When to notify cruiseline of a no-show in party of 3

It is possible that one person in our group of three, sharing one cabin,  will be unable to cruise with us.   My questions are.... Do I need to notify cruiseline months before cruise,  OR  when we arrive at Port.  Any advice appreciated. 

5 minutes ago, CCC's said:

It is possible that one person in our group of three, sharing one cabin,  will be unable to cruise with us.   My questions are.... Do I need to notify cruiseline months before cruise,  OR  when we arrive at Port.  Any advice appreciated. 

I would let them find out when you check-in. That is what I am planning, if it happens.😉

That would depend I would imagine, on whether you all booked separately or as a group.

If separate, would imagine its up to the non cruiser.

If a group then who pays the split cost could be (probably be) the remaining two.

That's my two bobs worth.

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

That would depend I would imagine, on whether you all booked separately or as a group.

If separate, would imagine its up to the non cruiser.

If a group then who pays the split cost could be (probably be) the remaining two.

I think the fare for three people would be calculated as twin share plus one extra passenger. If the third person doesn't travel, the first two would still be charged as twin share. The difference within the group would depend on how they split up the total fare - probably divided by three. The remaining two would now be paying the full twin share rate.

• Like 1

I think either way the 2 remaining passengers are going to have to pay up the full twin share rate.

I would advise asap though, so that the person dropping out has a better chance of obtaining refunds, and the room attendants have as accurate information as possible to prepare the stateroom. Same for whatever reservations they already have in place for dining etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I think the fare for three people would be calculated as twin share plus one extra passenger. If the third person doesn't travel, the first two would still be charged as twin share. The difference within the group would depend on how they split up the total fare - probably divided by three. The remaining two would now be paying the full twin share rate.

Yep That is what I was thinking, you have said it much better.😁

A cabin is usually cheaper overall with 2 passengers than it is for 3. There might be a bit of a refund due by changing your booking, although might just be as future credit depending on how far away the cruise is.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your responses and advice.  Will take your suggestions on board (pardon the pun).

Edited by CCC's
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, losfp said:

I think either way the 2 remaining passengers are going to have to pay up the full twin share rate.

I think that, if the person dropping out has just changed their minds or other fairly minor reason for the no-show, they should still pay their share.  Especially, if the others agreed to cruise based on a three way split.