INSPIRE TEST RECOMMENDED ON NCL SITE

I am an older person, not cell phone savvy. Just the basics. 😁

When you leave the test to sit for 15 minutes how does the iPhone stay on? Mine goes to sleep /screen goes dark after a few minutes of inactivity. 

Thank you  for  your assistance. 

Edited by drumming cruisers
  • Like 1

When I did the Navica-proctored test the screen stayed active.  They put up a screen that runs a timer and I believe is enough to keep the screen active.  The test is actually run through a browser window.

I too have my iphone set to go off after a few min of inactivity but during the Inspire test it stayed on the entire time.

I just used Inspire for our Bermuda cruise on 04/15. It’s very easy you’ll do fine with it. 

• Thanks 1

Great question!  I am scheduled to take mine this evening and I wondered the same thing....Thank you to those of you that responded.  I do not have a computer at home and need to use my iphone also.  I worried about being disconnected from the zoom call.  

• Like 1

I used my Motorola Android phone and my husband used his iphone. We did not have any problems with the tests. You do not need to have a lap top or other PC. I think hallux is correct that the timer keeps your phone active. Neither one of us had a problem and both of our phones normally go dark pretty quickly. 

I was surprised how easy it was. One thing that I think really helped was using a small tri-pod to hold the phone. We used a cheap one that we got at either Five Below or another bargain store that is in our area. Neither one of us can remember exactly which store we got it at, but it was inexpensive and made things so easy on test day. We set it up on our dining room table. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TSUmom said:

Great question!  I am scheduled to take mine this evening and I wondered the same thing....Thank you to those of you that responded.  I do not have a computer at home and need to use my iphone also.  I worried about being disconnected from the zoom call.  

Please let me know how it went!

3 hours ago, drumming cruisers said:

I registered to have the test 2 days before our cruise. . Do i call Inspire at that time to start the testing, or do they call us? 

I just watched the video and don't see a phone number. 

Thanks. 

I received an email today reminding me about my test and it has a link to "join video meeting".  If you have registered then you can also log into your account and there should be a link thee also.  I had to download the zoom app and my daughter told me to make sure I had the camera and sound button turned on in the app.  i looked at her confused so she did it for me.  

• Like 1

I did this test last Sunday.

Use the reminder email to click the link to do your testing session.  Make sure you do it at least 5 minutes prior, as you'll need to follow the prompts to install Zoom on your phone/PC/laptop if it's not already there (it's easy, don't worry).  Thereafter, you'll see the person on the video when it's time for your test.  Have your device in a position so they can see you from the elbows up.  They'll walk you through the testing, swabbing, etc, then leave for 10 minutes with video running.  They'll come back to see the results and send you the email (and text) with the PDF file of your results that you can print and share with whomever needs to see it. 

It's a breeze.

• Like 1

Note, if you have a laptop and zoom already loaded, the link will bypass the usual screen where you can adjust your camera before "joining" the meeting. I clicked in about 5 minutes early to set up the visual and the lady instantly appeared, ready to go! 

She was unbothered that we were early. I was slightly bothered that I had to do all the moving the computer around to focus on two people steps with her just sitting there watching. But it went well and fast.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, rjm11 said:

Can all 4 people in my family test at the same time in one zoom call? Or do we have to do it one at a time?

I also have this question. We have three people testing and I had to make three separate appointments but could we all just do it at once on the call?

@CleverUserNameHere and @rjm11

Yes.  You do not need multiple appointments if you are all together.  They can proctor all of you at the same time in one session.  We did it this way for two of us back in March.

In June there are 5 of us, but we cannot be in the same place two days before due to travel arrangements, so we have three appointments to cover 5 ppl (2 - 2 - 1)

Edited by JandC_Cruising
  • Like 2

We're leaving early, will be in Barcelona 3 days prior to cruise to do some touring. Haven't registered yet as I read on Cruise Critic we needed to make an appointment. I'm unsure what we'll be doing & when with the 6 hour difference. Can I make an appointment quickly, say for later in the same day?

2 hours ago, FlatFooted Freda said:

We're leaving early, will be in Barcelona 3 days prior to cruise to do some touring. Haven't registered yet as I read on Cruise Critic we needed to make an appointment. I'm unsure what we'll be doing & when with the 6 hour difference. Can I make an appointment quickly, say for later in the same day?

I was just on the site looking for appointments for Thursday and Friday and there were a lot of times available.  The times are stated in US Eastern Time so keep that in mind…the time difference may limit what you can pick.  Happy sailing.

On 4/30/2022 at 6:36 PM, styles27 said:

I too have my iphone set to go off after a few min of inactivity but during the Inspire test it stayed on the entire time.

I just used Inspire for our Bermuda cruise on 04/15. It’s very easy you’ll do fine with it. 

So glad I saw your post. I was wondering if the inspire test was acceptable for Bermuda travel authorization. I’m going this summer on Joy. Did you upload vaccine cards to Bermuda site a few weeks ahead, then add test result 2 days before embarking?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, drbeamer said:

So glad I saw your post. I was wondering if the inspire test was acceptable for Bermuda travel authorization. I’m going this summer on Joy. Did you upload vaccine cards to Bermuda site a few weeks ahead, then add test result 2 days before embarking?

Hi,

Yes I did.
We booked our 04/15/2022 cruise around 03/22/2022 and I immediately registered for our Bermuda TA that day. I uploaded our vaccination cards and paid the $40 fee. 
When I purchased the Inspire tests I made our test appts for early in the morning so we would have plenty of time for our results to come back and for Bermuda to approve our authorization. 
So we sailed on a Friday and our tests were 8:30 am Wednesday morning. We were able to take the tests at the same time which was great. The entire call took less than 20 min. 
I uploaded our results to the Bermuda site by 9:00am and had our approvals by 9:32am. 
I think it paid off to get our test results in as early in the day as possible. Less stressful that’s for sure!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, styles27 said:

Hi,

Yes I did.
We booked our 04/15/2022 cruise around 03/22/2022 and I immediately registered for our Bermuda TA that day. I uploaded our vaccination cards and paid the $40 fee. 
When I purchased the Inspire tests I made our test appts for early in the morning so we would have plenty of time for our results to come back and for Bermuda to approve our authorization. 
So we sailed on a Friday and our tests were 8:30 am Wednesday morning. We were able to take the tests at the same time which was great. The entire call took less than 20 min. 
I uploaded our results to the Bermuda site by 9:00am and had our approvals by 9:32am. 
I think it paid off to get our test results in as early in the day as possible. Less stressful that’s for sure!

Thank you very much….feeling relieved that the process works. 

• Like 1