boarding passes

oilsand

Printing out boarding passes replaced by your Medallion and info on the Medallion App.  At Fort Lauderdale after entering the terminal, you check in by "tapping" your Medallion at the kiosk, go through the xray for what you hand carry,  go to kiosk where they verify your Covid test and vaccination card and then straight to either the waiting lounge or onto ship depending on how early you check in.  So easy.  Have only used terminals at Fort Lauderdale so far.

• Like 3

We don't have the medallion app. and have no plan to get a phone to do this. Wonder how all this check in stuff will work for us. TA said it is doable just need to do everything in person. We will miss out on the free WiFi though in our cabin.

6 hours ago, oilsand said:

it appears that princess has eliminated boarding passes ?????

Is that correct

The Medallion has replaced the boarding pass.  When you scan the Medallion onboard, it puts your photo on the screen of security personnel and other staff members.  Since you are in Canada, the Medallion cannot be mailed to you, you need to pick it up at the terminal at check-in.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

We don't have the medallion app. and have no plan to get a phone to do this. Wonder how all this check in stuff will work for us. TA said it is doable just need to do everything in person. We will miss out on the free WiFi though in our cabin.

You can enter much of your information on the website now.  You will need to bring hard copies of your necessary documents with you to the terminal.  Whether or not you have the Medallion App, would have no effect on having WiFi available in your cabin.  (Plus, a lot of the Medallion App features can be accessed through your cabin television.)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

The fact  is  that once on board you can access all the features of the Medallion app through your cabin TV.

No idea what you mean about WiFi - what has that got to do with the app ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

You can enter much of your information on the website now.  You will need to bring hard copies of your necessary documents with you to the terminal.  Whether or not you have the Medallion App, would have no effect on having WiFi available in your cabin.  (Plus, a lot of the Medallion App features can be accessed through your cabin television.)

Thanks, we are just not tech savvy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The fact  is  that once on board you can access all the features of the Medallion app through your cabin TV.

No idea what you mean about WiFi - what has that got to do with the app ?

Read we needed the medallion app. for movies or in my husbands case news, yuck I avoid news whenever possible on vacation. Thanks for responding.

5 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Read we needed the medallion app. for movies or in my husbands case news, yuck I avoid news whenever possible on vacation. Thanks for responding.

You just watch movies and the news on the TV in your cabin in the normal way. However, with the app you can watch the in-house movies on your portable device anywhere in the ship. (Not that I would bother !) 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

We checked in at the pier without having used the app. They handed us the medallion which we used for unlocking our cabin door and checking out in ports. We didn't use the medallion for anything else. There is no free WiFi it's a daily charge which I prepaid for my laptop.

23 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

We checked in at the pier without having used the app. They handed us the medallion which we used for unlocking our cabin door and checking out in ports. We didn't use the medallion for anything else. There is no free WiFi it's a daily charge which I prepaid for my laptop.

If you have princess plus, the wifi is included.  May be what they are referring to. 😉

59 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Thanks, we are just not tech savvy.

I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise just the same as before the Medallion Class.  You only need the Medallion itself as it replaces the old type of key card, otherwise you don't need the app at all.  I've read that if you prefer to use the key card you can still get one at Guest Services once onboard the ship.

3 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

You can also do most (but not all) online using the web-based version.

If you don't know how to find it: after you log in online, click on your cruise (Manage this booking). Scroll down just a little. Under the logos for "App Store" & "Google Play" you'll see "try our web version". It's easy to miss...almost like they don't want you to notice it.🤫

When you click on "web version", you'll need to log in...again. No one said they brilliant programmers.

Good Luck!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

You can also do most (but not all) online using the web-based version.

If you don't know how to find it: after you log in online, click on your cruise (Manage this booking). Scroll down just a little. Under the logos for "App Store" & "Google Play" you'll see "try our web version". It's easy to miss...almost like they don't want you to notice it.🤫

When you click on "web version", you'll need to log in...again. No one said they brilliant programmers.

Good Luck!!

I have tried doing the web version, the circle keeps spinning and spinning and beside it it says loading, nothing happens even after an hour, have tried many times still the same.

Marlster

5 hours ago, Marlster said:

I have tried doing the web version, the circle keeps spinning and spinning and beside it it says loading, nothing happens even after an hour, have tried many times still the same.

Marlster

Which web browser and version are you using? Do you have javascript turned on?