the pandemic changed was that San Diego was dropped for Long Beach.  Miracle had always been scheduled to rotate around San Diego (now Long Beach), San Francisco, and Seattle, sailing a combination of Mexican Riviera, Hawaiian, and Alaskan itineraries.

Departures from SF are nice but if you dont like alot of motion in the ocean then the returns are not so nice.  Is usually a bit rough last two days on the return portion due to the Alaska Current running North to South.  Found this out firsthand on our cruise a few years back.

Hope this is not too off topic but I was looking at the Miracle to Hawaii for April 6 2024 out of Long Beach and they only have guaranteed and obstructed balconies listed.  Can all the other balconies be already sold this early?

51 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Hope this is not too off topic but I was looking at the Miracle to Hawaii for April 6 2024 out of Long Beach and they only have guaranteed and obstructed balconies listed.  Can all the other balconies be already sold this early?

They certainly can. Even the Suites are completely sold out on all 3 of the Hawaii 2024 departures. These are extremely popular cruises it seems for the moneyed, near retired or fully retired group. There is always a huge contingent of Platinum/Diamond cruisers. If Miracle stays in the West Coast Theater, then there should be 2 additional sailings offered around the Oct/Nov 2024 time frame. The only thing you can do right now is opt for the Jan/Feb 2024 sailings where there still are some balconies/extended balconies available.

The other thing to do is watch the sailing you want like a hawk and hope for a cancellation of the type stateroom you want.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kdr69 said:

Departures from SF are nice but if you dont like alot of motion in the ocean then the returns are not so nice.  Is usually a bit rough last two days on the return portion due to the Alaska Current running North to South.  Found this out firsthand on our cruise a few years back.

That, plus the wind can be VERY STRONG, pretty much relegating everyone to the interior of the ship on those last two days. That's even true for Los Angeles and San Diego departures coming up from Cabo San Lucas, the difference being the exposure to the south bound current being limited to just the last day as you head north from Cabo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, txcruiser1234 said:

We are on the Miracle April 2023 to Alaska

Miracle will still alternate between Long Beach and San Francisco.  Miracle out of San Francisco was our first pandemic cancellation (April 2020) so she was on this schedule prior to the pandemic. 

We are now booked out of San Francisco on Miracle June 30th.  Looking at her schedule, after Alaska, she will be in San Francisco for the summer, returning to Long Beach in October. 

13 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

Miracle will still alternate between Long Beach and San Francisco.  Miracle out of San Francisco was our first pandemic cancellation (April 2020) so she was on this schedule prior to the pandemic. 

We are now booked out of San Francisco on Miracle June 30th.  Looking at her schedule, after Alaska, she will be in San Francisco for the summer, returning to Long Beach in October. 

You'll be getting onboard right after we get off. We are on the 20 June sailing.