Covid cabins on Koningsdam

57redbird

4 hours ago, 57redbird said:

How far forward from aft on the port side are the cabins?  Cabin #s if possible.  We are booked in 4116 & I'm a little nervous.  TIA.

We were on her Feb. Hawaii and Mexico cruise in 4113. The doors forward and aft were shut. You had to remember to always use the mid. elevators to get to the room. It looked like no adjoining cabins were booked. For the two cruises we were onboard 4111 and 4115 were never occupied. As we were disembarking, I noticed that both were to be occupied on the next cruise.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

They run from, but not including, the aft elevator lobby to, but not including, the midship elevator lobby.

You will not be allowed to book a cabin in the quarantine area.  

We were assigned a cabin in this zone, 4124 for November. I wonder if/when they would move us.

17 hours ago, 57redbird said:

How far forward from aft on the port side are the cabins?  Cabin #s if possible.  We are booked in 4116 & I'm a little nervous.  TIA.

Currently on Koninsdam.  Just checked your cabin.  You are two cabins away from end the the hall where it "jags to continue" quarentine cabins are six away on that next jag.  Therefore you are eight cabins away firm quarantine. You can only access through midship or forward elevators to get to your cabin.  I was also on for Hawaii April 10th to April 28th.  We had over 300 people in quarantine with lots of other peoe not in quarantine but coughing.  We were on deck five middle and they moved us mid cruise as they needed that wing for additional quarantine cabins they moved us to a Neptune.  So I went back to work for a week Now now back on for May 7th to May 14th.  Coughing now amongst many passengers starts day five.  Most people not wearing masks.  On captains toast night he suggested for the viability for the cruise lines survival to wear masks.  Anyhow wear a mask.  Peoe are even crowing in elevators 10 people no masks. 

Edited by Lido deck main
Correcting autofill from right to eight cabins away
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I am also onboard - disembarking shortly. Our cabins are on deck 4. Caught a glimpse down the Covid hallway when the door was still open after food delivery. Every room had a tray in front of the door. Started to hear coughing a few days ago and I am shocked and disappointed at the lack of mask wearing. I don’t want to wear one either, but am in an effort to remain healthy. 
(we tested negative yesterday)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PoppyBanks said:

I am also onboard - disembarking shortly. Our cabins are on deck 4. Caught a glimpse down the Covid hallway when the door was still open after food delivery. Every room had a tray in front of the door. Started to hear coughing a few days ago and I am shocked and disappointed at the lack of mask wearing. I don’t want to wear one either, but am in an effort to remain healthy. 
(we tested negative yesterday)

Remember some of the cabins could be newly arrived crew that have to quarantine for several days...not sure of the exact number.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Remember some of the cabins could be newly arrived crew that have to quarantine for several days...not sure of the exact number.

That is what was explained to our group - we just off the Koningsdam this morning. Also as the crew usually share 4 to a room if one gets inflected they are moved to these cabins. I was on one side of the Q cabins and the rest of my friends were on the other side - had to use the aft elevators to get to my room.

1 hour ago, rostbp said:

Now you all got me worried.  We are going to be in 4095 in June.  Is that close to the Covid quarantine rooms?  Also, will there be only certain elevators we can use?

If you look at a deck plan, or a little math shows you even further forward, away from the quarantine area than a poster who is in 4116, which was close.

4 hours ago, Urban trekker said:

That is what was explained to our group - we just off the Koningsdam this morning. Also as the crew usually share 4 to a room if one gets inflected they are moved to these cabins. I was on one side of the Q cabins and the rest of my friends were on the other side - had to use the aft elevators to get to my room.

Hey Urban Trekker, I'm hoping you're maybe my trivia buddy. I didn't get to say bye yesterday!!

2 hours ago, rostbp said:

Now you all got me worried.  We are going to be in 4095 in June.  Is that close to the Covid quarantine rooms?  Also, will there be only certain elevators we can use?

I had staterooms 4158 and 4185, disembarked earlier today. The Covid “ward”  door was closed. They do not get issued a room card and cannot leave. I was also concerned but once aboard felt they were well contained. 

We were on the NS for 3 wk Feb-Mar. Our cabin was about 10’ from quarantine area but we’re told all unoccupied. One time as I was leaving, a couple came thru the “Staff Only” door & got on an elevator. I assume they didn’t want to walk around to starboard to reach elevators. 

Getting our 2nd booster in 10 days. Doing the RT VOV in July/Aug.

On 5/11/2022 at 6:36 PM, 57redbird said:

I see that you state that you are a little nervous.  I understand that.  Everyone has a different comfort level.  After I read post #8  made me more nervous.  Post # 8 says 300 on board were using quarantine cabins.  There had to be more unreported cases onboard and people who got sick after coming home.. I kept thinking 300 people had to have contact with so many others.  Every cruise will be different with the number of people having covid.  I am not telling you what to do.  But are you going to be able to enjoy your cruise being a little nervous about the quarantine cabins and covid on board?

I wish you the best cruise ever.  Let us know how it went.

2 hours ago, geocruiser said:

I see that you state that you are a little nervous.  I understand that.  Everyone has a different comfort level.  After I read post #8  made me more nervous.  Post # 8 says 300 on board were using quarantine cabins.  There had to be more unreported cases onboard and people who got sick after coming home.. I kept thinking 300 people had to have contact with so many others.  Every cruise will be different with the number of people having covid.  I am not telling you what to do.  But are you going to be able to enjoy your cruise being a little nervous about the quarantine cabins and covid on board?

I wish you the best cruise ever.  Let us know how it went.

I will but the cruise isn't until February.

2 hours ago, 57redbird said:

I will but the cruise isn't until February.

Good.. I missed the date.  A lot will change by then.  And if you want too , you have time to change your cabin.

Edited by geocruiser

I was on the Koningsdam May 7-14 I never saw anything about isolation cabins.  I walked all the floors over the course of the trip.  I had relatives on other floors.  We did have a fire in the trash compacting room which was contained to the trash compactor, as well as a death on our floor/hallway.  Other than that the trip was uneventful.  We tested COVID negative on Friday so that we could fly home Saturday.  The ship was pretty lax on the masking...supposedly you had to wear a mask getting on/off the ship but we never saw anyone wearing a mask at any of the ports.  I am vaccinated and work in the healthcare industry.  I am pretty ok with COVID...not the end of the world for me.