LIVE...Oasis- May 22

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! (Note: will promo on 5/22/22)"

allisonb22 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Planning on trying to do a live review for our Oasis OTS sailing leaving Sunday 5/22. I will try my best to keep up! If anyone else is already planning on doing their own live review...LMK and I will just tag along. No need for two separate threads.

We are so excited for this cruise... we are both Emerald but have never gotten the chance to sail an Oasis class. Even better that we don't have to fly! Looking forward to lots of cocktails and sunshine!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Have a great cruise. We are on the following cruise leaving 5/29. Really starting to get excited. Looking forward to reading about your experiences. Please post a copy of the weekly entertainment schedule. It will help with our planning. Thanks

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lovetoofli said:

Have a great cruise. We are on the following cruise leaving 5/29. Really starting to get excited. Looking forward to reading about your experiences. Please post a copy of the weekly entertainment schedule. It will help with our planning. Thanks

We are also!

• Like 1

Wow, check in was seamless. It was so easy!!! 

We sailed Anthem in Jan and it wS a nightmare. Waited in the cold for over 2 hours. Today, walked right in after dropping off our bags, straight through security, checked in, and now waiting to board! 

Thanks for following along everyone! Let me know if you have any questions… I will do my best 😊

• Like 6

Keep a look out for whales after going through the Narrows (after passing under the Verrazano).  We saw at least one, maybe more from the beach.  Have a great cruise. We'll be boarding as you debark next Sunday.

• Like 2

boarded around 10:20.. explored the ship and had a few drinks. rooms were ready right around 1pm. they just announced that a “few hundred people” had not completed their muster’s. still looks like a long line of people waiting to check in

made dinner reservations for Izumi Hibachi tonight. we usually are happy with MDR and don’t have the UDP but we have been wanting to try the hibachi so we’re giving it a shot tonight! 

headed to Playmakers to watch the red sox game for now 😊

• Like 2

they just made the third announcement in about 45 mins about guests not completing the safety drill. they really emphasized that several hundred have not done it yet. i wonder if there’s a chance we take off later than expected due to people not complying.. 

17 minutes ago, allisonb22 said:

they just made the third announcement in about 45 mins about guests not completing the safety drill. they really emphasized that several hundred have not done it yet. i wonder if there’s a chance we take off later than expected due to people not complying.. 

Everyone does it at a different time?  What happened to the entire ship going to their muster stations at 3pm or such?   How do they do it now?

13 minutes ago, sadiwest said:

Everyone does it at a different time?  What happened to the entire ship going to their muster stations at 3pm or such?   How do they do it now?

Yes, to avoid packing a ton of people into one location they do it differently now. You watch some safety videos in the app (before or after boarding) or on the TV in your cabin, then you stop by your muster station and check in with a crew member there. Once you check in you can leave. The crew member is at the muster station all afternoon waiting for people to come and check in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, allisonb22 said:

boarding day drink package deal 

image.jpg

17 hours ago, SG65CB said:

Yes, to avoid packing a ton of people into one location they do it differently now. You watch some safety videos in the app (before or after boarding) or on the TV in your cabin, then you stop by your muster station and check in with a crew member there. Once you check in you can leave. The crew member is at the muster station all afternoon waiting for people to come and check in. 

Did they offer refreshment package also ? We will be going in Aug .lifted  and shifted twice. Enjoy your trip thanks for posting . 

17 hours ago, SG65CB said:

This is a really nice way for check in.  Super easy.

• Like 1

had a good dinner at Izumi, gambled a bit, then went to the headliner comedy show. both comedians were good but you could tell they were struggling to keep it PG because it was the family show. 

had breakfast in the windjammer this morning and then hung out at the solarium bar afterwards. decided we’d sit by the pool/in the sun and there were NO chairs anywhere… lots and lots of towels left on chairs with no one sitting in them. found a seat at the lime and coconut bar and are hanging out here until we’re hungry for lunch 

3 hours ago, babys mom said:

Did they offer refreshment package also ? We will be going in Aug .lifted  and shifted twice. Enjoy your trip thanks for posting . 

they weren’t advertising it for the BOGO deal so i’m not sure if that is included in the promo or not