Will RCCL accept this proctored covid testing...?

4 hours ago, CAT GIRL said:

Patty, I'm going to try your company for my next test.  So the free tests that I got from USPS has two kits in it, but the box needs to be unopened for the test right?  So basically that second test that's in the box cannot be used for proctoring I am assuming?  Or am I missing something?

We went with IHealth proctored testing last time Anita. There was no problem using both tests, as long as the interior components were still sealed. But IHealth isn't offering proctored testing at present. (And they're not my company. :classic_tongue: ) Bill used the second test in the box. 

I think we are going to try this company (OnPoint Testing) next time in September. I don't know what their procedures are yet, but they keep lowering the price of proctored testing. :classic_biggrin:

https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwwJuVBhCAARIsAOPwGASC4rzKMZegHhLG6VJTYwuz3yh9PzF-F-HOO4wgD71UH1SRjrQHDs0aAlosEALw_wcB

And remember you get 8 free tests a month at local pharmacies. (via your insurance) And those seem to be FlowFlex tests in individual small boxes. They work just like all the others. 

Edited by Coralc

18 hours ago, johnjen said:

OK, I am realizing that this company called "Rapid Test & Trace USA" might not be a good way to test because they do not have a direct phone number to speak with anyone should the scheduled meetup go wrong.

Also, they do NOT specifically mention that you MUST install Microsoft Teams to facilitate this. And, I don't see exactly what they do during the session. 

Anyone have the same feelings?

I am planning on using Rapid Test and Trace with my IPhone for my cruise in two weeks.  This is the first time I am hearing I need Microsoft Teams to do the test?  Sorry, I’m a bit confused,   what is Microsoft Teams?  Is it 

something that is already installed on an IPhone?

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

It's a collaboration app that you need to install.

Thank you Biker19.  I just chatted online with them and they said I should install the Microsoft Teams app for a better connection.

All of this is so stressful!  We are on a Medicare Advantage Plan

(HMO) and they will not cover the rapid antigen test so we decided to do the online proctored one.  At least this way I don’t have to go to Walgreens and know that I will pay only $20 for a rapidtestandtrace session.

20 hours ago, Coralc said:

We went with IHealth proctored testing last time Anita. There was no problem using both tests, as long as the interior components were still sealed. But IHealth isn't offering proctored testing at present. (And they're not my company. :classic_tongue: ) Bill used the second test in the box. 

I think we are going to try this company (OnPoint Testing) next time in September. I don't know what their procedures are yet, but they keep lowering the price of proctored testing. :classic_biggrin:

https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwwJuVBhCAARIsAOPwGASC4rzKMZegHhLG6VJTYwuz3yh9PzF-F-HOO4wgD71UH1SRjrQHDs0aAlosEALw_wcB

And remember you get 8 free tests a month at local pharmacies. (via your insurance) And those seem to be FlowFlex tests in individual small boxes. They work just like all the others. 

I'm going to give them a try on Friday. I also have a Walgreens test scheduled as well so I will have those results as a back up. But I want to try this proctoring site to see if it works. I cruise on Sunday. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Coralc said:

Seems ONPoint testing is only $10 now!  I'm planing to use this telemed site along with the free test mailed by USPS for our trip to Alaska in August.  I hope this works and I'm not missing something.  The website says ANY over the counter test.  Figuring out this testing has been the most stressful part of the trip and its been rebooked 4 times since 2019 for over 14 people! 🤪 

• Like 1

I feel for all of you.  We had to test on June 3rd for our June 5th cruise on Oasis.  I used Rapid Test & Trace.  It all went very smoothly.  Yes, we had to use Microsoft Teams.  After doing the testing and viewing my results, I noticed there were no CLIA number on the results.  However, friends of ours used CVS and their results didn't have the numbers either.  I really stressed like crazy over this.  However, it was no problem.  The agents did not look for the CLIA number at all.  They just checked to make sure we tested negative.  It took us less than 15 minutes to check in for a family of 4 at the terminal.

