Saint Greg's Splendor - Seattle to Alaska - Live - May 24-31

Saint Greg

30 minutes ago, jbhcw said:

Loved your opening post....one of my favorite songs...you probably weren't even born when it was recorded!!!!   I also love all the pre cruise details...cannot wait...Alaska is one place we never got to...DH didn't not like cold weather and did not like to fly....Hope it's a super fantastic cruise for you!

I think my mom was probably in kindergarten.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think you will really like Andy! He was director of Punchliner when I was on the Mardi Gras and then I got to see him again on the Magic. He's young and energetic, and VERY funny. 

In Victoria, we usually just get off and go check out a couple dive bars near the port just to say we visited. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, keels81 said:

I think you will really like Andy! He was director of Punchliner when I was on the Mardi Gras and then I got to see him again on the Magic. He's young and energetic, and VERY funny. 

In Victoria, we usually just get off and go check out a couple dive bars near the port just to say we visited. 

Oh I know him. Not my favorite punchliner host. This is a picture of him telling me I can’t take pictures.

84775DD0-9DF6-45F5-ACA4-EF0ECF0A68D6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

I’m doing this cruise as well.  Flying from Victoria to Seattle the day of the cruise. I’ve been to Seattle before and this will be Alaska cruise #6, so my trip will be a lot less active than I’m sure yours will be, but looking forward to following your report from onboard and if I happen to “find” you, will say hi.

By the way, while Port Valet lists Carnival ships and cruises, according to John Heald, Carnival does NOT use their services, so don’t rely on it.  I think it’s an issue of money, but it’s just my opinion.  Port Valet doesn’t charge cruise passengers,  but it may likely charge Carnival and Carnival isn’t interested in putting out the money.

Edited by Luckysll
  • Like 3

@Saint Greg  --  Have an amazingly fabulous trip!!!

I hit "downtown" Talkeetna today & by the number of Princess, RCL & Premier Buses - Tourist season has definitely started...

I was checking mail & then drove by the softball field to see if the snow would be melted in time for the first tournament in 2 weeks...

Barring new snow - it should be snow free - but may be wet.

I stopped to enjoy Denali & the Alaska Range from the Denali Overlook today...

Denali & Range - Talkeetna Overlook - 051422.JPG

And another slightly closer shot of Denali on 04/20/22 - same spot 🙂

Denali - Talkeetna Overlook - 042022.JPG

Edited by Von & John
  • Like 11

8 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I see that "El Guapo San Greg" has received a promotion.

Yeah I don’t think we’re going to be using much Spanish this trip. It was going to be his majesty Saint Greg the Great but that was too many characters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Oh I know him. Not my favorite punchliner host. This is a picture of him telling me I can’t take pictures.

How rude! Did he know who he was talking to? You’re wayyyyy more famous than him 🤩

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hey Greg! Sorry I'm late to the party, as we just finished our drive back to New Jersey from Florida. We'll be following along and at the same time working on our Mardi Gras review. Have a great cruise,  and I'm sure you will enjoy the Splendor and Alaska! 😎

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Hey Greg! Sorry I'm late to the party, as we just finished our drive back to New Jersey from Florida. We'll be following along and at the same time working on our Mardi Gras review. Have a great cruise,  and I'm sure you will enjoy the Splendor and Alaska! 😎

oh boy!  i get to "go" on two cruises at once!!

yay!!!

love you guys!!!

• Like 5

Guest BasicSailor
11 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Tell me yawl didn't drive straight through 😲

15 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Hasn't even started yet. Wow I didn't realize y'all drove it!

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

My bread plate tonight...

PXL_20220515_012813198.MP.jpg

Will that fit in your pocket? 😎

9 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Hasn't even started yet. Wow I didn't realize y'all drove it!

Not a big deal, just two 8 hour days to drive. We spent 3 days pre cruise in Port Canaveral,  and 6 days post cruise in Orlando,  so it's great to have your own car, and pack as much stuff as you want. 😎

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Not a big deal, just two 8 hour days to drive. We spent 3 days pre cruise in Port Canaveral,  and 6 days post cruise in Orlando,  so it's great to have your own car, and pack as much stuff as you want. 😎

Definitely. The great thing about New Orleans or Galveston for me is I don’t have to bring any dirty clothes from the pre-cruise stay with me. Just leave them in the car. I’m struggling to think about taking 4 days of dirty clothes on Magic in august.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest BasicSailor
3 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

I truly respect people doing this, reminds me of well, ME 😁