Saint Greg's Splendor - Seattle to Alaska - Live - May 24-31

Saint Greg

8 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Do you have free tokens or whatever? My email said I had two free tokens. Each of those books were one token.

No free tokens.  Bummer.  I signed up through FB so maybe that's it, I don't know.🙃

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, scoobysnacks70 said:

According to TSA you can take an unused Covid test in your carry-on or checked luggage onto a plane

12 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I've seen that. You never know though. 

DH travels with his free government test that we got in the mail. He actually had to use one recently after a possible exposure and it was most convenient. Of course, the way things go it could be confiscated next time, but it hasn't been yet, and it's been in his carry on for several months.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

DH travels with his free government test that we got in the mail. He actually had to use one recently after a possible exposure and it was most convenient. Of course, the way things go it could be confiscated next time, but it hasn't been yet, and it's been in his carry on for several months.

I once had something that was on my keychain for over 20 saints games. Then one day they confiscated it. You never know. But I'm not one that likes to put all my eggs in one basket. The test could get crushed in an overhead compartment. It could be a bad test. I've heard of people opening a test up and there being no liquid in the bottle. I saw a youtube video where something rolled off the table and fell on the ground making the test invalid. They say store it at 75 degrees. Well they shipped it when it was 95 degrees outside. Even if it is good. I'd really rather not spend 30 minutes of my Seattle time on it if I don't have to. I'd rather it be a backup plan than the only plan.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, ninjacat123 said:

I do!  I'll look into that, thanks!

Sign in using your amazon prime credentials. I think that's all I had to do. This was an email I got from them before I signed up. So maybe check your spam mail or deleted items if you don't have it.

38460D8E-8977-420A-A210-A892A21E997C.thu

On 5/16/2022 at 6:39 PM, Saint Greg said:

Some people actually expect me to be walking around with my monkey hanging around my neck. Sometimes it'll be hanging out of my pants if I didn't put it in all the way but never around my neck.

Have to be careful with monkeypox these days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 5/15/2022 at 2:21 PM, Saint Greg said:

There have been some whispers that JH is going to be on this cruise.

I haven’t seen or heard him say anything about it but if he is I may have to dodge his eye phone camera a bit.

There have been whispers that JH is not going to be on this cruise.

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

There are printed docs for ArriveCAN? You can’t show them the app? Does ArriveCAN email you something? I have yet to see an app with a print function. The whole point of an app is you can do it On your phone.

I did not print ArriveCAN.  One podium at embarkation asked to see it but never scanned it.  It was never scanned our entire trip, actually.

I believe that as soon as you have your results you can enter them into Verifly and ArriveCAN and then those two apps will tell you if you’re good to go (that’s what I did).  If ArriveCAN doesn’t accept your results because it thinks you’re too early, that would be your indication to enact your backup plan.  But if both apps say you’re good, I would stop there.

We did rapids two days ahead BUT they were more than 48 hours in advance.  Both apps took them.  You won’t know what the apps decide about yours until you upload your results.

I do recommend screenshooting the QR code that ArriveCAN gives you and the green pass page on Verifly.  Depending on where you are in the terminal and whatnot, data coverage and cell service seemed to wax and wane and at times disappear.  When asked for ArriveCAN, I showed the screenshot because I was still trying to login to the actual app.  

Edited by arctickitty
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, tomo0862 said:

Well, to be fair, they didn't have your haircut records. 

Yeah it's not bad but he took like an hour. And there's one spot he messed up that's going to be a bit of a pain for me to deal with.

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah it's not bad but he took like an hour. And there's one spot he messed up that's going to be a bit of a pain for me to deal with.

Oh yeah. And he was going to be done. I was like "are you done?"  He thinned it out with these scissors that have a comb on them...I'm pretty sure my barber doesn't use that...but he hadn't taken anything off the front or combed my hair the way I had it so my hair is like hanging down to my eyebrows. "are you done?" "Yeah." "Could you take a little off the front please?" Then it looked much better once I got in the car and combed it myself.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Guest BasicSailor
23 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

They usually sprinkle pepper on the lite spots 😁See the source image

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Oh yeah. And he was going to be done. I was like "are you done?"  He thinned it out with these scissors that have a comb on them...I'm pretty sure my barber doesn't use that...but he hadn't taken anything off the front or combed my hair the way I had it so my hair is like hanging down to my eyebrows. "are you done?" "Yeah." "Could you take a little off the front please?" Then it looked much better once I got in the car and combed it myself.

Women go through this all the time.

Well, at least now we know you’re not bald.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4