Live from Voyager in the Baltic

Beautiful sunny day here in Copenhagen. Boarded Voyager this morning. They were not checking your book in time. We were asked at check in to show the paper copies of vaccine cert, boarding pass etc.. I said everything had been uploaded and accepted on the app. Told she needed to see the actual documents to be sure what we uploaded were genuine.   Nothing in the terminal other than the security and check in desks.  No one was wearing masks other than staff.  Same on ship very few wearing masks. My husband and I will in crowed areas such as theatre etc..  Asked at checking how many on board this trip - 2,000

On board at 12.  Windjammer looking good.  Seems some parts of the ship renovated while others not.  We are in a balcony cabin on the deck 6. Pretty worn looking. No USB charge points. 2 USA and 1 European sockets. 

Paper planner in cabin.  We have refreshment package but no soda flasks in cabin. We had to go search them out.  Our excursion tickets ditto had to go get them printed out at Shore Excursions desk.  No Diamond drinks vouchers so going to ask at loyalty desk for them. 

One big change.  As soon as we boarded sent to muster station to check in.  This was before we got our sea passes. Seems that is all there is now no having to watch anything on the TV or app!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your live update. I really appreciate it. 
Will be sailing on Voyager by the end of this month. Look forward to updates 🙂

Concerned about they asked for Covid documents by paper. In Denmark we have all vaccine documents/Corona passports on app. 

@astangenes I don’t know if everyone was being asked for the paper backup documents but we were.  Seemed strange when we had already uploaded to the app.

Thanks @mo&fran we just visited the Loyalty Ambassador and discovered the 4 drinks are on the sea pass card.  The 24 hour surf internet is still a Diamond perk as well as the free photo on formal night.  The cabin steward had forgotten to leave our welcome letter which had the details about the vouchers.  The soda flasks now have to be picked up at a bar they are not left in your cabin.

There is a Diamond lounge on Voyager. 

CORRECTION:  I gave the wrong total for passengers on board.  We asked the Loyalty lady - she looked it up and said it is only 1,099  which is quite low. 

They held the sail away party Deck 5 on the Promenade.  It was 16c and sunny out on deck but I think they had expected it to be cold. 

The internet is very slow.  

Edited by marielco
  • Like 2

@adam7392 yes they asked for the Covid test result certificate.  We had flown into Copenhagen three days before the cruise so had to get tested 2 days ago in the city.  We only needed an antigen quick test as we are fully vaccinated.  They were definitely checking the test results. 

Edited by marielco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, marielco said:

@adam7392 yes asked for the Covid test result certificate.  We had flown into Copenhagen three days before the cruise so had to get tested 2 days ago in the city.  We only needed an antigen quick test as we are fully vaccinated.  They were definitely checking the test results. 

Where did you get it in the city? Wevare staying near Stroget

• Like 2

If you need to get an Antigen or PCR test in Copenhagen they can be done at the airport.  But there is a clinic “Copenhagen Medical” near the Norreport metro station.  The address is : Norre Voldgade 106 

the cost was 145 kroner for the quick test, 495 kroner for the PCR with result in 24 hours but they would do it in 1 to 3 hours for 795 kroner.  We found them very efficient. 

Edited by marielco
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, marielco said:

If you need to get an Antigen or PCR test in Copenhagen they can be done at the airport.  But there is a clinic “Copenhagen Medical” near the Norreport metro station.  The address is : Norre Voldgade 106 

the cost was 145 kroner for the quick test, 495 kroner for the PCR with result in 24 hours but they would do it in 1 to 3 hours for 795 kroner.  We found them very efficient. 

Thanks, $15 is a deal.

We arrive August 8 for a sailing on the 10th. May look into airport test. Any idea how much it was?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@astangenes the check in lady was scanning the QR codes and these are on the app version as well so I don’t see how they can need the paper version as well.  Maybe our particular check in person was just being extra efficient. 😀

• Like 2

1 minute ago, marielco said:

@astangenes the check in lady was scanning the QR codes and these are on the app version as well so I don’t see how they can need the paper version as well.  Maybe our particular check in person was just being extra efficient. 😀

Yeah maybe. We will anyway just have it on the app in 3 weeks time, so I guess it will be fine.

So I understand no Covid test at boarding? On the website / online check-in the information is not that clear 🙂

Thank you for your updates. Hope you will enjoy the cruise. So nice weather today. Must have been a good first day on board 😄 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, marielco said:

@adam7392 yes they asked for the Covid test result certificate.  We had flown into Copenhagen three days before the cruise so had to get tested 2 days ago in the city.  We only needed an antigen quick test as we are fully vaccinated.  They were definitely checking the test results. 

Where in Copenhagen did you get the test? Forget it I see 

Edited by lionheart

32 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Thanks, $15 is a deal.

We arrive August 8 for a sailing on the 10th. May look into airport test. Any idea how much it was?

I think you can get a free test at the airport.  We did not use them so not sure. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, astangenes said:

Yeah maybe. We will anyway just have it on the app in 3 weeks time, so I guess it will be fine.

So I understand no Covid test at boarding? On the website / online check-in the information is not that clear 🙂

Thank you for your updates. Hope you will enjoy the cruise. So nice weather today. Must have been a good first day on board 😄 

No Covid test on boarding. Lovely day today, great first day on board.  We enjoyed our two days in Copenhagen. Lovely city, lovely people. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, marielco said:

We have refreshment package but no soda flasks in cabin. We had to go search them out.

That is new as well, I think because so many people do not use them.  You simply go to any bar and they will give you one.  

We are on Voyager in August, so any details will be interesting!  Thanks for the updates.

7 minutes ago, flamingos said:

That is new as well, I think because so many people do not use them.  You simply go to any bar and they will give you one.  

We are on Voyager in August, so any details will be interesting!  Thanks for the updates.

When in August?