Saint Greg's Splendor - Seattle to Alaska - Live - May 24-31

Saint Greg

6 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

What about seniors who do not use a computer?

Someone else can upload the information to an app for such a senior, but they’d need a way to bring a copy of the QR code.

My May 2nd sailing apparently did not deny boarding to people without ArriveCAN as they kept making announcements to do it and the stateroom attendants were tasked with talking to their guests individually.  They made it accessible on the ship WiFi and had help desks set up.  Met one person who tried to do it onboard and she was full of complaints (she was full of complaints in general but she said it took her 8 hours to do).  Took me about 5 minutes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

You never know, people might not notice...

96db7e5d163fa2403407e0dbab2df4e5.jpg

yeah nothing like that. I have a cowlick in the back where my part is. And if it isn’t left long enough it can be difficult to make it lay down. Dennis the menace style. Well I guess this barber’s way of dealing with it was to cut it as short as possible. So half a dozen hairs there are a couple centimeters and I’m going to be fighting to keep them laying down for awhile I’d imagine 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

yeah nothing like that. I have a cowlick in the back where my part is. And if it isn’t left long enough it can be difficult to make it lay down. Dennis the menace style. Well I guess this barber’s way of dealing with it was to cut it as short as possible. So half a dozen hairs there are a couple centimeters and I’m going to be fighting to keep them laying down for awhile I’d imagine 

Hairspray is your friend.  Don’t knock until you’ve tried it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m barely holding onto that entire row. The last seat in first class.

13D1A736-A1E6-41CF-87C7-520A85E48CFB.thumb.jpeg.da8bb53a62d5b2fcd1572632c09b9037.jpeg

You know they’re going to give that seat to someone who qualifies for an upgrade….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I've never flown first class, but hopefully some day...

This will be my first time. Normally I fly an airline that doesn’t even have first class (spirit) I did book their best seat to NYC though. The big front seat. Which is basically a first class seat. I think it was just $20 more than my usual exit row aisle seat. 

C2F404E2-4378-44FA-B777-9135B249085F.webp

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

There's plenty of room between seats so no biggie! :classic_laugh:

There’s plenty of room between me and the person in the back of the plane as well. It doesn’t mean I want all those people on the plane.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 14

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

This will be my first time. Normally I fly an airline that doesn’t even have first class (spirit) I did book their best seat to NYC though. The big front seat. Which is basically a first class seat. I think it was just $20 more than my usual exit row aisle seat. 

C2F404E2-4378-44FA-B777-9135B249085F.webp

Those are some big seats! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Those are some big seats! 

And look at the size of that armrest. No fighting for position there.  Something like that…and the first class…I’m comfortable getting a window seat because I know I’m not going to be crushed against the window.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 4

I was fortunate enough in a previous work life to get free upgrades to first class on American.  No, there is no storage in bulkhead sets, but since first class is the first to board, there’s no fighting for overhead storage.  There’s also no issue with feeling cramped in your seat or with elbow room.

• Like 2