Our Marvelous Mardi Gras B2B (with pics!) - April 23rd, 2022

Jamman54

So glad to see you've started your review and will try to be patient 😁

I was nervous about booking in May based on needing to cross the border, so won't be cruising until Oct. out of Baltimore for the partial Panama Canal sailing.  I did book 2 weeks in Daytona Beach Shores while you were cruising and stopped at the same Buccee's, they're crazy!

Edited by aztekpm
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, lazydayz said:

So happy to see your review.  We board MG on Saturday, our second cruise on her!  So excited.  

Glad to have you aboard! Enjoy your cruise! 😎

7 hours ago, rmh661983 said:

So glad to see a new review of the Mardi Gras. I am going on her in June and love living vicariously through everyone else until it is my turn.

Be sure to take notes! You will have a great time on the Mardi Gras! 😎

6 hours ago, Steph0224 said:

Excited for your review of Mardi Gras!! We were on in October and loved her!

Thanks for reading! Hope we bring back some great memories. 😀

5 hours ago, SenatorsFan said:

Hi Jeff and Patti, it's so great to see you back with another one of your always enjoyable reviews! 😊I still have nothing booked, but hope to very soon.

Heather

Hey Heather! Always great to have you along. You need to get a cruise booked! 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aztekpm said:

So glad to see you've started your review and will try to be patient 😁

I was nervous about booking in May based on needing to cross the border, so won't be cruising until Oct. out of Baltimore for the partial Panama Canal sailing.  I did book 2 weeks in Daytona Beach Shores while you were cruising and stopped at the same Buccee's, they're crazy!

Glad to have you along for the ride once again! Buc-ee's is awesome! 🤗

3 hours ago, arctickitty said:

Yay!  A fun trip to read about!

Glad to have you aboard! Enjoying your review as well! 🤗

Hey gang! Today is back to work day, and later we will be going to the Somerset Patriots baseball game, so we won't be posting anything today. No worries though, we'll be getting you on the Mardi Gras tomorrow. 😎

• Like 7

WOOHOOO!!! Love all your reviews and been waiting patiently for this one on the MG! We'll be cruising on her in July sailing the same San Juan, DR, and Grand Turk. Can't wait for more to come!

• Like 1

Before deciding on a particular cruise, I always ask myself, "What does Jamman think of this ship and its port calls?"  and then go hunting for a review written by you and illustrated by Patti with her great pictures.  I've been thinking of the Mardi Gras so your review will be invaluable.  Thank you!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Glad to have you along for the ride once again! Buc-ee's is awesome 🤗

Glad to have you aboard! Enjoying your review as well! 🤗

I have never been to a Buc-ees but I know some little ones who get very upset if they have to change out of their Buc-ees shirts.

It is fun that our trip reviews are to such different places and climates but still the same Carnival!  I am a fan of the door to door approach.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jolyroger said:

WOOHOOO!!! Love all your reviews and been waiting patiently for this one on the MG! We'll be cruising on her in July sailing the same San Juan, DR, and Grand Turk. Can't wait for more to come!

Make sure you take notes! 😁 I think that you will enjoy the Mardi Gras! 😎

2 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Looking forward to how the gal has changed and not changed since August. 🙂

Thanks for hopping aboard. Let us know if you see anything worth noting. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cushing985 said:

Before deciding on a particular cruise, I always ask myself, "What does Jamman think of this ship and its port calls?"  and then go hunting for a review written by you and illustrated by Patti with her great pictures.  I've been thinking of the Mardi Gras so your review will be invaluable.  Thank you!

Thanks for your kind words. It's one of the reasons we do these reviews. We try to be objective and tell it like it is. Though the Mardi Gras is not perfect,  I think you would have a great time. 🤗

29 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

Following along, never sailed on Carnival before, planning on sailing on Mardi Gras next year, can't wait.

Glad to have you along with us. She is a beautiful ship, and I don't think you will be disappointed. 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yay!  The review is here!  😎  It was so nice to meet you and Patti and we look forward to reliving week 1 of the B2B.   We are already plotting how soon we can get back on MG!  

Looking forward to the rest!  Cheers!  🍺

T

• Like 2

How was the capacity on the ship for your two cruises?  We sailed in September of 2021 and we were only at like 55% and it felt empty.  We are sailing her again on 6/18th and cant wait.  I know they say our cruise is sold out but with the news coming out I am wondering if they scaled back capacity because of staffing issues.

• Like 2

Happy to see another review from you and Patty. We haven't cruised since 2019. My OCD and anxiety would kill me with everything you have to do. Hopefully we can return someday soon. In the meantime, I'm jumping on board with you guys 🙂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, obx_fintoo said:

Yay!  The review is here!  😎  It was so nice to meet you and Patti and we look forward to reliving week 1 of the B2B.   We are already plotting how soon we can get back on MG!  

Looking forward to the rest!  Cheers!  🍺

T

It was great to meet you guys as well. As we progress through the review, if there is anything that you want to add, please do. What are you waiting for...book it! :classic_biggrin:

3 hours ago, ALSPAUGHDOLL said:

I can't wait to read your review.   We are on the June 18th sailing!  

Thanks for joining us! Seems like a lot of readers are sailing on the MG in the near future. :classic_cool:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wardwhitty said:

How was the capacity on the ship for your two cruises?  We sailed in September of 2021 and we were only at like 55% and it felt empty.  We are sailing her again on 6/18th and cant wait.  I know they say our cruise is sold out but with the news coming out I am wondering if they scaled back capacity because of staffing issues.

Capacity based on double occupancy is 5,282. Our first cruise had 5,800 + which is 110% based on double occupancy, and our second cruise was 5,400+ which is 103%. At these capacities we found that getting to venues at least 30 / 45 minutes prior to show time was a must to get a decent seat. For Center Stage shows, at least an hour if you wanted to sit close downstairs. We even saw a long line for Build a Bear! :classic_cool:

3 hours ago, RenoNanaOz said:

Happy to see another review from you and Patty. We haven't cruised since 2019. My OCD and anxiety would kill me with everything you have to do. Hopefully we can return someday soon. In the meantime, I'm jumping on board with you guys 🙂 

You are always welcome on board with us! :classic_laugh:

• Like 4