Business class to Alaska?

I wonder if they're offering a decently-priced upgrade to biz or at least PE?

BTW, Jeb, this is research I'm doing as a contingency against cancelling Copenhagen.  We have to decide this coming week, and cancellation seems increasingly likely.

• 3 weeks later...

We recently got back from Vancouver.  There are not many nonstop flights to DFW from there, so we booked our own business class seats instead of messing with trying to upgrade with Regent.  In the past we have found it cheaper to buy our own business class seats than upgrading with Regent. 

27 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

We recently got back from Vancouver.  There are not many nonstop flights to DFW from there, so we booked our own business class seats instead of messing with trying to upgrade with Regent.  In the past we have found it cheaper to buy our own business class seats than upgrading with Regent. 

Me too, but Anchorage is a problem, since we live in Toronto.  If it was just return to Vancouver it wouldn't be a problem.  (It's all pie in the sky right now anyways, we have nothing booked, just dreaming at this point.)

We always do our own air.  But business class/first class to Alaska is not great.  Just domestic first class for a really long flight.  We try to end in Vancouver rather than anchorage for that reason.

• Like 1

Domestic first class is far from great, rather it Is like coach used to be in most respects. But some of us don’t like basic economy at all — often for medical reasons. IMHO nobody who books on Regent. Wants to be relegated to the cattle car known as basic economy. Problem may be that domestic airlines fail to devote enough cabin spade to domestic first to accommodate demand,

Edited by Dolebludger
  • Like 1

Just now, Dolebludger said:

Domestic first class is far from great, rather it Is like coach used to be in most respects. But some of us don’t like basic economy at all — fortnight for medical reasons. IMHO nobody who books on Regent. Wants to be relegated to the cattle car known as basic economy. Problem may be that domestic airlines fail to devote enough cabin spade to domestic first to accommodate demand,

19 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Okay, I'll revive this one more time.  Does anyone have recent experience upgrading their North American flights through Regent to Business/Domestic First to Alaska (i.e., Vancouver, Seward?)

Yes

Regent upcharge from Economy to First Class, Florida to Anchorage: $699 per person, each way.

Booked this two months ago.  Air Deviation department allowed flights on United or Delta.  Flights are predominately on 737 aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wendy, for our recent Mariner cruise, we paid $899CAD for business class upgrade (through Regent) from SFO to YYZ. It was AC and a 787 Dreamliner with proper business class lay flat seats etc. For us, it was worth the extra $ given the length of the flight.  

The other option for us would have been to use our AC Elite status and use our upgrade credits for business class…but that only works if there are empty seats available and sometimes the upgrade doesn’t happen until you are at the gate.  So this time, we didn’t want to take that chance.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RachelG said:

We always do our own air.  But business class/first class to Alaska is not great.  Just domestic first class for a really long flight.  We try to end in Vancouver rather than anchorage for that reason.

Well, one way or another we would have to fly between Anchorage and Vancouver (or Seattle I guess), so it would depend on the flight schedules, which direction would suit us best.  Of course, ideally we'd do a back-to-back roundtrip Vancouver, ha ha! It's all moot right now, since I don't think we'll be doing this.  

6 hours ago, Sunprince said:

Wendy, for our recent Mariner cruise, we paid $899CAD for business class upgrade (through Regent) from SFO to YYZ. It was AC and a 787 Dreamliner with proper business class lay flat seats etc. For us, it was worth the extra $ given the length of the flight.  

The other option for us would have been to use our AC Elite status and use our upgrade credits for business class…but that only works if there are empty seats available and sometimes the upgrade doesn’t happen until you are at the gate.  So this time, we didn’t want to take that chance.  

Yeah, we did the SF to Vancouver ten years ago, and that was great.  And we've flown the Dreamliner to L.A. and it was truly wonderful.  If it was just YYZ<->YVR I'd do it on points, it's Anchorage that's the problem. 

But pretty well decided we can't do it, so thanks all!