Platinum loyalty gifts? Does Carnival still do this?

Yes, Platinum members get a special gift. Right now it's a a flexible thing you can wrap around a can like a coozie, plus a pin with the ship's name and Platinum on it. Nothing like it used to be. And you have to go to Pixels to pick these up, and go to a bar to pick up your large bottle of water. Plus you no longer get priority boarding. Or any kind of special treatment just because you're Platinum or Diamond. Oh, yeah, Guest Services has a special Platinum and Diamond line to register your complaints so you can be treated in a dismissive manner more quickly than the other passengers, at least on the Dream.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

19 minutes ago, nlktx49 said:

Yes, Platinum members get a special gift. Right now it's a a flexible thing you can wrap around a can like a coozie, plus a pin with the ship's name and Platinum on it. Nothing like it used to be. And you have to go to Pixels to pick these up, and go to a bar to pick up your large bottle of water. Plus you no longer get priority boarding. Or any kind of special treatment just because you're Platinum or Diamond. Oh, yeah, Guest Services has a special Platinum and Diamond line to register your complaints so you can be treated in a dismissive manner more quickly than the other passengers, at least on the Dream.

I hope you make it through this tragic time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Guest BasicSailor

I asked my Platinum friend if he received his Will Smith special yet. It made for a nice Koozie chuckle 🤣

Edited by BasicSailor

Actually had "Priority boarding" for the first time on 3/3/22 with DH when he flashed his cane. No Platinum priority boarding in NOLA. The Platinum "gift" was a  "Photo Album". It will be in my  next yard sale. The "koozie" is much more useful. BTW - we showed up for "Priority Embarkation". No one else did.

Just now, wikoffclan said:

Actually had "Priority boarding" for the first time on 3/3/22 (after 3 prior post-Covid cruises) with DH when he flashed his cane. No Platinum priority boarding in NOLA. The Platinum "gift" was a  "Photo Album". It will be in my  next yard sale. The "koozie" is much more useful. BTW - we showed up for "Priority Embarkation". No one else did.

6 hours ago, nlktx49 said:

I gave you a "haha" on your post, but while funny it is also true.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Carla in Texas 61 said:

I am so sorry, I've searched and can't find this.

Does carnival still give Platinum and Diamond members a special logo gift?

We've recd blue tooth speakers, Tervis tumblers etc.

Thank you in advance.

In truth the answer is no. They give you some junk in order to be able to say you got a gift, but plastic luggage tags are nothing like blue tooth speakers or Tervis tumblers.

Five cruises since reopening and five plastic luggage tags for each of us.

I know;  it is crass of me to notice. And in truth we have already stocked our house and our three sons' houses with Carnival tumblers so the lack of continuing that tradition is not missed by us.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nlktx49 said:

Make it fun getting your free. Make it like a scavenger hunt.

we never got our chocolate covered strawberries,(call room service) or the water. Had a twelve pack and didnt need it

I like the spring loaded can cozy. It will adjust to smaller and larger than 12 oz drink cans, it packs flat, and can be used as a mouse pad in a pinch. I don't know why, but we have received a nice gift on every sailing from blue card on. Favorites are the speaker, headphones, wood box stationary kit, Teves cups, blanket, and all time favorite an automatic night light.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Is there still a special cocktail party (of course I'm talking about free drinks :))

They had one on the Legend in March.  All you drink for an hour, but they eliminated the small finger foods/appetizers.  Also, no contests to win prizes either.

3 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

They had one on the Legend in March.  All you drink for an hour, but they eliminated the small finger foods/appetizers.  Also, no contests to win prizes either.

Thanks, am going on a 10 day so will expect one!

• Like 1