Harmony 5pm Early Dining?

We're booked on the Harmony for the 6/12/22 sailing and our Main Seating dining time is 5pm. That's pretty early in comparison with all our past cruises. It appears My Time Dining wouldn't start until 630pm, so switching to that might be out of the question. Anyone with recent experience that had 5pm Main Seating? What's the grace period for showing up?

6 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Hopefully that would be for a two top. I would hate to sit at a large table waiting 15 minutes for the last party to show up. 

Agree, at min better have own Table. Then if your Group is at own Table it can slow down other Tables service with same Wait Staff. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

Does anyone know where they seat each dining time? We have 5:00 dining on one of our upcoming Harmony cruises, but friends on the same sailing have 5:15 for a dining time. Do they stagger entry for early/late dining? Or are those separate dining rooms/floors/etc?

Just now, owensamo said:

We have 5:00 dining on one of our upcoming Harmony cruises, but friends on the same sailing have 5:15 for a dining time

That's pretty unusual as early dining is usually fixed to one time. With traditional dining you have a fixed table where you sit each night. The app usually lists which deck is used for each type of dining.

7 minutes ago, owensamo said:

Does anyone know where they seat each dining time? We have 5:00 dining on one of our upcoming Harmony cruises, but friends on the same sailing have 5:15 for a dining time. Do they stagger entry for early/late dining? Or are those separate dining rooms/floors/etc?

That's odd. All of the recent compasses that I have seen for Harmony list early dining as 5pm. 

55 minutes ago, dcgrumpy said:

That's odd. All of the recent compasses that I have seen for Harmony list early dining as 5pm. 

We thought it was odd too. We both have traditional dining, with different times showing in the app. I guess we'll figure it out once we get on the ship!

When we booked early dining said 5:30.  I believe once we got on the ship it said either 5:00 or 5:15.  We usually showed around 5:15 but no later than 5:30 and were far from the last ones to arrive or to clear the dining room. 

We just got off Harmony on Sunday and our extended family (which included two kids) had the 5:00pm seating and it was a bit too early so we ended up eating in the WJ and absolutely no complaints it was great !!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FusionMJM said:

We're booked on the Harmony for the 6/12/22 sailing and our Main Seating dining time is 5pm. That's pretty early in comparison with all our past cruises. It appears My Time Dining wouldn't start until 630pm, so switching to that might be out of the question. Anyone with recent experience that had 5pm Main Seating? What's the grace period for showing up?

We used to eat that early but often times wound up taking a nap after and missing activities. For some reason eating later on cruise ship keeps us up dancing and into activities. Just an observation from boomers retirees!

We do early MDR on family cruises (wife's parents like to eat early and have 2 young nieces) and it works for us b/c it leaves plenty of time to go to WJ after for more dinner/dessert. 😋