Live … Ovation of the Seas …Alaska … May 13 - May 20, 2022

Have you all noticed any lack of staff? I just saw that shore leave on the Ovation was just cancelled again due to a high number of Covid cases among the crew, so they're not allowed to leave the ship on port days.

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Before I continue I want to mention we plan to stay in Seattle until Sunday.   I have been considering to continue the review to give some insight on what to do at the Seattle port. What do you think?

6 hours ago, Wink87 said:

Hands down...YES!!!

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Another vote for you to continue this thread whilst in Seattle.

.... and another one 😁 Thanks, John 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We ordered the recommended fish and chips just for the Halibut.

I see what you did there. 🤣

I'd also love to have you cover Seattle.  We'll be there for a couple of days before our September cruise.  Still finalizing what we'll do but a Pike Place food tour is definitely on the short list.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Nice! Did you use night or pro mode to take these?

Surprisingly no. I did some but very little adjustments in the editor.  When I saw the results I thought I need to make sure OB sees them.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, rennyn said:

Have you all noticed any lack of staff? I just saw that shore leave on the Ovation was just cancelled again due to a high number of Covid cases among the crew, so they're not allowed to leave the ship on port days.

This is our 3rd cruise since start up.  On the other 2 we had ports canceled and "ghost ships" meeting at at ports to unload sick crew while we were sailing at half capacity. 

We were at almost full capacity on this ship.  There were NO indication of a problem and our waiter told us about getting off the ship at port. This is what is actually happening on board.   The only thing that was making people sick was the sea 2 days ago.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I see what you did there. 🤣

I was wondering if that was noticed.   I think it was missed when mentioning at Skagway Brewing Co.   I like throwing things like that just for the Halibut.  😆 

• Haha 5

I am so thankful we are not flying out today.  A passenger on the shared that her flight was canceled.   She said all flights to Denver were canceled.   I would hate to deal with canceled flights again.   We will see how Sunday goes.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, calestultz said:

To those who just got off this cruise and are going to a hotel: What did you do with your luggage between disembarkation and check in at your hotel?

We just dropped our luggage off at the luggage room at the hotel. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am so thankful we are not flying out today.  A passenger on the shared that her flight was canceled.   She said all flights to Denver were canceled.   I would hate to deal with canceled flights again.   We will see how Sunday goes.

Oh yeah, Now I'm having flashbacks to this past January.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2022 at 5:15 PM, RW20 said:

I am loving this review! The pictures are getting me excited for my cruise on Ovation to Alaska in August. The Ovation looks like it will keep the teenage boys well occupied!

I do have one question. I want to get an ulu (knife) in Alaska. Are you able to bring them back on the ship? I heard some cruises take them and you get a receipt to get it back at the end of the cruise and others are not allowing them and require you to have it shipped home before you board.

I bought one and literally forgot it was in my bag. Went through the scanner and was asked if I had a knife. My tired brain replied that I don’t have a knife ( was thinking weapon type knife). She then asked if I bought an ulu, I started laughing and said YES! She let it through and just said to keep it in my room. I assured her that I had no intention of cooking on this cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3