Good luck to you all!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Coralc said:

Whoever uses OnPoint, please let us know how it goes! :classic_biggrin: It is stressful, and it would be nice to get some feedback about them before September. :classic_smile:

We test tomorrow using onpoint for out Thursday cruise, I will report back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gregoryfo said:

We test tomorrow using onpoint for out Thursday cruise, I will report back.

Thank you so much for offering to report back.

I think I read someone said they had problems making an appointment they wanted.  How many days prior to the day you wanted the test did you purchase it?  I’m thinking to purchase a few days before.  Wondering since rapidtestandtrace gives you a preview calendar of test availability whereas Onpoint doesn’t.

• Thanks 1

On 6/13/2022 at 5:56 AM, Leosmom said:

I am planning on using Rapid Test and Trace with my IPhone for my cruise in two weeks.  This is the first time I am hearing I need Microsoft Teams to do the test?  Sorry, I’m a bit confused,   what is Microsoft Teams?  Is it 

something that is already installed on an IPhone?

A meeting app you might have on your work laptop. Much alike Zoom.

So, FINALLY getting my refund after I cancelled out with them. Godspeed, hope it goes well, I just wasn't getting questions answered and there's NO WAY to actually speak to them.

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2022 at 9:40 PM, Leosmom said:

Thank you so much for offering to report back.

I think I read someone said they had problems making an appointment they wanted.  How many days prior to the day you wanted the test did you purchase it?  I’m thinking to purchase a few days before.  Wondering since rapidtestandtrace gives you a preview calendar of test availability whereas Onpoint doesn’t.

I had no problem making an appointment, and I looked for appointments just four days after purchasing.  Their customer service leaves a bit to be desired, but the process went smoothly.  I made a dedicated thread to give a detailed account of my OnPoint expereince and uploaded a copy of the letter they emailed me. 

• Thanks 1

Hi folks,

I work at the pier in Vancouver and may check some of you in for your cruise if you are leaving from here. Up until now I can assure you that we do not look for the CLIA number or the company you used for the test. We are primarily looking for the date the test was completed, your name, and the negative result.

Hope this helps alleviate some of your pre-cruise stress. I know how you feel though as I have sailed several times during the pandemic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 6/14/2022 at 12:57 AM, Coralc said:

Whoever uses OnPoint, please let us know how it goes! :classic_biggrin: It is stressful, and it would be nice to get some feedback about them before September. :classic_smile:

Greg started a separate thread for his experience and I added my experience from last night.

Spent 10 usd just to check out the service. Didnt need test for any reason.

It is amazing how people spend thousands on cruise, hundreds on excursions, scores on dinning and then try to save couple of bucks on such things!!

If you are stressed, just use EMED kits that thousands have used and have proven to work.

With USA dropping entry testing, all these companies suddenly have lots of open slots but in few weeks they will reduce staffing and some may even stop providing this service. (EMED is more likely to be around

One must have backup (easier if cruising from US port and not so much if cruising out of European post and are counting on test here at home and then fly) in case this (or similar) company is having trouble when your need to test come around.

If you are cruising next week, this might be ok.

• 3 weeks later...

So we're not cruising until mid October and I realize things can change overnight, but right now what is the easiest way to get the pre-cruise test completed?

I don't want to have to install apps on my phone or mess with anything other than getting the test and having the results quickly before we have to fly to FLL the day before departure.

32 minutes ago, mek said:

So we're not cruising until mid October and I realize things can change overnight, but right now what is the easiest way to get the pre-cruise test completed?

I don't want to have to install apps on my phone or mess with anything other than getting the test and having the results quickly before we have to fly to FLL the day before departure.

rapidtestandtrace.com requires no installation of apps. They use Microsoft Teams but you can just click on a link and it will open in your browser if you don't want to download it.

https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/

Edited by OCSC Mike

9 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

rapidtestandtrace.com requires no installation of apps. They use Microsoft Teams but you can just click on a link and it will open in your browser if you don't want to download it.

https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/

Thanks - so I can use the test kits provided by the government or something else?