Saint Greg's Splendor - Seattle to Alaska - Live - May 24-31

Saint Greg

22 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Definitely. The great thing about New Orleans or Galveston for me is I don’t have to bring any dirty clothes from the pre-cruise stay with me. Just leave them in the car. I’m struggling to think about taking 4 days of dirty clothes on Magic in august.

We love being only 1-1/2 to 4 hours from Galveston 😆.  Last two times we used Uber. Slightly more expensive, but so much less stressful. Just sat back and enjoyed the ride. The last driver home was a bit of a chaotic driver, just “gave it to Jesus” and held each other’s hands 😥❤️

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Definitely. The great thing about New Orleans or Galveston for me is I don’t have to bring any dirty clothes from the pre-cruise stay with me. Just leave them in the car. I’m struggling to think about taking 4 days of dirty clothes on Magic in august.

Let Carnival wash and wrinkle them for you. Heck, just pack a suitcase of laundry. 

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Removing Body Odor Smell From Clothing | ThriftyFun

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, b8nkr said:

We will be on the spirit 5/18. Can you tell me if carnival is for sure offering port valet this year? 

It looks like maybe not yet. I know people from my cruise signed up for it but apparently as of last week JH said Carnival is not using it right now but he’ll let everyone know when they do start using it again.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, mommio said:

We love being only 1-1/2 to 4 hours from Galveston 😆.  Last two times we used Uber. Slightly more expensive, but so much less stressful. Just sat back and enjoyed the ride. The last driver home was a bit of a chaotic driver, just “gave it to Jesus” and held each other’s hands 😥❤️

You take 4 hour Uber rides?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Here and ready for Alaska. This will hopefully be one of the next ones we do. Especially since my kid moved all the way across the country from us to live in Seattle. We can stay with him for a few days pre cruise. Can’t wait to follow along. 

• Like 1

Love your reviews and will be following along as we can.  We are on the Spirit 5/18 cruise.  This is our third cruise to Alaska and it is really beautiful.  The first time there we took the cruise line excursion to the Mendenhall Glacier and it definitely was not enough time.  Enjoy your cruise. 

This is our home port so with traffic on a weekday it will only take us about three hours to get there.  Better than a flight at this time with all of their changes.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

You take 4 hour Uber rides?

45 has been an utter nightmare lately. Luckily for us it was smooth going, but on the way home it was miles upon miles of stopped traffic heading south. Keep that in mind if you’re sailing out of Galveston. 

Edited by mommio
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Do what you gotta do but all I know is I don't want your boys mixing with my boys!🤣

• Haha 2

We have used Port Valet on the ships in Seattle. I never knew it could be ordered in advance- we always fill out the papers on the ship. It is a fantastic service, and I hope it is available on the Splendor in August.  Thanks for posting that link!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Linsuesue said:

We have used Port Valet on the ships in Seattle. I never knew it could be ordered in advance- we always fill out the papers on the ship. It is a fantastic service, and I hope it is available on the Splendor in August.  Thanks for posting that link!

Keep an eye on that because it looks like they’re allowing Carnival people to book it online but JH is telling people Carnival isn’t doing it right now. 

Thanks for starting your review so early. I appreciate all of your advice since Alaska is on my bucket list, and I almost went in 2021. You always give the most thorough reviews. Safe travels next weekend!

Ashley

• Like 5

I tried the same thing for New York but their cheapest room even under that deal is $150 more than I paid under the spring sale over the course of the four nights.

Edited by Saint Greg

I may have been partially duped by fine print.

check out these emails:

This was my original reservation.

BC4FBF10-BD24-46EB-A007-0B91BFCF4BA5.thumb.jpeg.c6614600e334976b6251bcf1059ada56.jpeg

This is the one I just booked. 

8B74DE56-9656-4E0F-BD33-AFD8C64D9895.thumb.jpeg.4435743ca16ccf98c9484f4435828b5b.jpeg

Even if they charge me a $20 urban retreat fee. It’s still an upgrade for less. The question is “other taxes associated with this reservation.” I don’t get that. I paid $40 in taxes. If they’re going to add another $40 urban retreat fee AND more taxes after the fact I’m not going to be happy.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 6

22 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

New gloves are water resistant and have the pad on the thumb and index finger on both hands so I can use the phone. It works good. I tried to get these for Christmas but it didn’t workout. Someone thought isotoners would better. And someone else thought I would appreciate saints gloves more. Neither of which are the kind you can use your phone with. So I ordered these myself. Only $10. We’ll see how well they hold up.

SUOYANA Winter Gloves Touch Screen Gloves Warm Waterproof Windproof Full Palm Non-Slip Lightweight for Women and Men Running,Walking,Cycling,Driving in Cold Weather https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B077GMHN7Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_TRQGRY28JX76A6302N8F?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

DF4DC7F8-FF88-4C82-9DC8-E374C5C103A4.jpeg

BBD2B7F1-5776-4AF9-BD76-70E07E9FAAD4.jpeg

I certainly hope these work as I just ordered 2 pairs for our Alaska cruise in June

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

check out these emails:

BC4FBF10-BD24-46EB-A007-0B91BFCF4BA5.thumb.jpeg.c6614600e334976b6251bcf1059ada56.jpeg

8B74DE56-9656-4E0F-BD33-AFD8C64D9895.thumb.jpeg.4435743ca16ccf98c9484f4435828b5b.jpeg

Even if they charge me a $20 urban retreat fee. It’s still an upgrade for less. The question is “other taxes associated with this reservation.” I don’t get that. I paid $40 in taxes. If they’re going to add another $40 urban retreat fee AND more taxes after the fact I’m not going to be happy.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

check out these emails:

Wow, I live in the Pacific North Wet and have never heard of an Urban Retreat Fee!!?

I am sure it includes complimentary use of an Urban Sombrero during your stay!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3