Saint Greg's Splendor - Seattle to Alaska - Live - May 24-31

Saint Greg

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I'm pretty sure I'd recognize that monkey on the bar anywhere...

I was thinking more of if he happened to walk by in one of JH’s live videos.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blarko said:

I was thinking more of if he happened to walk by in one of JH’s live videos.

Some people actually expect me to be walking around with my monkey hanging around my neck. Sometimes it'll be hanging out of my pants if I didn't put it in all the way but never around my neck.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 11

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Some people actually expect me to be walking around with my monkey hanging around my neck.

Every time I saw him he was laying flat out on a bar!  :classic_biggrin: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 15

Guest BasicSailor
12 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Some people actually expect me to be walking around with my monkey hanging around my neck. Sometimes it'll be hanging out of my pants if I didn't put it in all the way but never around my neck.

Nasty Massie Ferguson See the source image

20 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, cruisin*tigger said:

The glass place was cool and so is the pop museum.  You can take a pic on Prince's motorcycle from Purple Rain.😊  All of these don't take that long to walk through, are close together, and so works great for seeing a lot in a day.

How long would you say? Google machine says 2-3 hours for Chihuly and 1.5-3 hours for Mopop which is causing a lot of my scheduling problems. That's 3 1/2 to 6 hours just for those two if google is right. 

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

How long would you say? Google machine says 2-3 hours for Chihuly and 1.5-3 hours for Mopop which is causing a lot of my scheduling problems. That's 3 1/2 to 6 hours just for those two if google is right. 

Well, it depends on how involved you want to get at the two museums.  If you take pictures of everything and read up on each display, it would take hours.  I took some pics of the glass and strolled thru pretty quick, same for the pop museum. 

I bought the City Pass too, so got there right when the glass museum opened and picked up my booklet.  No line, so it was quick.  Saw the museum and then the Needle has timed entries so had to wander a bit to kill time and then got in line for that.  Then went to the pop museum.  If you are pressed for time I’d say you could do an hour or so at each museum and even less at the Needle, although you do have to wait in line for that one.  I can’t remember, maybe they let people up every half hour or 45 min.?  

I wanted to go back to the Needle at night for my 2nd visit, but never made it because I was down at the waterfront.

I visited mid May too, 2019.  Crowds weren’t too bad.  It’s cool that three places were right there together to use the City Pass on.  

• Like 2

Looking forward to this! 

If you DID decide you wanted to do the zoo, it's a VERY easy bus ride from Downtown. Done it many times, and it's a decent zoo. The underground tour is AMAZING (if they are still doing it). Also, make sure you check out the crumpet place near Pike Place - so, so good.

• Like 3

I got this email from Amazon today saying I could get two free audio books. Seemed like good timing with the trip coming up.

38460D8E-8977-420A-A210-A892A21E997C.thumb.jpeg.ca814a6883a77085d03e40dd48eb326d.jpeg

I found a couple books I’ve wanted to read but haven’t and downloaded them. I have almost 20 hours of audio books for the trip now. I just need to cancel that audible within a month.

0A5EFBFC-408F-4F7F-A5A4-F1B49D396953.thumb.jpeg.7ab6dfe999d2792795b034cefcbc9458.jpeg

• Like 8

On 5/16/2022 at 9:35 AM, arctickitty said:

He said the captain said so.

My ex parents in laws did a Princess Alaska cruise and had a naturalist.  I did Norwegian and didn’t have one.  I assumed Carnival was in the same price bracket as NCL and just didn’t haven’t them.  Curious if anyone has one this summer.  The Alaska State Ferry used to have one and I enjoyed him a lot.  I’m sure Saint Greg will tell us!

As for the announcements, it was merciful that the captain banned Andy from making many because he couldn’t pronounce half the words on the script and English is his first language.

As for noise pollution, I was skeptical but actually see the point.  Our entire hike in Ketchikan we kept hearing the ding doo doo doo ding and mwah mwah mwah of another ship that was docked.  If I lived in one of these ports, I think I’d get behind a local noise ordinance that limited the onboard announcements.  The sound carries far up into the mountains.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2837263-arctickitty-tackles-alaska-carnival-splendor-02-10-may-2022-trip-planning-trip-report-mehhhhbe-some-live/page/12/#comment-63215109

We had a Naturalist on our 2019 Carnival cruise but not on our 2021

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I got this email from Amazon today saying I could get two free audio books. Seemed like good timing with the trip coming up.

38460D8E-8977-420A-A210-A892A21E997C.thumb.jpeg.ca814a6883a77085d03e40dd48eb326d.jpeg

I found a couple books I’ve wanted to read but haven’t and downloaded them. I have almost 20 hours of audio books for the trip now. I just need to cancel that audible within a month.

0A5EFBFC-408F-4F7F-A5A4-F1B49D396953.thumb.jpeg.7ab6dfe999d2792795b034cefcbc9458.jpeg

I just signed up for a free month of Audible because of the Miranda Obsession.  I've never listened to books/plays so this will be interesting!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

Looking forward to another great review.  My goal in life is to be on a cruise with Saint Greg.  I recommend eating at the Crap Pot on Pier 57.

What do they serve at The Crap Pot? 

• Haha 9

On 5/16/2022 at 4:39 PM, Saint Greg said:

Does anyone do the Inspector Clouseau voice when they say "He's your monkey?"

• Like 1

St Greg, what type of Covid test are you getting at Walgreen's?  I'm scheduled at Walgreen's for a Rapid NAAT, which I usually have gotten a Rapid antigen at CVS but CVS isn't doing tests currently.  Thanks for your feedback!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

St Greg, what type of Covid test are you getting at Walgreen's?  I'm scheduled at Walgreen's for a Rapid NAAT, which I usually have gotten a Rapid antigen at CVS but CVS isn't doing tests currently.  Thanks for your feedback!

if you aren’t going to Canada you’re definitely good with the Walgreens ID now which I believe is the rapid naat. I’ve been using it for a few cruises.

Now with Canada  I’m thinking of playing it safe with the full pcr and just do my home one if I don’t have results by the time I get to my hotel in Seattle. Now I’m wondering because I’ve seen people say the Canada thing says 72 hours before boarding so are they going to deny me if it take a test at 9am on saturday and try to board at noon on Tuesday?

Edited by Saint Greg